Thread: Cold Steel Rajah 1 V 2

Cold Steel Rajah 1 V 2

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hi guys. I'm looking at jumping into the mega folder market and need some opinions on the Cold Steel Rajah 1 and 2. I live in Australia and will never get to hold either in my hand as knife sellers are few and far between here because of our over the top laws. Anyways, it will be for my own personal defense so any opinions will be very helpfull. Is it worth paying the extra for the 1 if I won't be "showing off" the blade. How will the grivory handle hold up in the 2?
    Regards,
    Chris.

Perfect timing for a Raja 1 because Cold Steel are closing out their Jaja 1s at US$99 I got one and you will not be sorry - in fact my wife swapped it for her Izula and now I have the Izula (Pink!!) But you will have to be quick.

Is that off their website? Cause I can't find a buy it link for the 1. 99 bucks seems like a steal!

Check Cold steel special projects site.

I had to go there via the Cold Steel forum.

I have a Rajah 2 and have been more than satisfied with it, BTW.

Blog Entries
    The site is called ltspecpro dot com, don't really understand why it's separate from the normal Cold Steel site but it has a page called Seconds and Closeouts.
    Good luck.
    "Obama is America's first Affirmative Action president."
    Anonymous

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
    Christopher Hitchens

I have both. The R2 handle is plenty tough, if a bit slick to hold. I think the R2 might be the better option for everyday, no worries type carry.

Cheers guys. Also 1 more quick question if I may - Can the Rajah be opened by a flick of the wrist? If so our limp wristed custom officers will more then likely wrongly classify it as a flick knife.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW1981 View Post
    Cheers guys. Also 1 more quick question if I may - Can the Rajah be opened by a flick of the wrist? If so our limp wristed custom officers will more then likely wrongly classify it as a flick knife.
    Yeah, you can.

You need to have either the seller adjust the pivot or have a friend in the States do it for you.

Just to be safe.

Yeah....

Have someone tighten the pivot screw and it won't move at all with a wrist flick.

It's also the easiest knife to wave open. I bought both versions and never thought I'd use them, but I carry the raja 2 all the time.
    It's a great design.

I just orderd the Rajah 1 for $99. Thanks for the link philwar. I'm looking forard to checking out this beast and at closeout, the price is right!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cziv View Post
    I just orderd the Rajah 1 for $99. Thanks for the link philwar. I'm looking forard to checking out this beast and at closeout, the price is right!
    You're welcome. I bought the Black Rhino there myself, and love it. At those prices you can't really go wrong.
    Anonymous

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
    Christopher Hitchens

The Black Rhino is gone already. I couldn't find it anyway. I have to stay away from that page, Recon-1 for $49!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cziv View Post
    The Black Rhino is gone already. I couldn't find it anyway.
    Hehe, there were a LOT of takers!

I have to stay away from that page, Recon-1 for $49!
    Oh what the hell is another $45 gonna make a difference?

Or wait till the one with the Tri-Ad lock is available...
    Anonymous

Christopher Hitchens

Yeah that Black Rhino is a real looker. I watched nutnfancy's table top review of it after posting earlier. Very nice score.

I'd like to grab a spearpoint Recon-1. I ike the Triad lock way better than their faux axis lock. I don't care for the new squared off handle configurations though, so I'm frozen by indecision.

Best move is no move I guess.

did the rajah 2 make it to australia? if not is there anything i can do to better my odds? cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by elduderino View Post
    did the rajah 2 make it to australia? if not is there anything i can do to better my odds? cheers.
    If you're from Australia do a search on Google local and find out.

Welcome to Blade Forums!

I got one of those Black Rhinos for a steal of a deal. Its been my edc ever since.

I am under the impression that EDCing any blade in Aussieland is a big no,no.

So hope you dont get caught.

That being said,I too own both the R-1 & R-2 and I like and carry the R-2 due to the lighter weight.

I am right now carrying the X2 Voyager and at 6" and a very heavy blade and light handle = its FAST to open.

Just ordered the 7 1/2" bladed Espanada and that will also be a edc blade.

I do get a giggle out of poping that beast open,and yes I only do it in company where its considered normal.

Just showed a friend in a holster shop the speed and use of the R-2 and he was so amazed that he was still talking about it 2 weeks later.

Made a believer out of him as to that silly adage " dont bring a knife to a gun fight ".

He now understands the meaning of DISTANCE in a S/D moment.

Thread Information