Thread: Mora sheath questin

Question Mora sheath questin

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hi All,

I just got a Mora Clipper in stainless and have a question about the factory sheath. The sheath seems to be a bit loose, if you turn it upside down, the knife will fall out. Is there a way to tighten up the factory sheath?

TIA

Bruceter

Utah grasslands/ Gladstone OR/ Baker city OR
    heat gun it

Moras come with pretty crappy sheaths. If you're willing, custom sheaths are pretty nice for them.

Thanks for the help!
    I think I have an old tube in the garage, I'll give that a try.

Bruceter

Thanks for the tip Blackhills.

Here's a simple mod that if you dont like, you just take it off!

http://www.bushcraftusa.com/forum/sh...ht=mora+sheath

You could glue a 1/2 inch thin strip of leather or innertube to the inside of the sheath to snug it up some.

hi you know if you keep original shealth you can use it to blow air to fire up ambers using like a tube

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceter View Post
    Hi All,

I just got a Mora Clipper in stainless and have a question about the factory sheath. The sheath seems to be a bit loose, if you turn it upside down, the knife will fall out. Is there a way to tighten up the factory sheath?

TIA

Bruceter
    Quote Originally Posted by theamazingdrew View Post
    heat gun it
    That one works well. Heat it right above the guard placement and squeeze (with gloves on). I've done it with a lighter as well in a pinch, though it ain't pretty. Just make sure you shake the bejeesus out of it to test before trying to wear it inverted.

Also, a tight elastic band can be put through the belt loop and slipped over the butt to lock in the valley of the handle. Easy on, easy off.
    Not currently taking orders kiah@kiahdex.com Kiahdex Sheath Systems Forum Hail Eris!
    "Got a little plot of land where authority isn't recognized. Contraband keeping the core of his Hyde Jekyll-ized."

Quote Originally Posted by facablade View Post
    hi you know if you keep original shealth you can use it to blow air to fire up ambers using like a tube
    I've tried that and I can't do it. The loop gags me.
    Not currently taking orders kiah@kiahdex.com Kiahdex Sheath Systems Forum Hail Eris!
    "Got a little plot of land where authority isn't recognized. Contraband keeping the core of his Hyde Jekyll-ized."

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
    Moras come with pretty crappy sheaths. If you're willing, custom sheaths are pretty nice for them.
    for what a Mora costs you, who cares how crappy the sheath is?

to my mind, putting a nice custom sheath on a clipper 860 is like putting a $20,000 stereo system inside a Trabant.

that said, the Clipper 860 is, imho, the best bargain in the wonderful world of shiny, sharp, edged objects.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo. View Post
    to my mind, putting a nice custom sheath on a clipper 860 is like putting a $20,000 stereo system inside a Trabant.
    Not at all. Those who like the Moras and use them a lot sometimes just want a better pair of pants for them to ride in.

Sure they're cheap and ugly, but we still love 'em enough to not wanna lose 'em.

Ain't it pretty?

oooh, ok. i'm sold. yes, it's very pretty.

i'd hope it would probably last through a few 860s.

how much and where do i get one of those from? it'd probably last me a couple of 860's (i have one as a "loan-blade". the poor thing gets abused more than it deserves)

oooh, ok. i'm sold. yes, it's very pretty.

i'd hope it would probably last through a few 860s.

how much and where do i get one of those from? it'd probably last me a couple of 860's (i have one as a "loan-blade". the poor thing gets abused more than it deserves)
    Oh, I meant the knife, just reused an old pic and didn't crop.

Though I'll admit the sheath is pretty as well if I do say so myself.

If you wanna shoot me an email, I'll send you the details if you want one or just ask in my forum.

for what a Mora costs you, who cares how crappy the sheath is?

that said, the Clipper 860 is, imho, the best bargain in the wonderful world of shiny, sharp, edged objects.
    It's not only the looks of the original sheath, but the safe retaining of the knife as well. For the most part, those factory sheaths don't do a great job there either...

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade61 View Post
    It's not only the looks of the original sheath, but the safe retaining of the knife as well. For the most part, those factory sheaths don't do a great job there either...
    Exactly.

With the sheaths like Kiah and I make, you can even suspend the knife upside down if you want...

Marion

Thread Information