Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1343

Thread: Show me your custom camp knife/chopper.

  1. #381
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seoul/Vancover/Tokyo
    Posts
    1,438

    ADVERTISEMENT
    Where in Korea? I'm in 서울 강서구.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Frankl View Post
    Wana,

    Where are you in Thailand? I am in Korea and travel to Thailand every year.

    Best,

    John

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pasak riverside Aranyik Ayutthaya Thailand
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by John Frankl View Post
    Wana,

    Where are you in Thailand? I am in Korea and travel to Thailand every year.

    Best,

    John
    I just move from Bangkok to Ayutthaya (Aranyik Village) because that place is good area to working, that's knife making village so don't worry about sound and facility.
    Hope to see you John.

  3. #383
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tumwater, WA
    Posts
    354
    Here is another V2 Chopper that I guncoated the blade and guard black to help with rust protection.



    Almost 24" overall with a little over 13" of blade. Differentially heat treated 52100 .200 thick. Dan

  4. #384
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    7,327
    That's awesome iron!
    Semper fi, GFY!
    Just shut up and use your f#?*!ng knives!
    http://Www.tmhuntcustomknives.com/

  5. #385
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    637
    simplicity can be so beautiful - (if anyone is selling one let me know )


  6. #386
    I love me some choppers!


    Just the Siegles.

  7. #387
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Belmont, MA
    Posts
    1,893
    Wana, Thank you. I'll definitely try to visit soon

    Petah, I live in Apgujeong and work in Shinchon.
    John Frankl

  8. #388
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbystoney View Post
    I love me some choppers!


    Just the Siegles.
    What a beautiful collection of beasts!

  9. #389
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seoul/Vancover/Tokyo
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by John Frankl View Post
    Wana, Thank you. I'll definitely try to visit soon

    Petah, I live in Apgujeong and work in Shinchon.
    Great place to live! Many pretty girls there.

  10. #390
    More Siegles

  11. #391
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    108
    forged this out of an old rasp.



    Jan

  12. #392
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shelby,N.C.
    Posts
    1,880

    Low layer Damasus

    I haven't made a whole lot of knives compared to my tomahawks,here is one I made a few yrs. back from a few layers of 1095 and heavy sawblade w/ambosia maple,one of the sharpest knives I have.I know dose'nt compare to some the beauties on this thread,but here you go--Regards Butch


    By rsilver4 at 2011-09-02


    By rsilver4 at 2011-09-02

  13. #393
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Peidmont N.C.
    Posts
    583

    Iron is from an old truck leaf spring, forged in the charcoal forge and quenched in brine water. Bolster is a scrap copper pipe fitting.
    Handle is Maple stump from a dead tree on our place with a rawhide wrap.
    Sheath is some of my deer rawhide over boot leather with a simple concho made from a snuff lid and a antler button from the same deer. .....Randy

  14. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Poulsbo, WA
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by butchesforge View Post
    I haven't made a whole lot of knives compared to my tomahawks,here is one I made a few yrs. back from a few layers of 1095 and heavy sawblade w/ambosia maple,one of the sharpest knives I have.I know dose'nt compare to some the beauties on this thread,but here you go--Regards Butch


    By rsilver4 at 2011-09-02


    By rsilver4 at 2011-09-02
    Don't know what you're talking about. . .looks GREAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by church&son View Post

    Iron is from an old truck leaf spring, forged in the charcoal forge and quenched in brine water. Bolster is a scrap copper pipe fitting.
    Handle is Maple stump from a dead tree on our place with a rawhide wrap.
    Sheath is some of my deer rawhide over boot leather with a simple concho made from a snuff lid and a antler button from the same deer. .....Randy
    AWESOME work as always!!!

  15. #395
    Nice work.
    Last edited by mana nuimnim; 09-19-2011 at 09:30 PM.

  16. #396
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    High Desert SoCal
    Posts
    954
    The largest I have done so far:

    12" OAL 7" Blade
    36" hollow ground 5160 with about a 1/8" drop clip and a recurve (not very apparent in the pic)
    Bead blasted and blued with Linen Micarta
    Kydex by neighboring maker Robert Scheppmann



    David Sharp
    Sharpwerks
    Last edited by David Sharp; 09-19-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: more info

  17. #397
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario
    Posts
    170
    I have post these two before, but I thought I would add them to this thread as they fit the theme

    Recurve Camp


    Bowie/Chopper


    James

  18. #398
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,114
    Great knives, guys.

    Roger

  19. #399
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,091
    This is a awesome thread. I love Choppers!

    Heres one we did a few months back, damascus with willow burl handles

    HHH Knives, Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth & Guided by the spirit

    LINK to Handle materials

    LINK to Damascus billets.

  20. #400
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Poulsbo, WA
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    This is a awesome thread. I love Choppers!

    Heres one we did a few months back, damascus with willow burl handles

    Very cool!

Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •