Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: All about Bucklites and Selector's ...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Yes, the handle you describe is 2nd generation Bucklite those came out in 89. Many models recieved this 'Workman' stamp on their blades. These were originally a series of themselves for hardware stores but they didn't go over well and that wording was dropped. I have one like the one you mention with a 1993 date stamp on it. Some others were the 811, 812, 813, 112, 501, 300's, ect.. I don't think we concretely know what the one dot means on your model. DM

Thanks David! I was wondering if I remember it correctly as I haven't seen it in a while, but still have it some where NIB. On-line search showed some of the model you mentioned, but not a 422. I'm not a big fan of the 2nd Gen handles. I'm a long time fan of the 110, and had a really nice old 112 (that is on the bottom of a canal since 1980-ish? I can still feel that moment in time) but haven't really sought them out to collect. Just bought a new sheath from Buck for my 4 dot 110 and 3 line 102, along w/ 6 close-out partially serrated new Bucklites, bought a 110 auto conversion, and re-discovered my 422 that is just very cool. I really enjoyed this thread... Thanks to all who posted! Now I want a 560... never had one

I don't care much for the second Generation Bucklites... I like the two piece handles better... They look more like 112s (422s), 110s (426s) and 501s (424s) and work just as good...

2nd Gen... I have never seen this color until I got this one...

I prefer the 2nd generation Bucklites over the 1st because they are lighter and have a lanyard hole (a very useful feature) and both have blades of 425M . A nice single dash model. DM

Quote Originally Posted by David Martin View Post
    I prefer the 2nd generation Bucklites over the 1st because they are lighter and have a lanyard hole (a very useful feature) and both have blades of 425M . A nice single dash model. DM
    Thanks David, you know, that's the only thing I like about the second Generation Bucklites is the lanyard hole... I don't know why... I never use it... It just looks cool... They are lighter but fill cheaper to me... But, it's a good thing we all like different things... I do buy them when I find them... I need quite a few more of them for my Bucklite Collection... ... ITE ...

Here's a cool one... The Florida Gators... ITE ...

Anymore different ones out there???

A 422 dot! Great... DM

A 422 dot! Great... DM
    Thanks David... ITE ...

Here's a Bucklite Selector... I really like them... ITE...

Selector...

I did not know they made a selector !

Quote Originally Posted by bucksway View Post
    I did not know they made a selector !
    Bucksway, there just part of the Bucklite family... Same size as the 426/110...

I don't know what it was with those Selector molds but some handles bear the name oriented right side up whereas as others have it up side down like the one above.? DM

I don't know what it was with those Selector molds but some handles bear the name oriented right side up whereas as others have it up side down like the one above.? DM
    David, here's a some pics of what your talking about... I like odd ball stuff like that... ITE ...

Selectors...

422 Paradox...

426 Oreo...

ITE I have a black and orange handle Selector like the bottom orange one you have posted, plus I have a two bladed black handle one that is like that also. All three of them you read with the spine down. HL

Quote Originally Posted by I4Bucks View Post
    ITE I have a black and orange handle Selector like the bottom orange one you have posted, plus I have a two bladed black handle one that is like that also. All three of them you read with the spine down. HL
    I4Bucks, that's cool... I only have the orange one that you read with the spine down... It must be the older ones that read that way... I don't have a two blade Selector yet... I need to get one... ITE ...

I smell another trade coming. I have a black handle read up and one down, a orange up and a olive down. ?? DM

I smell another trade coming. I have a black handle read up and one down, a orange up and a olive down. ?? DM
    David, are yours two bladed or one... And it's all about what you want... I'm looking for the two bladed one... ITE ...

Here's a Green Camo and Grey 426... and 3 Selectors... ITE ...

426s...

David M, so does yours have two blades or one??? ...

So does any one have any more pics of there Bucklites ??? Thnaks ... ITE

We settled into the stand about an hour before light, with bow in hand, my brother was ready to bag his first deer with a bow. We had been planning on this hunt for quite some time, but we hadn't planned on the temperature drop. It didn't take long for us to realize that we were dress a little light, but not wanting to miss the chance on a good deer we sat still and quiet. The night before I laid my hunting equipment out and went over everything I would need. My Dad used to archery hunt a lot, and when he'd go out, he'd have his 422 on his hip, ready for use. I decided to take mine for this mornings hunt, just to keep up a little of his tradition.

We sat there in the dark, till finally the morning broke. It became alive with all variety of small game, but no sign of the true quarry. Time passed us by and it was almost two hours after first light. We we bored and a bit chilled, besides the fact that we had been tortured by small game ripe for the hunting. We climbed out of the stand disappointed with the lack of big game action, we headed home and discussed the mornings events. As we walked home, we decided to stop by our grandfather's place and see how he was doing, we stopped in hoping to kill some time before heading home. Our Mom had a tough day at work and needed some extra sleep before starting her day off. Our grandfather was happy for the visit and the report on the farms small game herd. Then he looked at us and said, "you know you don't have to go home, right"? we looked at each other and knew that meant some small game hunting was in order. He loaned us a couple old guns, one being a 410, 22 over and under combo.
    And with the show of small game, we knew that we could have some real fun.

Making our way back to the hollow, we stopped to listen and load. We decided my brother would be the shooter for the day, and that didnít bother me at all. I tried to kick up a few rabbits for him, but I didnít have any luck. Then we headed for the olí oaks. We leaned up against one of the old old giants and waited, but nothing showed. Now with this lack of action we figured our hunt was over, so we headed for home through the oak hollow. As we slowly walked along ours eyes were fixed on the branches overhead. Finally, I caught sight of a squirrel making itís way to the end of a branch to sun himself. He laid out on the branch about forty yards out, but as soon as we tried to sneak closer he looked up and froze, we new he would be there long. My brother set the rifle on my shoulder and steadied himself, then, the 22 cracked. I was a bit surprised the squirrel actually fell.... my brother wasnít the best with iron sights.

I was ready for deer, so when the squirrel was in hand I was a bit disappointed I didnít have a slipjoint on me for the job. I found a little bit of scrub to lean against and started the chore, the 422 didnít disappoint and it showed me it could handle every season. And I trusted it on the trout streams a few times after that, and it was a great friend in the deer woods too, it also goes on every turkey escapade as well. It just feels like itís jotting down each story after every hunt in the fields.

Itíll do.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information