Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2358

Thread: Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

ADVERTISEMENT
    The lighter color gives the bone a "lively" look! Nice knife!
    A 2014 Stag BF Jack in everyone's pocket!

What could be better?

3. Ken, I like this one a LOT. Great pattern, great choice of shield for the pattern and beautiful color dye and jigged bone. I hope you plan on using that dye and jig pattern again.

Quote Originally Posted by ken erickson View Post
    Here is another swayback going to Blade Show. This one is on the opposite end of the spectrum of the Micarta swayback. Bolsters, shield, my jigged bone. The bone on this one is a bit lighter and with more variations in color. 3 5/8 inch, 154Cm.

Looks great, as usual-the coloring of the bone looks great!!!
    ***Tony***

Ken....when are you going to start posting all of your Blade knives????????

I should have nudged you a bit earlier in the year to get started on that lockback! I don't want that stag to go to waste
    Campbell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cnas122 View Post
    Ken....when are you going to start posting all of your Blade knives????????

I should have nudged you a bit earlier in the year to get started on that lockback! I don't want that stag to go to waste
    Campbell,

I will be posting a few now and then in this thread, then a group picture as I get closer.

PM sent,
    http://www.iknifecollector.com/profile/KenErickson

I finally had highspeed internet service installed which requires a email change. Please note my new email address is
    kenericksonknives@att.net

Blog Entries
    I had a chance to rescale the horseman's knife in some stag that I like much better. I started to refine and finish the parts, I am going to be hand sanding for a week on this thing. There are just a ton of parts and surfaces that have to be finished, much respect given to the men, women and children that worked in the finishing departments when these knives were being made in quantity.

I finally had highspeed internet service installed which requires a email change. Please note my new email address is

Hey Ken,

These scales really do that knife justice, there fabulous! When I think about all the work necessary to finish this piece I get tired and my

fingers are aching in sympathy. This is a tour de force of your knife making skills, great talent combined with a passion for your work.

Looking forward to our next project...

Jeff
    "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates" Tacitus

Just too cool Ken. I would really like to see both edges of this knife. The fleam tucks into the stag? No spring...I guess? Uhhhh.....what's next on your list of impossibilities? Put this one under glass at Blade. Congratulations.

John Lloyd

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kind words guys! I will post a full set of pictures when I finish it up this week. Should be around Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by John L View Post
    Just too cool Ken. I would really like to see both edges of this knife. The fleam tucks into the stag? No spring...I guess? Uhhhh.....what's next on your list of impossibilities? Put this one under glass at Blade. Congratulations.

John Lloyd
    John,

Ken should make a couple of these for Blade, you know since he will be ready after hand sanding this one......

Ken, the knife is looking great. -

TA

Germany 1950's..... 100 blade knife........

Todd Davison

12. Beautiful work, Ken!

Here's a photo of Ken hand sanding the blades on his next WIP.

Beautiful horseman's knife Ken. The new stag looks fantastic.
    Rust Never Sleeps s-k

Ken, this knife is incredible. So many details to get just right must take a long time. My hat is off to you.
    Please visit my website at http://brucebumpknives.com click on my Knifedogs personal forum at:http://knifedogs.com/forumdisplay.ph...ce-Bump-Knives for hours and hours of tutorials on Knives and Cut N Shoot combinations

Blog Entries
    Todd and Jake,

I get dizzy just thinking about building those exhibition pieces. I can only imagine the skill, dedication and time that it took to put them together.

Bruce,

Thanks for the kind words. Means a lot coming from a man that builds the intricate, complicated cut and shoot pieces that you do.

I normally try and stay out of the shop on Sundays but just had to go out and play with my new micro lathe. My intentions is to make a desk top fitted display case for the horseman's knife and thought it would be neat to include a oil bottle. I machined this in a few hours today, totally out of bar stock. The bottom/base is retained and sealed by a 11/16 dia. o-ring. Base and body are brass, with a tapered stainless steel stopper capped with Mammoth ivory. The stopper can be used to pin point a drop of oil at the joints. A fun Sunday afternoon project.

Ain't CREATIVITY great! These are the things that bring life to a project like this, that added touch, that truly raises the

bar to the exceptional! Terrific work, fine execution, adding another layer of complexity to a wonderful "pocket knife"!

Keep them comin', Ken
    "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates" Tacitus

Mr. Erickson,

I think this one is turning out to be incredible.

I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    Here is a peanut just finished up(not available) that is based on a Remington peanut. The Remington features a sabre ground master and square bolster. I made my knife with a few minor changes, a sweeping cut swedge compared to the very square cut Remington, an extension spring for the pen blade and just a tad fuller blades and frame compared to the Remington. This knife is 2 7/8 closed featuring CPM154cm blades and springs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin View Post
    Now there's a peanut! Awesome Ken!

Thanks Gary! I have resisted building a peanut until this knife came up. It is so easy to mess up the proportions on these little knives. When I was presented with the Remington I knew it was one I was interested in building. I was also asked in the spirit of keeping the cost down if I would build it as a single blade. I am really glad I was able to work things out and was given the go-ahead to build it as a multi-blade as the original Remington.

Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread Information