Thread: Chambriard knife made in Thiers by Coutellerie Chambriard

Chambriard knife made in Thiers by Coutellerie Chambriard

ADVERTISEMENT
    Does anyone have any experience with these? I love the lines and classic styling of these. How is the fit and finish?

I do not have that specific model, but I do have one of their knives and the fit and finish are very good. The blade is centered and there are no gaps in the scales. It came sharp and the blade does not hit the backspring when closed.

It is worth the money that I paid for it.

Mr. Dagon has a review of it on youtube

I'll check that out, thanks.

Hello Manowar,

It's a lovely slipjoint made to a good standard yet reasonably priced (well, in Europe that is: Americans suffer from the euro/dollar exchange ratio). I have one with Juniper handles which are not only pretty but even SMELL like pepper.
    The amourette (snakewood) version you show is splendid as well of course.
    Anyway, if you want to see it in the hand, I made a little review clip about it, in fact it was one of my very first (and probably awfully amateuristic) review clips, check out clip 2 on this page.

I've started having a "finer" appreciation of these knives.

Very classy lines and looks very comfortable to use as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    Hello Manowar,

It's a lovely slipjoint made to a good standard yet reasonably priced (well, in Europe that is: Americans suffer from the euro/dollar exchange ratio). I have one with Juniper handles which are not only pretty but even SMELL like pepper.
    The amourette (snakewood) version you show is splendid as well of course.
    Anyway, if you want to see it in the hand, I made a little review clip about it, in fact it was one of my very first (and probably awfully amateuristic) review clips, check out clip 2 on this page.
    Brilliant reviews mate! I must say, I owe it all to you for pointing me in the direction of those Chambriard's

Quote Originally Posted by untamed View Post
    I've started having a "finer" appreciation of these knives.

Very classy lines and looks very comfortable to use as well.
    After looking at the various William Henry knives, my tastes have changed 180 degrees and I stopped buying "tactical (for want of a better word)" knives.

EDIT: Dagon, you need more Italian knives in ebony
    Last edited by Herr_Noobien; 12-21-2009 at 06:51 AM.

DIT: Dagon, you need more Italian knives in ebony
    Well, meanwhile I have a Maserin Gourmet in ebony. It's the first knife I bought two of, to have a different handle material. My first Gourmet was in olive wood, and I discussed it together with the Chambriard. I must say that the ebony Gourmet looks even better than the olive wood one.
    In general for Italian knives I have a soft spot for olive wood as it fits the regional theme, or for horn tip - which is a nice historical material.

I bought this one a few years ago .... it is one of my favorite knives. The stag scales and the overall fit /finish is perfect. There's a few more shots in my photo album.

Dagon,
    Great video review. I laughed a few times...."you can eat with this knife without looking like a clown (I pictured someone with a Strider AR spreading cheese on a bagel)"...."this knife won't save the world from alien attack".

Are there any sources that anyone knows of, other than worldknives? I don't have anything against them, I'm just looking for what is available in stock.

T
    Are there any sources that anyone knows of, other than worldknives? I don't have anything against them, I'm just looking for what is available in stock.
    The french webstore Couteaux Berthier have a good reputation and they ship internationally.
    Start browsing this page for the Chambriards, and then become distracted by the other lovely french knives on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JPD1998 View Post
    I bought this one a few years ago .... it is one of my favorite knives. The stag scales and the overall fit /finish is perfect.
    I have the same knife, and it's a lovely piece. I use it as my Sunday-go-to-church knife. It's also handy as a steak knife when going out to eat, and it doesn't turn too many heads.

The back-springs are really strong, and make it much more secure than your average slip-joint. It's the only non-locking knife I regularly carry.

I found my on ebay a few years back, sold by worldknives I believe.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Dorn View Post
    I have the same knife, and it's a lovely piece. I use it as my Sunday-go-to-church knife. It's also handy as a steak knife when going out to eat, and it doesn't turn too many heads.

The back-springs are really strong, and make it much more secure than your average slip-joint. It's the only non-locking knife I regularly carry.

I found my on ebay a few years back, sold by worldknives I believe.

Daniel
    I bought my knife on Ebay too...the dealer was located in Canada. I tried to track them down last year, but I couldn't find their site. I thought it was "Laguiole Elite", but they don't carry pocket knives ( only tableware).

I agree, it's definitely one of the most secure slip-joints I ever handled.

Thumbs up

World Knives in WA has a pretty good selection and they have a website.

Pics of mine

Yours looks splendid indeed. A lovely design, which I like as much as the better known laguiole style knives. And Chambriard offers good quality for money.

Thread Information