Thread: Buck Nighthawk Sheath

Buck Nighthawk Sheath

ADVERTISEMENT
    I just bought a buck nighthawk. Love the knife but not the sheath. does anyone know if any of buck's leather sheaths for any of their other knives might fit the nighthawk? I was thinking the sheath for the general might fit if I ccould find one. If not, does anyone know of an aftermarket that would fit?

My nighthawk 650 won't fit in my 120 leather sheath.. Too thick.

If you know exactly how many knives and guns you have, then you don't have enough!

BCCI Life, NRA Life Endowment, TSRA Life Benefactor

Which nighthawk? I have four models of the nighthawk series and a couple of generals to test the sheath for you.

It's the standard nighthawk with 6.5 non serrated blade, not the shortie or the new one with tanto style bladeThanks.

I also don't care for the nighthawk's sheath but I love the knife. It has the same problem that my 119 sheath has, it rattles and doesn't feel secure.
    A repeat of history would mostly not be a good thing.

I had one made for my Nighthawk in California in the mid 1990's. I gave that sheath to CJ Buck. SOME of the gun kydex sheath makers will do a custom knife sheath. I know it can be done.
    Now in days you can purchase the kydex and make one yourself........Just another idea.

120 sheath is a no fit. The nighthawk is a lot thicker blade both ways. The 120 blade is almost an inch longer also.

Anyone know of anybody that will make a sheath for it reasonably? How many still use the sheath that came with it?

Quote Originally Posted by winchester73 View Post
    Anyone know of anybody that will make a sheath for it reasonably? How many still use the sheath that came with it?
    I still use the sheath that came with it, but that's because there's no cheap alternative and I'm broke. I may be learning how to make sheaths soon.
    A repeat of history would mostly not be a good thing.

If you want a "tactical" style sheath you could buy a Spec-Ops combat sheath or just have a kydex heath made. Both would almost cost more than the Nighthawk. FWIW, I gave a Nighthawk to a friend when we both deployed to Iraq the 1st time in 2003 He blacked out the Buck logo on the sheath with a sharpie and carried it in the factory sheath until we came home in 2005. It at least stayed together and did'nt fall apart.

Thread Information