Thread: Bahco Laplander VS Silky (comparison )

Bahco Laplander VS Silky (comparison )

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just came across this comparison review of the Bahco Laplander VS Silky
    in Outdoors-Magazine.com
    http://www.oldjimbo.com/Outdoors-Mag...ky-Oyakata.pdf

I'll stick with my Silky 210, thank you. It's never failed me and, because it cuts on the pull stroke, it has less chance of the blade bending.

I used both saws on the same branch trying to use about the same length and pressure per stroke. The Lapland took 32 strokes and the Silky took 27 strokes. The Lapland was maybe a little easier to work but both were a piece of cake and both saws rate high in my book. The Lapland is lighter to carry. I have the Silky 210 as well.

I have to admit that I don't have the Lapland, and have never used it, so I can't make a comparison. I have heard that they are good saws. It's just that the Silky has worked so well for me that I'm not even thinking about replacing it. If I manage to wear it out in a few years, I might take a look at the Bahco Laplander, too.

I never heard of the Silky, I have 1 kershaw and 2 bahco's, I have to look into it.

Those are the best two that I have tried and i think I have tried just about all of them. I would be happy with either but both is better yet.

In a local workshop (here in Sweden) I bought another version of the Laplander. It has black and orange handle and japanese sawtooth, and it saws with pulling strokes. Itīs more intended for green wood, for gardening work. And I can switch between the sawblades from my green Laplander and orange version. I really like the orange colour, if you drop it on the forestfloor itīs more likely that you will find it.
    But I managed to break tip on the japanese blade, it seems a bit more fragile.

I have both and prefer the Silky Super Accel 210. On trail clearing projects I've loaned them both to about half a dozen friends. So far all have preferred the Silky---some by a large margin, some by only a slim margin. I think the Bahco is a very good saw and it would definitely be one of my top choices.

DancesWithKnives

Thread Information