Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Us About Yourself

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey copper, wish i'd had the forethought to take up forestry nice to meet you
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives 72

JK iris PASSSAROUND: please consider taking part

Hi Cooper. I used to spend a lot of time near SIU, my wife is from Murphysboro, just down the road.

My avatar is my Grandaughter, Hanna, who is battling leukemia.

R.I.P udtjim - One Of The Good Guys

Visit My Web Store
    http://www.jkhandmadeknives.com/apps/webstore/

Visit My Forum In The Makers Section
    http://jkhandmadeknives.com/
    jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JK Knives View Post
    Hi Cooper. I used to spend a lot of time near SIU, my wife is from Murphysboro, just down the road.
    That's cool John. It's pretty crazy how the internet makes the world so much smaller.
    -Cooper

Beckerhead #185
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #94, Terrio Handmade Knives, T.M. Hunt Custom Knives

Blog Entries
    Hi Cooper -

Welcome! My father's side of the family has history in Carbondale, specifically in Makanda down 51 near Giant City, where I assume you'll be spending some time.

Grab some JK 01 and a camera and give us all some good stuff to look at!

Glad to have you around - I am in the Peoria area and probably will be for a good while - maybe you can join us for a gathering soon!

best

mqqn

Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    Andy
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

Greetings JK fans and supporters!

My name is David H. and I'm a complete noob/newbie/beginner when it comes to survival/bushcraft/self-reliance/disaster preparation. I found BF more then a year ago because I was looking to buy a woods knife to take hiking. I've always loved the outdoors but living in Southern California, the opportunities weren't plentiful.

Being on BF I immediately caught the bug. Due to circumstances, I had the opportunity to go back to school. Being a student again and having a budget, makes things a little challenging but over the past year I've been scouring places high and low looking for GEAR. I've bought a number of PolarTec fleece jackets, hiking shorts, backpacking cookware, and hiking shirts from thrift shops. I've been selling some stuff on Ebay and I'm building a little bit of a bankroll Looking to get a nice pack with back support.

We have nice hiking areas close by, but in order to find adequate wilderness to play in- we have to drive about 2 hours. I'm trying to get my brother and girlfriend into the outdoors. I love their company and want to share the experiences with them, however they don't understand the need for proper clothing and gear. So for the past year I've been stocking up for them also. You won't believe how hard it is to find EVERYTHING in PINK!!!!

I look forward to discovering the wilderness and sharing what I find with you guys. This is a great sub-forum and it's been a blast reading all your posts. I can't believe, sometime soon, I'll get to fondle my very own JK knife.... Thanks again to Peter and Mykel.

I'm planning an over-nighter as soon as ViKtim 9 comes in. I'll take a ton of photos, I can't wait!

hey david, good luck on encouraging your brother and girlfriend, I've not had much luck with my wife, we talk about camping all the time but i know in the back of my head she sees an Rv and/or a blow up mattress and suitcases when she's talking,

About me, I'm new to the forum and knife making community. I'm 30, three kids, ex-wife, fiance and one dog. Former recon marine for a touch over a year with a med discharge. Grew up outside constantly hunting fishing riding atvs and the such. Made a few knives a couple years ago but nothing impressive. One from a2 and one from a rail road spike, still have that one. I took a lot of enjoyment in it and now I'm going to commit my self to it. Have four sold and don't even have the steel yet. Sold them to freinds at cost just to practice for free more or less. Anyway, that's me and my little story more or less.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the new folks!

best

mqqn

Andy

junglas and lastchance..... i can attest that there are a great bunch of guys here to learn from. thanks for the intro's. welcome.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89
    Looking for a muskrat (various makers) with carbon steel blades and a ~4" closed length. no delrin or acrylic scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Junglas View Post
    Greetings JK fans and supporters!

My name is David H. and I'm a complete noob/newbie/beginner when it comes to survival/bushcraft/self-reliance/disaster preparation. I found BF more then a year ago because I was looking to buy a woods knife to take hiking. I've always loved the outdoors but living in Southern California, the opportunities weren't plentiful.

Being on BF I immediately caught the bug. Due to circumstances, I had the opportunity to go back to school. Being a student again and having a budget, makes things a little challenging but over the past year I've been scouring places high and low looking for GEAR. I've bought a number of PolarTec fleece jackets, hiking shorts, backpacking cookware, and hiking shirts from thrift shops. I've been selling some stuff on Ebay and I'm building a little bit of a bankroll Looking to get a nice pack with back support.

We have nice hiking areas close by, but in order to find adequate wilderness to play in- we have to drive about 2 hours. I'm trying to get my brother and girlfriend into the outdoors. I love their company and want to share the experiences with them, however they don't understand the need for proper clothing and gear. So for the past year I've been stocking up for them also. You won't believe how hard it is to find EVERYTHING in PINK!!!!

I look forward to discovering the wilderness and sharing what I find with you guys. This is a great sub-forum and it's been a blast reading all your posts. I can't believe, sometime soon, I'll get to fondle my very own JK knife.... Thanks again to Peter and Mykel.

I'm planning an over-nighter as soon as ViKtim 9 comes in. I'll take a ton of photos, I can't wait!
    Welcome David.
    I can't wait for you to get your ViKtim number nine either.(and see the pics)
    I got mine last week & it is a beast of a knife.
    Have fun with it.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

CANCER SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    About me, I'm new to the forum and knife making community. I'm 30, three kids, ex-wife, fiance and one dog. Former recon marine for a touch over a year with a med discharge. Grew up outside constantly hunting fishing riding atvs and the such. Made a few knives a couple years ago but nothing impressive. One from a2 and one from a rail road spike, still have that one. I took a lot of enjoyment in it and now I'm going to commit my self to it. Have four sold and don't even have the steel yet. Sold them to freinds at cost just to practice for free more or less. Anyway, that's me and my little story more or less.
    Oh no,another Jarhead.Welcome lc,looking forward to seeing some finished knives.
    I too was one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children,just a mechanic though.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

CANCER SUCKS!

nice to meet you, like to see pictures of those knives sometime.

Hi Gang!
    My hobbies are the Natural World and knives. And... I just ordered my First JK knife.
    Thanks!
    Rolf

nicely said, nice to meet you

Welcome to all the newcomers, stick around, this is one of the friendliest places here!

Visit My Web Store

jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by Lycosa View Post
    Hi Gang!
    My hobbies are the Natural World and knives. And... I just ordered my First JK knife.
    Thanks!
    Rolf
    Welcome to the campfire Rolf! thanks for sharing.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89
    Looking for a muskrat (various makers) with carbon steel blades and a ~4" closed length. no delrin or acrylic scales.

You are welcome. Thanks for having me.

All you new guys, don`t be shy, tell a bit about yourself,.

Visit My Web Store

jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Listen to the Boss. ^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycosa View Post
    Hi Gang!
    Thanks!
    Rolf
    And you must love Spiders too - welcome Rolf - I hope you love your JK as much as I love mine!

best

mqqn

Andy

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information