Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Us About Yourself

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey all, as my user name suggests my name is Dane. I am originally from Yakima, Washington but recently moved across the nation and ended up in the capital region of New York Work brought me out here and albeit the northern part of the state is beautiful it is still 3000 miles away from home. I am a Controls Engineer, have not been doing it long but loving the work and the company that I work for. In my past career I was a Loss Prevention Manager and it got fairly old having to fight with people everyday, alot who tried to use these sharp things I love so much against me. I have been married for a few years now but with my wife for 11 1/2 years which is kinda strange since I am only 27.

Anyways, have not gotten into fixed blade knives really but my brother is an avid JK knives collector so when I do turn to the darkside of fixed blades, JK it is! Thanks for listening and nice to meet you all!

Welcome! Who`s your brother?

My avatar is my Grandaughter, Hanna, who is battling leukemia.

R.I.P udtjim - One Of The Good Guys

Visit My Web Store
    http://www.jkhandmadeknives.com/apps/webstore/

Visit My Forum In The Makers Section
    http://jkhandmadeknives.com/
    jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Welcome Dane.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it! (a gun that is)
    May the forest be with you.
    And...CANCER SUCKS!

hey dane. welcome to the forum. a cross-country move is tough, i'm sure. hope you are making the most of it. sounds like you got a good gig, which helps.

and, the darkside of fixed blades? nawww...we us our powers for good over here in the JK forum.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89
    Looking for a GEC #42 (or 72) in black canvas micarta. Please contact me if you have one available. Thanks.

Welcome, Dane. Don't become a NY yankees fan... Upstate NY is beautiful...
    TPVT, hope you are stil a fan and without the Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by fmendez View Post
    Welcome, Dane. Don't become a NY yankees fan... Upstate NY is beautiful...
    TPVT, hope you are stil a fan and without the Taxes
    i hate the effing red sox. (if you're from mass, that should answer your question).

but yup...i'm usually listening every night. i don't have nesn up here. i like listening on the radio anyway. every now and again, i'll go catch em at a bar. although...i'm one week on, one week off with my kids. and, that means Red Sox at the girl friend's!
    Looking for a GEC #42 (or 72) in black canvas micarta. Please contact me if you have one available. Thanks.

JK Knives - My brother is Joe K...he gets pissy if I list his last name.

Thanks Mykel and TPVT

fmendez - I would NEVER become a Yankees fan!!! Infact, sad to say but I thoroughly dislike all NY teams. I do however enjoy most of the Boston teams!

Welcome Dane! I work at an engineering firm and we have a controls team that is part of our Technology group so I actually know what you do.

As far as the dark side goes, you'll like it. We have the best blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane.Chichester View Post

Thanks Mykel and TPVT

fmendez - I would NEVER become a Yankees fan!!! Infact, sad to say but I thoroughly dislike all NY teams. I do however enjoy most of the Boston teams!
    Are you sure he has my knives? I don`t know any customers named Joe?

Visit My Web Store

jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dane.Chichester View Post

Thanks Mykel and TPVT

Dane, welcome again, enjoy NY and stay away from those Yankees.

TPVT, those Red Sox always awake strong emotions but are almost always fun to watch, particulatly if the nitroglycerine pills are near by

Reread my original post and guess it needs some updating. In 6/11 a company that I applied with in Az called on a Friday and asked if I could start the following Thursday. I said "no problem". Packed my stuff on Saturday, left NY on Sunday morning, made Indy by Sunday night, Elk City, Okla. by Monday night, standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona on Tuesday night, unloaded the truck Wednesday at friends in Phoenix where I stayed for the next 3 months, and started work on Thursday. Led a Spartan existence while with friends [the only thing I bought was another knife from John] and in 3 months time, had enough cash for a downpayment on a house in the Paradise Valley area where I'm now living. I let my youngest son Michael stay at my mom's to finish 2nd grade while I was in transit, but he will be coming to live here with me in about a month. What a long strange trip it's been.
    "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #41.

Quote Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
    Reread my original post and guess it needs some updating. In 6/11 a company that I applied with in Az called on a Friday and asked if I could start the following Thursday. I said "no problem". Packed my stuff on Saturday, left NY on Sunday morning, made Indy by Sunday night, Elk City, Okla. by Monday night, standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona on Tuesday night, unloaded the truck Wednesday at friends in Phoenix where I stayed for the next 3 months, and started work on Thursday. Led a Spartan existence while with friends [the only thing I bought was another knife from John] and in 3 months time, had enough cash for a downpayment on a house in the Paradise Valley area where I'm now living. I let my youngest son Michael stay at my mom's to finish 2nd grade while I was in transit, but he will be coming to live here with me in about a month. What a long strange trip it's been.
    Love the classic rock references,congrats on a successful relocation.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it! (a gun that is)
    May the forest be with you.
    And...CANCER SUCKS!

Best of luck to you JH.

Jeff
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives

Quote Originally Posted by mykel m View Post
    Love the classic rock references,congrats on a successful relocation.
    Gotta love the Eagles!

Visit My Web Store

jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

nice to met ya', I know nothing of the "baseball" but the Eagles do rock the casbah

Thanks guys, I got the Eagles and the Grateful Dead in there for those keeping score at home. My whole CD collection [formerly LP's] is late 60's early 70's and probably only 10 added since the 80's. Guess I'm a "dinosaur".
    "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #41.

Since we are the same age, I guess I`m a dinasaur too!

Visit My Web Store

jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Blog Entries
    Welcome Dane and good luck JackHammer!

best

mqqn

Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    Andy
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

Hi folks,
    My name is Cooper. I grew up in a small town in west central Illinois and am starting my third year of college in the fall. I'll be attending Southern Illinois University in pursuit of a degree in forestry. I enjoy spending as much time in the woods as possible, and love working outside.
    My first order with John is in the mail and it will be difficult to wait a few months to get it.
    Although I haven't posted here too much, the atmosphere in this sub-forum is fantastic.
    -Cooper

Beckerhead #185
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #94, Terrio Handmade Knives, T.M. Hunt Custom Knives

hey cooper. welcome. thanks for posting. hope to see ya around the forum. good luck in school this fall.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information