Thread: Kershaw at Wal-Mart.

Kershaw at Wal-Mart.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Last edited by Bobby Craig; 10-28-2011 at 05:55 PM.

They are of the same quality you would find anywhere else. I don't think Kershaw would compromise on quality to sell their knives at Wal-Mart.

Think about it, Wal-Mart is the biggest retailer in the country. It is their buying power that allows them to sell items cheaper.

No its the same. I bought a Rainbow Leek from Wal-Mart not too long ago for like $50 and some change and had it shipped to the store for no shipping. I can't tell the difference between it and the one I bought from Snap On tools via my friend that drove the truck and dealt in that here that ran me nearly double what Wally world wanted.

STR
    STR's Blog

I make no apologies for being unable to maintain a monogamous relationship with a folding knife!

Wally world buys huge runs of knives, they have a smaller profit margin, they sell pretty cheap. The only difference is that usually Wally Weird Kershaws are clamshell packed. No difference in quality.

^^^What these guys said. other than clamshell they're the same.

The same with the other brands as well. Buy lots at once, the mfgr sells them to you cheaper. Business 101.
    Beckerhead #38
    "By the powers vested in me, I now pronounce you man and knife."
    - Lee Christmas

I didn't buy my "Needs Work" at WalMart because the package it was in was cut open in the back and it was $5 more than it was at BiMart.

Otherwise, they're the same brand and WalMart has better deals than 90% of retailers, and I'm relatively sure someone opened the package to try out the knfie in hand. Either way I went ahead and got mine at BiMart, so if you've got one of those nearby...

The knives we sell to Wal-Mart are the same quality as knives we send to every other retailer.

My local WM has a bunch of Kershaws on clearance right now after revamping their knife selection last week and bringing in new models.

Bought my wife's Zing at wal-mart. She'd been wanting that model for some time for her EDC blade. Only thing I noticed was this knife was purchased in June 2010, but was dated 2008. Apparently it had been on the shelf for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by NHbeau View Post
    Only thing I noticed was this knife was purchased in June 2010, but was dated 2008. Apparently it had been on the shelf for some time.
    similar to my experience. my skyline blade is dated jan 09. that means WM had to sit on the inventory for 18 months.... they had more. probably from the same run. good for me and good for you. US made kershaw knives at a a great price.

I got my OD-1 there, can't complain, didn't have to wait for shipping, and it find its way into my pocket quite often.

They had Skylines on sale for $25 & change a few weeks back. All the ones I checked were dated Jan 09 or earlier. My guess is that they were clearing out the old steel ones for the newer steel ones.

Thread Information