Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batch Done 9/22/10

Batch Done 9/22/10

ADVERTISEMENT
    I'm real excited about a few of the knives in this batch. Some new models, and some regulars that really came out fine.

First up is the new Camp Knife. Its got a 7" blade, and a 5.5" handle. They're made from 01 steel thats 5/32" thick and 2" wide. Full height convex grinds are thin demons. These have tapered tangs. One has stabalized Ash crotch with natural canvas liner, pins and bullseye filler, and the other is a base price model with natural canvas micarta and black pins and bullseye. These two are available. I will have to make a sheath for them. Leather will cost, micarta will be more affordable. $350 for the micarta knife, and $375 for the stabalized Ash beauty.

Also, the first of the bigger Choppers is ready. Its got Shadetree burlap and black pins and bullseye filler. Its 2" wide, 15" long, 5.5" handle, 5/32" thick 01 steel. This one may, or may not be sold.

Check out this pretty Recluse. 5/32" thick 01 and tapered tang.

Who cares what I just said. Please go learn about SuperBen, he needs the knifemaking community.

All are beautiful Andy, that Recluse is stunning!!
    History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies. ~Alexis de Tocqueville

B.H. #27

That recluse is something else!!!! Beautiful.

This Snubnose came out pretty. Oak scales and spalted 01 steel. Available.

This is a Terassuar wearing Cocobolo. Again, available.

This Hunter wearing Walnut over EIRW came out really nice for an order. The other knife is a Scandi Ladyfinger wearing Burlap. Both for same order.

This Nessmuk came out really good. Hand rubbed and etched from spine to edge. Waterfall Bubinga handle!!! Avail.

Another Terassaur wearing black linen micarta with a penetrator tip. Avail.

Who cares what I just said. Please go learn about SuperBen, he needs the knifemaking community.

BLBK's. Avail. Spalting on steel came out excellent. Handles are lacewood, and Shadetree burlap.

Bow Legged Joe's for orders.

Runt wearing stabalized Maple crotch, and a 3 Finger Karda wearing stabalized Lacewood. Avail.

Those are looking great Andy. Wow.

Andy i will take the Big blade with the Ash and the Terrasure with Scandi grind/penertrator tip

Also seconds on your big chopper if the sale falls through.

pm sent on the snubnose.

Spf on those then. Thanks guys.

I think the hunter and ladyfinger are mine Now I will have to wait for shipping, it takes at least 2 weeks to get past customs into Canada.

Great to see you. Have you done any work with the materials you bought at BS? Why not post pics of your work here?!

Andy-
    I know you don't take orders so.... got any more hunters coming up?

Any 14" machetes coming up? Preferably in wood handles?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddleback View Post
    Check out this pretty Recluse. 5/32" thick 01 and tapered tang.

I also really like the Terrasaur, the Nessmuk, and the Karda.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

lawton Oklahoma- but im from the Pacific nw and hope to go home soon
    Grate looking knives. Was that the whole batch or just a few?

The only one I have finished and still here is this one. And yes I need a better Camera, this one sucks.

The knife is 9 1/2" total 5 1/8' blade 3 1/16 thick with black g-10 and stainless pins.

How is this looking for knife #4?

P.S. what wood is on that Recluse?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forgedblades; 09-22-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forgedblades View Post
    How is this looking for knife #4?
    Great job!
    If that's only your 4th knife than I really look forward to your future as a knife maker.

Thanks, But that does not include the ones in the junk pail,the ones that are half done but not quite up to par, and the spyderco mules that I have handled.

Andy, I believe I'm going to have to have that 3 Finger Karda as well. Please mark it as sold. PM/email sent.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Lovely new batch, Andy! Very, very nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information