Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 95

Thread: EDC (Every Day Carry) by Daniel Koster

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    20,831

    ADVERTISEMENT
    I got 6 blades back from heat-treat. I will post updates/pics later. Got to run to class.



    Dan

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    552
    Man the grind and profile on those looks awesome.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    20,831
    Thanks!

    Dan

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    20,831
    I managed to cut a few of these - will post a pic when I can.

    Thanks!

    Dan

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    1,531
    Dan,
    Any update on the EDC's ETA? TIA

  6. #26
    Hello,Dan!
    The list is still open?
    I want a 4''!!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    906
    I sent 1n deposit just now, pls reserved for me a 4.5 " with tan micarta as in your photo, leather sheath.
    May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.

  8. #28
    email sent~

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    1,531
    Dan -- Did you get the email re the change in my EDC order? TIA

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    20,831
    Quote Originally Posted by ras View Post
    Dan,
    Any update on the EDC's ETA? TIA
    not yet...still figuring things out. This might end up being a small-run to keep things simple. Not sure yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivaldohy View Post
    Hello,Dan!
    The list is still open?
    I want a 4''!!
    Yes!


    Quote Originally Posted by deltablade View Post
    I sent 1n deposit just now, pls reserved for me a 4.5 " with tan micarta as in your photo, leather sheath.
    got it - thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by yesgoodluck View Post
    email sent~
    Got it - reply sent.

    Quote Originally Posted by ras View Post
    Dan -- Did you get the email re the change in my EDC order? TIA
    Yes - done.

    Thanks!

    Dan

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    1,522
    Dan,

    Can you tell me where I can get the leather vertical/horizontal sheath for a 3.5" EDC? Happy to buy from you, or where ever you point me.

    Thanks!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    20,831
    I can have my local leather guy make one up - won't be exactly the same as the JRE, but will take less time. As I understand, JRE is backlogged quite a bit.





    UPDATE:

    I've made an Official Order Page now. Time to start moving on these.

    Here is the link:

    www.kosterknives.com/EDC2011.htm


    I'll post it up on the first page as well. Let me know if I have the information correct!

    Thanks!


    Dan

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    1,522
    Dan,

    As long as it's able to be carried vertically or horizontally safely and securely, I don't care where it comes from. What would your local leather guy charge?

    Thanks!

    Brian

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    1,522
    By the way, forgot to add. The 3.5" EDC is one hell of a knife! I believe it is the best in fit and finish of the now 7 of your knives I own! Not to mention being my new favorite. Most excellent job my friend!

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    20,831
    Thanks for the kind words.


    I'm not sure what he'd charge, but I'll ask first. It would be less if you could do natural leather rather than black. With JRE, using black leather is ok, but for my local guy to get it....takes some $$$.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Koster View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.


    I'm not sure what he'd charge, but I'll ask first. It would be less if you could do natural leather rather than black. With JRE, using black leather is ok, but for my local guy to get it....takes some $$$.
    Natural leather is fine with me.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    906
    Dan,
    my balance has been sent via paypal
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Koster View Post
    I can have my local leather guy make one up - won't be exactly the same as the JRE, but will take less time. As I understand, JRE is backlogged quite a bit.





    UPDATE:

    I've made an Official Order Page now. Time to start moving on these.

    Here is the link:

    www.kosterknives.com/EDC2011.htm


    I'll post it up on the first page as well. Let me know if I have the information correct!

    Thanks!


    Dan
    May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    1,522
    Got one ordered from JRE. Thanks Dan.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    20,831
    Great news - glad you could get the JRE. My leather guy was going to charge quite a bit more.




    I got the handles cut out and ready to glue up. List updated.

    www.kosterknives.com/EDC2011.htm




    I'm waiting on liner material to show up - ran out. I should be able to glue these up by end of next week.

    Dan

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,934
    Hey Dan PM and email sent. Thanks martin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •