Thread: Need an H&R Topper JR manual, anyone know?

Need an H&R Topper JR manual, anyone know?

ADVERTISEMENT
    The gun is: H&R Topper JR. model 490 20 Gauge, I feel the obsessive urge to do a very thorough cleaning, but cant find a manual or guide online. be a great help if anyone knows any places to look (yes, i tried google..) For any that don't know, it is a youth-sized single shot break open shotgun, and operates rather nice for a great price. thanks!

You didn't look very hard. I found it in 30 seconds.

http://www.hr1871.com/documents/manu...GUN_MANUAL.pdf

I realize that the manual is for the Pardner, but it's the same action. It hasn't changed since it was first designed.

I would NOT recommend that you disassemble the action. Get a can of Gun Scrubber and hose it out. Then spray some good lube like BreakFree and blast the excess out with an air hose.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
    “There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey.”

Not sure about modern H&R's but mine differs from the parder in some minor ways. still, that guide will be helpfull. thanks.

Unless you've got some SERIOUS gunk going on in there, I'd also recommend against try to take those apart. I love'em, but they're just not designed for field stripping in any way. They're simple enough in design that I think UffDa's suggestion would work just fine.

If you decide you just have to do it, this page is for a trigger job and he shows how to disassemble/reassemble in the process. It's for a Handi-Rifle, but the your action's got to be very nearly the same:

Good luck
    "...I know where we’ve come from — I carry a key with me and I don’t forget. I know where we’re going, too — I’ve dropped blood to this Earth, not much different than mine, and seen it rise from the grass again."

-Dean Torges
    "Hunting the Osage Bow"

thanks for the info, i think i will take your advice and not take this thing completely apart.

Thread Information