Page 70 of 114 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2270

Thread: Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues View Post
    Well, I guess I'll have to talk to Ken later whenever he gets back from the shop or town...but the Michigan Pen "Cub" showed up today and the little tyke is a keeper...

Thank you, Ken. This one's already in pocket and ready to work.
    Nice one Elliot! The swedging on this one is nasty! (In a very good way).

Quote Originally Posted by ken erickson View Post
    Would you prefer the lock at this location or toward the rear? Without getting too technical the neat thing about the front/mid lock is that the blade cannot be pushed further into the well and bottom out on the backspring/spacer. This allows an even fuller blade profile than otherwise would be possible without fear of denting the sharpened edge.
    The midlock works for me, especially with the benefits you mentioned.

Well, I guess I'll have to talk to Ken later whenever he gets back from the shop or town...but the Michigan Pen "Cub" showed up today and the little tyke is a keeper...

I really love that micarta! almost reminds me of some ivory you see used, Ken did wonders with that one.

Thanks, Robert and all the rest of you for the good words. The knife really disappears in your pocket yet has a substantial blade. It's kind of an enigma wrapped inside a conundrum.
    FAQ RulesMembership Subscription Options Update Your User Group

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

6. Woo hoo! Way to go, Ken!

Congrats, Ken. Studying old knives and your attention to details paid off.

In the cypress swamps of the great peninsula, USA
    Congratulations Ken!. I'm with Kerry, all your research and diligent hard work is paying dividends with the proper recognition you deserve.

Best,
    Anthony

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KnifeHead View Post
    Congrats, Ken. Studying old knives and your attention to details paid off.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd View Post
    Congratulations Ken!. I'm with Kerry, all your research and diligent hard work is paying dividends with the proper recognition you deserve.

Best,
    Anthony
    Thanks guys! Not only for the congrats but your willingness to contribute to this forum. I have learned a great deal from both your past posts here in the traditional sub-forum.
    http://www.iknifecollector.com/profile/KenErickson

I finally had highspeed internet service installed which requires a email change. Please note my new email address is
    kenericksonknives@att.net

Very nice!! That material makes for an aesthetically pleasing piece, as does the subtle tribute to a great old American factory, the Empire shield!
    Nice knife, Elliott; nicely done, Ken!!

A 2014 Stag BF Jack in everyone's pocket!

What could be better?

One leg up on Gus' short bus in Bastidville.
    I was fortunate to see a few knives by Ken hafted in that stunning Micarta (never thought I would write or say that ), although I am not a big fan of synthetic handle materials on traditional knives, that particular micarta on a traditional looks even better in person.

Fantastic stuff, the grain on it is both beautiful and the material itself highly functional and stable as well as eye catching. The pictures are just a hint of how great it looks.
    "There is no further education to be gained by the second kick of a mule".

Please read the Forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastid View Post
    I was fortunate to see a few knives by Ken hafted in that stunning Micarta (never thought I would write or say that ), although I am not a big fan of synthetic handle materials on traditional knives, that particular micarta on a traditional looks even better in person.

Fantastic stuff, the grain on it is both beautiful and the material itself highly functional and stable as well as eye catching. The pictures are just a hint of how great it looks.
    I know what you mean about that Micarta Gus!

I was pretty restless during the weekend of the Blade show, 3000 miles away!!.
    Had trouble sleeping, knowing I was missing great things unfolding (pun intended!). I had an fitful but interesting dream, that I flew through the air to Atlanta, and landed (hovered actually)in front of Ken's table, but there were no knives - only huge bunches of flowers with congratulations written on them. Sheesh!
    Not what you would expect!! Then Ken parted the bunches and said "sorry you can't be here, Charlie!! Here have a Daffy-dill!!
    I grabbed the flower and shot up into the stratosphere, and woke up on the floor next to my bed!
    End of dream, for a while anyway. So I'm making the bed today and my bare toe touches a black knife pouch under the edge. I pick it up, and think "I gotta keep better track of my knives!" "Yeah, you should" says the missus from her side of the quilt.
    I unzip it and WHOA! It aint no yeller Daffy-dill!
    She walks around and looks: "I haven't seen that one before! Humpf!! It sure ain't a Daffodil! Kinda purty though" at which point she snatches it, and holds it up next to some Southwest Native jewelry that we collect. "Colors are complementary! It's got that certain something that stirs the endorphins! Nice shape, and super handles!
    Don't tell me what you paid for it!! It might spoil it for me!"
    "I was worth it hon, Honest", I say!
    At least I hope I paid for it??????
    Thanks Ken, for bringing me to the show in spirit! And for taking a lovely old Remington Pattern just a little higher!

This knife is indeed the one to convert an old "natural materials" guy to manmade material. It's not trying to be something it isn't. It just is pleasant to hold and look at.
    Credit goes to un-named Remington cutlers who inspired Ken with their design, and of course to Ken for his wonderful interpretation. A knife anyone would be proud to carry and use.
    Off the scanner, and into my pocket!

What could be better?

Beautiful addition to the family, Charlie.
    FAQ RulesMembership Subscription Options Update Your User Group

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

Ah! Thanks Elliott! You know from where I speak - in more ways than one!
    I suspect you may have had an out of body experience of your own!

Missing Blade and all . . . . . . .

What could be better?

Wow, that is nice Charlie and the Micarta is exceptional but also resembles well aged elephant ivory. (far more than ivory celluloid). Yep, stunning Elephant Micarta, suits this elegant knife perfectly. You dream well.
    I may have something to post here too, but not yet.
    roland

Mighty fine knife, Charlie. Another stunner from Ken.

Thanks for the appreciation, Roland and Wayne!
    You of course both have exceptional taste in knives!

What could be better?

Glad I got to see that knife in person Charlie, and good for you for nabbing it before the show. As usual, a great job by Ken.

Blog Entries
    Glad you received the knife in good shape Charlie!

Thanks for the kind comments guys!
    http://www.iknifecollector.com/profile/KenErickson

I finally had highspeed internet service installed which requires a email change. Please note my new email address is
    kenericksonknives@att.net

Charlie, it was a treat to get to coon-finger that one at the show. When Ken told me it was yours, I told him it had your name written all over it. Congratulations!

- Joe
    "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

Page 70 of 114 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Thread Information