Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Saddleback Leather: Wallets

ADVERTISEMENT
    Received the wallets today and am very impressed with the quality. Loaded one up with everything I normally carry to see how it's going to work out.

Just got my first, and definitely not my last, Saddleback today.....put my cards and stuff in before even taking a pic. So far, I have about 6 cards, truck insurance, plus two IDs. I don't usually carry cash but I plan on putting in a couple of bills to get back in the habit of having it on hand. The ID wallet didn't come too stiff, as I've read in other posts, so I guess that would explain my being able to put my cards in the way that I did. I've already set my sights on getting two dark coffee brown medium bifolds, one for me and the other for my dad for Father's day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A man who is "of sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery
    Veritas Aequitas --honor and truth in actions and justice, regardless of the circumstances.
    Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...

Quote Originally Posted by markksr View Post
    My post from 9-4-2010 on page 1 of this thread...

Over 2.5 years later, my feelings about this wallet

Good job Saddleback Leather!
    Wow! Your wallet almost looks black now. Did you put any conditioner or anything on it or is that natural wear?

Quote Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
    Wow! Your wallet almost looks black now. Did you put any conditioner or anything on it or is that natural wear?
    Some Galco Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, some natural darkening, but some is just the light in the photo.

I purchased the ID wallet several months ago in Coffee Brown and have carried it everyday since, I love it. I also use a Medium Classic Brief case for work what an awesome bag!!

Had a large bifold, and almost immediately went down to a medium. I've broken two cards (from the same bank) in the same pocket in the last two years.

Other than my wallet not liking that card and/or bank, it's a handsome, well made piece.

Although I don't carry the medium bifold wallet I think the "new" design of the medium bifold wallet included pigskin in center of the wallet while the leather credit card slots were constructed of thinner leather?

Quote Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
    Although I don't carry the medium bifold wallet I think the "new" design of the medium bifold wallet included pigskin in center of the wallet while the leather credit card slots were constructed of thinner leather?
    However, the wallet in the above picture looks like it has pigskin in the center.

@Qeth: Please contact SBL with this input, and they'll advise you. They had newer versions of the bi-fold that did not break cards (and I have used it for quiet a while).

Thanks for the input, gents. I'll contact sbl and see what they say.

Just placed my order...going to try a small bi-fold in dark coffee!!

Cheers,

Chris D.

Had my medium bifold about a month now. Sure hope that sucker 'molds' to be a bit more thinner. Geez. I think my rear end is bruised from sitting on the thick wallet.
    Support your local 'right to keep and bear arms' organization

www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
    Had my medium bifold about a month now. Sure hope that sucker 'molds' to be a bit more thinner. Geez. I think my rear end is bruised from sitting on the thick wallet.
    It definitely should, mine thinned down quite a bit from when I first got it.

Here's a couple pictures of mine from the other day, been using it every day for about 2 years now:

Is your wallet tobacco?

Sure is

It looks awesome! I've always been a fan of how tobacco ages!! Good looking piece of leather you've there CCMI!

Picked up a medium bifold. Starting to out grow my ID Wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Qeth View Post
    Had a large bifold, and almost immediately went down to a medium. I've broken two cards (from the same bank) in the same pocket in the last two years.

Other than my wallet not liking that card and/or bank, it's a handsome, well made piece.

I think I've got it figured out. The new wallets seem to have eliminated the cards breaking. The difference between the new and improved is that all the credit card pockets are curved (like the bottom credit card slots on both sides of the wallet). Also, the pig skin in the center of the wallet also appears to be thinner. I'm convinced the credit card breaking days are over! See the picture of my medium bifold wallet for comparison.

To all you bifold owners......what's the key for the wallet folding properly once broken in? I've noticed mine is trying to fold crooked. Hope this makes since.

Mine folds slightly crooked too, not a big deal IMO. I guess my ass doesn't exert even pressure on it when I sit.

to member "CCMI" - how thick is your medium bi-fold now?
    Support your local 'right to keep and bear arms' organization

www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information