Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

ADVERTISEMENT

The pictures were taken in Zemplén Mountains in Hungary

Trice,

Baldtaco - How's the fishing in that stream?
    Die Entropie der Welt strebt einem Maximum zu - R.J.E. Clausius

lambertiana, hey

Haven't figured that out yet. That section is still haline and I haven't fished it. I've fished the mouth where it exits at the harbor a few times now. I can expect plagues of bait robbing pout whiting, I'm after plaice, and if I'm lucky I'll take a sole. There's the odd bass there but I've not pulled out anything bigger than a little schoolie. Mackeral season is about to kick in so everyone and his brother who can cast a set of feathers will be there, so I wont be. I followed along up river wondering how far I would have to go before the fresh water section kicked in but I didn't get that far. I figure there's probably a few flounders in that bit but nothing thrilling. I started to come across a bunch of signs after a few miles saying the fishing was private and I could apply for a day license so I figure I'm getting near the fresh water. I'm going to go back for an explore sometime.

I've been at a show since last Thursday, below are a few snaps. Mods, if this is way outside scope of this thread just delete them. At nearly 03.00 I'm close to pointing the toes up for a bit.

Baldtaco - You can send one of those lambsfoot knives my way!
    Die Entropie der Welt strebt einem Maximum zu - R.J.E. Clausius

Johnson Adventure Blades-Potbelly model, by Ka-Bar

I got a couple of these from walmart.

I'll play. Here are some shots of the places we bow hunt in central Ohio.

Here are my two kids on a very early season squirrel hunt (and deer scouting trip). My son and I were hunting and my daughter was observing and taking pictures:

My son killed his first deer close to this tree last fall (from the ground with a vintage Bear K-Mag recurve and wooden arrows he made) and I've called in foxes and turkeys and so forth from within its shadow:

Here's my son, the wookie breaking trail through knee-deep snow for a mid-winter deer hunt:

My daughter took this shot of me during a late season rabbit hunt. That blood on the bottom of my coat is from a rabbit I took the previous week with my Howard Hill Halfbreed longbow. The knife is an old Camilus USMC F/U in a new Ka-Bar sheath:

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread Information