Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ESEE RAT Arrowheads, ideas...

ADVERTISEMENT
    So many people seem to be devoid of ideas for the ESEE Arrowhead...I figured I would Romero this thread.

I was thinking of making an atlatl, could be a good dart tip. Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rearic View Post
    So many people seem to be devoid of ideas for the ESEE Arrowhead...I figured I would Romero this thread.
    Heya Don.

Well I got mine in the mail this last friday, my girlfriend got laughed when she saw my face.

See over the last few months I've been making things to either chop , smash , impale various items in our backyard when we go for a smoke. For instance I installed my CS Bushman on a long stick and either throw it into the grass over and over or into a pallet we painted a target on.
    So I told her 'im ordering this arrowhead so I can lash it onto a stick and throw it at things' she rolled her eyes... boys will be boys.
    When I opened the little box I guess I had a deflated look on my face because for some reason I thought it was going to be about 4 times as big as it is.
    She laughed , I frowned.

The more I look at it the more I realize how useful it will be in the future.

It is a little hard to lash it onto something that is not relatively the same size , I tried putting it onto a length of dowel but it didnt turn out good.
    Also I think I've found a use for all the inner strands of para-cord I saved because those make excellent lashing material for these ESEE arrowheads.

Anyways ,
    Excellent idea , good looking little piece of kit.

Going to make a little sheath for it so it wont get dinged up in my BOB.

Tostig

Tostig,

I just sent you an E-mail through the BFC system, check your spam filter and shoot me an E-mail back.

Don

The AH-1 is a great item to keep in your bag. very versatile ESEE item

For me it is a little gimick, but, I think it is good to keep in a small kit just in case. Pretty much everything I keep in my kits are "just in case" type stuff. Not something I use everyday, but there in case of emergency.

Anyone know what the weight of these arrowheads are? I've made a few from metal and even knapped a few fro traditional archery. I'm just wondering if these are close enough in weight to be used for arrow heads.

BTW traditional guys make neck knives out of arrowheads and I think this little head would be perfect for that.

Version two should have a 3 to 1 mechanical advantage to be perfect for a traditional arrowhead.

Anyone on here with an AH1 and a scale?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information