Thread: Peanut Pattern

Peanut Pattern

ADVERTISEMENT

Just got this Ulster Peanut, with a pretty tan bone seen on a few knives lately. It has "the swedge" too. This Ulster has a sabre ground front side and a flat back. Most Ulsters had the CV like carbon steel.

Got any Ulsters, Schrade, Craftsman, Imperial, Van Camps, Camillus peanuts? Let see some more. They made them with different handles. Some will have cut outs. A variety of shields, or not. Schrade made the Old Timer Peanut, but not an Uncle Henry. Anyone got a peanut with Staglon handles?

Anyone else like peanuts? Usually about 2 7/8" with a clip and pen. Sweet little pattern. Anyone been to Caldonia's? Sweet baby back ribs.

The only 2 7/8" peanut I have handy right now is not a Schrade, Ulster, etc. It is a c.1897-1922 Robeson Cutlery Co. #72283 pearl handle.

The 72OT qualifies as peanut

Kingston made a bunch too.
    I've gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!

A Ulster 183 that I know nothing about .

First Pics here - sorry for quality

Good evening,

Hope this one fits the bill. Not one of my favorite patterns, but like this little guy alot!

Nice peanuts. Thanks all.

Jamo. I like that smooth bone 183. A couple of mine have that same number. The one I pictures is a 183. And wveah, that white 218. Don't worry about the pics. I have one of those, and it is a favorite of mine too. Give your camera a try outdoors, with no flash. Codger, the pearl Robeson is a beauty, and LRV, the Old Timer is a classic for sure.
    Last edited by thawk; 05-15-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Hey Thawk here is a Moore Handley hardware Co.
    I take mine outside as well . I use text document to brighten or close up to darken .

Outside is the only way I can get a decent picture. My best time is early in the morning on the shady side of the house. Then I tweak the brightness using the Microsoft Office Picture Editor. Glare still causes issues with mirror finished blades. Here are a few more peanuts. That Moore Handley looks old Jamo. Nice one.

Cigar Box Schrade, Schrade 272, Van Camp By Ulster, and four more Ulster 183 'nuts. I'll shoot these guys again in the morning if it's not raining. I always get a kick out of the Ulster in the center with the very thin neck and wonder what happened there.

I use a tank stand ,
    In the morning i'm on the Western side . Afternoon on the Eastern side . 5mp camera
    I don't have to worry about rain .
    Here is a Western 292

Shapleigh

Imperial

There getting rougher

Real Mop?

Did Ulster make real MOP [i.e. not "cracked ice"] scales on these???
    The one knife looks likes very nice pearl.

Heres a few to add...

I don't have a good pic of this SW peanut by itself, so big brother is in it too..

BTW, Thats a great lookin Ulster Hal. Is that one of your finds from your trip ?

Quote Originally Posted by wveah View Post
    Did Ulster make real MOP [i.e. not "cracked ice"] scales on these???
    The one knife looks likes very nice pearl.
    Oh yes, Ulster made beautiful MOP knives. Mine are both Mother of Toilet Seat though.

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r....pages/pl12.htm

I think there might be a pearl peanut on this page. Mike, pretty 272 there, and we had a great road trip, but it produced no peanuts or knives at all. The Ulster was an Ebay find. Jamo I'm doing some serious eyeballin on that Diamond Edge. And it's raining in Kansas this morning.
    Last edited by thawk; 05-15-2010 at 07:50 AM.

Hey Thawk, lrv, Codge and everyone wow you've rounded everyone up .
    Mine are the pre loved models .
    I have sold a few Diamond Edge over here with full blades for nothing as a lot of people don't know what they are .
    .Robeson Shuredge # 626331
    Not a pretty as Codges

Here is a peanut we don't usually see.

Its an Anvil made by Colonial. They made a set of 5 knives were really nice little knives.
    I've gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!

Thread Information