Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Horton Knives....Official,, Dog/Cat/Pet thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by blakem View Post
    I'm trying to talk momma into a Bordeaux or a mastiff, she's worried it'll 'bully' her.

Momma knows to flip Buddy (Amstaff) , 65 lbs of pure muscle, on his back if he acts up. Dogs really want to know there place in your family.

She's got a hard time with Gus, and he's about 80 lbs. So a dog twice the size might not be the a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rlarge10 View Post
    hopefully. i'm trying to find a good female that isn't to far away. i've been talking to the guy we got atlas from and he is thinking of stepping up and getting a female of equal quality to ares. then we'll be in business

Sweet, I'd love to see pups...and maybe even get ahold of one! My wife is loving their looks.

Brian, I love your dogs. He's a cool looking amstaff, and you are right...dogs need to find their place in the social hierarchy. They need that to find purpose.

Thanks Mike, your right, most people don't realize you need to work with your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftBrainTrust View Post
    Thanks Mike, your right, most people don't realize you need to work with your dog.
    Ya, I have a bunch of neighbors who never walk/exercise/work their dog and always say how their dog is crazy or hard to control. That is because they have so much pent up energy with no focus and rules to abide by. I find the more I work my dog the more behaved and happy she appears. Anyway, did you rescue your amstaff? Also how old is he.

Quote Originally Posted by rutmi01 View Post
    Ya, I have a bunch of neighbors who never walk/exercise/work their dog and always say how their dog is crazy or hard to control. That is because they have so much pent up energy with no focus and rules to abide by. I find the more I work my dog the more behaved and happy she appears. Anyway, did you rescue your amstaff? Also how old is he.
    I agree, a tired dog is a good dog. Buddy is a pound dog. He is 2 years old now. I work with him all the time and he is a great dog. It is funny, if I'm out of town, he patrols the house to watch over my wife.

Mike is your dog a pound dog?

I agree, a tired dog is a good dog. Buddy is a pound dog. He is 2 years old now. I work with him all the time and he is a great dog. It is funny, if I'm out of town, he patrols the house to watch over my wife.
    That's my problem. When I'm home he's a great dog, but when I leave he does whatever he wants because he asserts himself as the top of the hierarchy when I'm gone. Momma won't tell him no to anything, so he walks all over her.

Mike is your dog a pound dog?

Our current dog is a pure bread lab. Before her, we had two Pit Bulls, and started my dog owning experience with a Norwegian Elkhound/Lab/Australian Sheppard. All rescues, and each one was a great companion. A few months ago we decided to get another dog and it will be a rescue. The timetable is looking like six months to a year. Helping people and animals out is a powerful thing....hard to describe....but intrinsically pleasing.

Hey Mr. Night, I hope things are getting better in your neck of the woods.

at the request of pepper, my crazy ass dog out at the farm...

momma's uncle's lady lab and gus at the farm...

Blog Entries

Blake, that is just awesome!

What a personality!
    "The surest sign of wonder is exaggeration" Gaston Bachelard

that picture is awesome blake! it'd make a great motivational poster with the right caption.

thats what i was thinking....

lol!!!

"oh no! the llamas are coming!!"

"it's....so....beautiful"

That could be my worst nightmare Blake!....but I'm laughin!

BTW those labs look great....especially that big yeller. His head is huge!

Jeremy, the renegade cat is one adrenaline-junky-lookin feline....but cool.
    Last edited by rutmi01; 01-26-2010 at 08:36 PM.

zuko

gunner

Nice dogs Pittsteele. Gunner looks like a stuffed animal. I bet the ladies love him.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information