Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blade Show Busy-Ness

ADVERTISEMENT
    No runts? These are fantastic Andy. Simply fantastic.
    Someday is today. Make your life count; don't just count the days.
    Proud Supporter of JK knives #2

LOTS of Runts coming to the show. 5 or so, 5 BLJ's, lots of knives.
    Who cares what I just said. Please go learn about SuperBen, he needs the knifemaking community.

Andy, what are the details on the handle material for the bottom Recluse? My sister has a fairly demanding sense of style, and I'm going to get you to make one of your 12 inch machetes for her, using that lovely burnt red micarta. I think that MIGHT just suit her as a last ditch zombie tool! When you start doing the machetes, how should I refer to that micarta? Is it easily available?

A Bow Legged Joe would look pretty sharp in that, too. Hmmmm....

Well good. Runts are awesome. Mine will be done someday and I can stop dreaming of it.
    Someday is today. Make your life count; don't just count the days.
    Proud Supporter of JK knives #2

Quote Originally Posted by chainring View Post
    Andy, what are the details on the handle material for the bottom Recluse? My sister has a fairly demanding sense of style, and I'm going to get you to make one of your 12 inch machetes for her, using that lovely burnt red micarta. I think that MIGHT just suit her as a last ditch zombie tool! When you start doing the machetes, how should I refer to that micarta? Is it easily available?

A Bow Legged Joe would look pretty sharp in that, too. Hmmmm....
    That is Shadetree burlap micarta with red pigmented phenolic resin.
    Who cares what I just said. Please go learn about SuperBen, he needs the knifemaking community.

Just so you guys know I'm working, the trays are going from this:

To this:

This is what I have done, and going to the show so far:

There is still a LOT of work:

Dylan has been working also. At the show, I am going to be an official dealer for Fletcher Knives. That means in order to get them at the show, you'll have to buy them from me.

I'd also like to say that Dylan is officially a knifemaker now IMO. His skills easily rival mine. I doubt there is much more I can show him WRT knives. Maybe some of the other tools, or shop stuff, but his grinds and handle work are right there with mine now. He's a natural.

Hatchulas!

Check out this pointy one! Its going to be wearing some badass Shadetree Burlap also. Its a stunner.

YAY! PICS! If you guys look reeeeeaaaly close, you can see four Pocket Kilos on the middle glue up table without the brown paper on it. You see 'em?

The awesomeness!!!! Somebody do the 24 zoom and enhance on the Pocket Kilos!

Andy, what knife is that in the bottom left hand corner of the first tray? The dark one sitting there next to it's scales?

Those Choppers look great already!

That is a Ladyfinger. Massaccar Ebony scales. Really gorgeous.

I don't see any bolsters. Oh well, back to waiting. They look good though.

Wow, I wish I was going to Blade, and wasn't broke..

Beautiful work Andy!

Andy, I hope you're having fun with the knife-making. The work is great and your compliment to Dylan is high praise.

Some beautiful pieces there. Do you guys make money at Blade or is it more a matter of meeting other knife-makers and swapping tires and kicking lies?

Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    Andy, I hope you're having fun with the knife-making. The work is great and your compliment to Dylan is high praise.

Some beautiful pieces there. Do you guys make money at Blade or is it more a matter of meeting other knife-makers and swapping tires and kicking lies?

Nicely done.
    I can't speak for Andy, but for me right now, going to Blade is more about kissin' hands, shakin' babies, and getting the word out. I'm not quite as worried about selling knives there. I just want to go and have a good time, rub some elbows, and get to talk with everyone. I'll have one of each of my knives on me to show off to everyone and pass out some bidness cards. Andy is going to be the official Fletcher Knives dealer at Blade, but I'm trying to keep myself from caring if he sells a single one. That way if they don't all sell, I didn't build myself up for disappointment. I just want to go and enjoy myself all weekend.

In the second-photo-down which knife is the one just to the left of the handles on the Bow Legged Choppers? Is it a Bushboot? The blade looks wider than normal. And is the one above it in the same slot the early model Recluse?

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post

Nicely done.
    Thanks so much Kismet. Dylan should get high praise. He is doin good.

Blade show is about fun really. I wish the show part wasn't really about so much work in fact. I don't care if I sell any either. Its about the folks. And about consuming lots of beer in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by <OIIO> View Post
    In the second-photo-down which knife is the one just to the left of the handles on the Bow Legged Choppers? Is it a Bushboot? The blade looks wider than normal. And is the one above it in the same slot the early model Recluse?
    Good eye. Its a Bushboot, and the other one is a Terassaur.

I am glad the sheath is done for the Hatchula so I can carry it to show other people.Everyone that has seen it said it is one one the coolest knives they have seen.A person could clean out a whole jar of peanut butter in one swipe.The Ladyfinger in maple is a fine EDC that I can carry at work for warehouse use.
    Thanks,
    Michael

Can't wait for the Blade Leftover sale

(I hope there will be a few leftovers, but only a few)

Andy,

Very nice work!

I wish you all the best at Blade.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by cybrok View Post
    Can't wait for the Blade Leftover sale
    The Blade Show what? What is that last word? sail? silly? sate? I don't know what that is, but we don't do that.

Truly awesome!

I might have to order up some for Eagle presents! That is a great idea! Might just have to get myself one for an aged Eagle present, Yeah,, That's what Ill call it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information