Page 64 of 353 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 7054

Thread: "Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

ADVERTISEMENT
    Was my handle always huge and purple?

Forum is on the fritz...mine is the color for platinum account.

Quote Originally Posted by LKJW View Post
    Was my handle always huge and purple?
    The size of the username threw me off a little yesterday, too. The Basic Member color is purple, it was just harder to notice when the font was smaller.
    Dan

OK, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    Forum is on the fritz...mine is the color for platinum account.
    looks like your platinum has developed a healthy patina

Hi,

Today is such a nice day and I'm pretty much stuck in the house sitting in the dark.

I had an examination for glaucoma yesterday. And my eyes are still sore from being poked. The upside is I don't need to smoke marijuana yet. The downside is I will be developing a close personal, long term relationship with my Ophthalmologist. He wants to poke me in the eyes every two months or so. That sucks.

dalee
    If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by dalee100 View Post
    Hi,

Today is such a nice day and I'm pretty much stuck in the house sitting in the dark.

I had an examination for glaucoma yesterday. And my eyes are still sore from being poked. The upside is I don't need to smoke marijuana yet. The downside is I will be developing a close personal, long term relationship with my Ophthalmologist. He wants to poke me in the eyes every two months or so. That sucks.

dalee
    Sorry to hear that. My mom is in the same boat.

Hi,

The upside is I don't need to smoke marijuana yet.
    That the only reason your upset about it, be honest. J/K Sorry to hear about that. I had to get glasses at the first of the year myself and oh I still hate to have that extra weight on my face. Good luck and I hope your eyes don't get any worse. You wouldn't be able to see the pretty knife photos.

Hi,

Thanks. I'm just a "suspect" at this point. Hence the long term observation. I hope your Mother is keeping it under control, Dan.

While I do admit that I did inhale a time or two in my much younger days, it never did anything but make me cough. So I'd be far more disappointed if it was bourbon and beer that was supposed to help. I would be severely saddened if I couldn't see the pretty knives here. But I ain't going to let that happen.

Wearing glasses isn't so bad Ashe. Think of them as fashion accessories. I've been wearing them since I was a kid. I should be getting my new pair of bifocals by early next week. I'm just glad I didn't need to get trifocals yet.

Dale
    If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Hi,

Thanks. I'm just a "suspect" at this point. Hence the long term observation. I hope your Mother is keeping it under control, Dan.

While I do admit that I did inhale a time or two in my much younger days, it never did anything but make me cough. So I'd be far more disappointed if it was bourbon and beer that was supposed to help. I would be severely saddened if I couldn't see the pretty knives here. But I ain't going to let that happen.

Wearing glasses isn't so bad Ashe. Think of them as fashion accessories. I've been wearing them since I was a kid. I should be getting my new pair of bifocals by early next week. I'm just glad I didn't need to get trifocals yet.

Dale
    I should have said, man. Moms has been holding strong for a while now. Her checkups are always good. She worries, but it's gotta be ten years now and she hasn't had any serious drama. Hope the same holds true for you, amigo.

Yesterday was a day to play in the woods. I was carrying this Boker large Sodbuster in my pocket. It's not exactly a Nessmuk trio, but I also had an Ontario machete and a CS tomahawk.
    nessmuk.jpg
    I took one of my sons with me and we roamed some property my family owns. I'm a fairly recent convert to the machete. They are really great tools. Not only great for clearing brush and vines and stuff, but great for chopping, too. We found a perfect huge dead tree for throwing the tomahawk. I've always thought throwing a hawk seemed kind of silly, but upon further review- I'm kind of silly. It was great fun!

I don't think any of these cost over $25, so the cost-to-fun ratio was through the roof. It was the most fun I've had getting covered with ticks in a long time!

Man, ticks seem worse this year, huh?

They seem bad to me, but my dog and my kids don't seem to be effected. My son was everywhere I was yesterday and didn't get a single one. I found 6 on me. My dog is outside almost all the time and I haven't found one on her yet. A couple of other times this spring I found a few on me.

I keep a tick key in my wallet when I go out and incase my cat gets one...so far he hasnt but I check him regularly (hes and indoor cat, but occasionally escapes and goes for a romp in the grass).

I've had three attached this year. Out of 33 years and hundreds of ticks, those were the first to actually get their suck on.

Sliver Grippers

On my keychain at all times:

Works a treat on getting the ticks off dogs (and humans).
    FAQ RulesMembership Subscription Options Update Your User Group

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

Quote Originally Posted by Blues View Post
    On my keychain at all times:

Works a treat on getting the ticks off dogs (and humans).
    That is slick. Just ordered one for 6.93 with free shipping off amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by LKJW View Post
    That is slick. Just ordered one for 6.93 with free shipping off amazon.
    Forgot to mention that they're great for splinters as well. Very fine control. I don't think you'll be disappointed. (I sterilize 'em with alcohol after tick removal.) I've had mine for years.

Looks more useful than a tick key! might have to get one of those myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    Looks more useful than a tick key! might have to get one of those myself.
    I used to carry something similar to the "key", Robert, that I had made myself...but since I got the sliver grippers I've just found them so useful I haven't looked back. It's a small investment that'll last a long time and pay dividends in utility.

Page 64 of 353 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread Information