Page 741 of 743 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743 LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,820 of 14852

Thread: "Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by silenthunterstudios View Post
    Please say a prayer for my pup, the danged dog is a canine vacuum cleaner, hes passed socks, rope toys etc. He hasn't eaten anything since Saturday, and that was just a few gulps of chicken broth. He's at the vet, waiting for xrays to determine if he needs surgery. He got some IV fluids yesterday, a painkiller injection and some antibiotics. Hopefully they won't have to slice him open, and if they do, hopefully he will not have intestinal necrosis. I am beside myself, literally, no fat jokes today. My coping mechanism is to eat, I can't do that. A local knife dealer that I work with often, has said he'll take a look at my collection, for vet bills etc.
    That's awful news. I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for him.
    Member of "Knife-nerdish-new-made-dads" clan
    Fellow of "Guardians of the Lambsfoot"
    looking for older GEC 25 barlows and jacks, especially Northfield 2012 models

The news isn't all bad -I predict in the future that one day we will lose Bieber and the kardashians - thus nature balances itself.

For the second best ever version of johnny b good-look no further than Bill haley live in Sweden 1968https://youtu.be/lBr3hDIA-kc
    Rudy Pompelli blowin' sax Nick Masters lead guitar and the workman like "Bam Bam" Lane on the drums sounding like a steam train.

Hoping for a swift recovery and a course of obedience training for your pup silenthunterstudios.

Quote Originally Posted by AShearer View Post
    It does seem like we're losing a lot of people lately. But, I think it's a matter of what we pay attention to. Being 64 this year, I'm wondering: "Will you still need me, will you still feed me" < Never mind. I lost my mind for a minute.

A lot of those we have lost were our contemporaries, i.e. David Bowie, Chuck Berry, Debbie Reynolds and so on. So, we feel our own mortality coming closer?

Hate to be morose, if I am. Imagine what it will be like when we lose say; Paul McCartney or Mick Jagger? Just thinking out loud.
    You just say every morning : Thank you God that I can still see the green side .
    That is what it is like my friend .

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Beige View Post
    This is not going to end well.
    No it didn't final bill $1,695 we had to replace the right side drive shaft, water pump, power steering pump, hoses, belts and some other odds and ends.
    But it running like new.

Time stands still for no man...

I think we need a bit of a laugh to relieve the blue mood at this juncture. Dr Von Meakinstein prescribes Cat Feud. Please tell me if you don't laugh.

blob:<a href="https://www.dailymotio...f138fc10f4</a>

It wouldn't open for me. I blame windows 10.

"Yet Adversity may smile again! So, sit you down, Sorrow." Love's Labors Lost (funny play)
    Last edited by scrteened porch; 03-21-2017 at 11:13 AM.

He's not touch and go, but he's at the vet for observation. Not out of the woods yet. He wolfed down a rope toy, that he had passed earlier , and that was about a week before he was noticeably ill. He got neutered while he was out too. He will be quite angry when he comes out of his anesthesia. I am indebted to the doctor, literally and figuratively. However, I am worried about him getting all of those antibiotics. I'm going to ask her if dogs can get acidophilus (I will do my own research as well, but I'm not paying vet school bills, so I defer to her).

Thank you for the prayers and kind words. Yes, obedience school is in his future, he is a big son of a gun. Mightily powerful, 95 lbs of muscle. Took me pavement surfing when we took him to the vet, he's riding the morphine highway lately.

No toys unobserved, and have to make sure old dogs and young pups (my Remington and my sisters Kasper) don't get too rough with him.

I feel silly for not paying more attention to Carl's Lounge.

I hope the best for the K9s out here. Mine was in the hospital at UGA for 8 days. I was absolutely lost with him not being home.

Best wishes to all. Thanks for the kinds words. I'm trying to personally limit my phone/computer time to less than an hour a day. It's harder than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by silenthunterstudios View Post
    he's riding the morphine highway lately.

No toys unobserved, and have to make sure old dogs and young pups (my Remington and my sisters Kasper) don't get too rough with him.
    I'm on week three of this at home. I had to give him - IMO - copious amounts of Xanax for 2 weeks. I couldn't believe the amounts a K9 has to take to work (I cut that at 2 weeks). My K9 is a working animal and this has been an absolute nightmare controlling his drive without defeatism. I threw his toy 4 times today. It's taken a toll on both of us, but we're "Out of the woods."

All the best, to you and your animal. This was my first time dealing with something of this magnitude with K9, despite my antics.

I apologise for that break in transmission now on with the show- I met a guy a couple of weeks ago who is the human embodiment of that bulldog.
    Last edited by meako; 03-21-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Engineer View Post
    You just say every morning : Thank you God that I can still see the green side .
    That is what it is like my friend .

Harry
    Still vertical buddy.

Alan
    Wtb GEC #99, #66 slim
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. - Steven Wright

~ Alan

I love a good knife and my Grandpa's Boker from the 1920' is well used and just a comfort to hold and handle.

Quote Originally Posted by meako View Post
    For the second best ever version of johnny b good-look no further than Bill haley live in Sweden 1968https://youtu.be/lBr3hDIA-kc
    Rudy Pompelli blowin' sax Nick Masters lead guitar and the workman like "Bam Bam" Lane on the drums sounding like a steam train.
    Well meako I don't know... While I was over there I pulled up the Back to the Future clip. They were sure rockin until MJF went gonzo. Anyone know if that was a band or studio musicians on that scene?
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Bugdoc View Post
    Well meako I don't know... While I was over there I pulled up the Back to the Future clip. They were sure rockin until MJF went gonzo. Anyone know if that was a band or studio musicians on that scene?
    According to this article, the band members were played by actual musicians. Michael J Fox's guitar playing and singing were both done by someone else.
    -- Barrett

WTB GEC #15 Boy's Knives -- FarmBoy in Ebony or Nifebrite -- Single or two-blade Clip in Ebony, Nifebrite or Antique Yellow -- Sheepsfoot w/ SCOUT shield in Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by btb01 View Post
    According to this article, the band members were played by actual musicians. Michael J Fox's guitar playing and singing were both done by someone else.

Absolute worse lead riff's ever played. All those two handed pull offs made me cringe they were terrible. I can just imagine what Eddie Van Halen master of the two handed pull off must have thought.
    RANDY

Update on Mack, he came home last night. Definitely not himself, he is not grumpy, just exhausted. Hard to lay down or sit down. I took him for a walk, he chased the cat but reined himself in, definitely not in his repertoire. He vomited his dinner and water this morning, but he slept in bed with me. I just started off with electric shocks in my spine now, good times.

Prayers off for our British cousins today, and the brave cop who put himself between an armed man and Parliament and paid with his life.

God Bless the British policemen.
    Last edited by jackknife; 03-22-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by btb01 View Post
    Thanks Barrett!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by r redden View Post
    Absolute worse lead riff's ever played. All those two handed pull offs made me cringe they were terrible. I can just imagine what Eddie Van Halen master of the two handed pull off must have thought.
    Randy, tell us how you really feel
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. - Steven Wright

~ Alan

Page 741 of 743 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743 LastLast

Thread Information