Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Cramer Knives

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    One of my favourite patterns and you can't go wrong with one in ebony that's for sure! I might have asked for brass pins on it by way of contrast with the shield and bolster. Hope you do some more Teardrops soon as this looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by blades&grace View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. I made a teardrop a while back from this pattern but the order was for more of a custom feel. When Nick ordered this I was happy to oblige him! I really enjoyed making this one.

Thanks Charlie I was hoping this would catch your eye.
    How could it not?? It's a beauty, Brent!!
    To find my SFOs and the dealers who carry them, check my developing website at:
    www.waynorthcutlery.net

[IMG][/IMG]
    Honorary Guardian of the Lamb Foot.

Congrats! That's a really handsome knife you've made there.

I knew this knife might draw some attention, but I am really taken back by the kind responses. It's wonderful to get such quick feedback on the work that we do. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeHead View Post
    Great looking teardrop jack! The symetrical framed knives are a bit more difficult eh?
    You know Kerry, I had to fall back on some advice from the old dog on this one. The biggest problem is that my pattern is from a knife with end caps... so the end pin was not centered in the spring! Next time I'll make some adjustment on the end pin placement.... or just put end caps on it!

Find me on Facebook@ Brent D. Cramer Knives
    Thanks, Brent

Beautiful knife Brent!

Received this teardrop from Brent Cramer about a week ago and its an awesome knife. I first saw a sweet teardrop Brent made a while back and I contacted him right away to get on his list. I'm more than happy with this knife. The F/F is real clean, swedge is perfectly symmetrical on the CPM 154 blade which was ground real thin and sharp and the ceylon ebony is jet BLACK! Walk n talk is really smooth with phosphor bronze bushings. No edges from pins and shield that catch when I run my fingernails, smooth all over. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Brent nailed it! Its my first knife from him and I immediately got back on his list which was about 10 months back in Jan to 2 years currently! Brent is good people and real cool to work with too. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Thanks Brent for such a nice knife!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a lovely teardrop - everything works together. I really like that he used a more restrained, elegant version of the pattern. This is a shape that can get a bit cartoonish if exaggerated -- some of the old Remington teardrops reached "oh you've got to be kidding" proportions.

Nick, I'm sure you posted it somewhere, but what's the closed length of that teardrop?

Quote Originally Posted by wagglebee View Post
    Nick, I'm sure you posted it somewhere, but what's the closed length of that teardrop?
    Rob, it's 3 5/8" closed.

Quote Originally Posted by kai76 View Post
    Rob, it's 3 5/8" closed.
    Thanks Nick.

Man, that thing looks great. You nailed it, another perfect teardrop.
    WTB 2008 Tidioute GEC #252208 Purple Haze......
    & GEC 38 Lick Creeks.
    Order of Kai #1775.
    ~Randy

That is a sweet looking knife. I really love simple yet elegant knives like this one. I like it when the the craftsmanship talks more than the bells and whistles. I must say you nailed it.

Sorry I can't help but to show off this knife guys. Just a couple more pics taken with a buddy's camera. Did I say I love this Cramer TD??

Here's another Teardorop that went to a fellow forumite. It's basically the same as Nicks only it is in D-2 and has a modified fly cut Long Pull and Carbon Fiber scales.....

You know, the same ...only different! Ha! I make my self laugh!

Thanks for looking.

Find me on Facebook@ Brent D. Cramer Knives
    Thanks, Brent

Wow! Pass Go and collect accolades! That TD looks awesome! Congrats!

That is a real head-turner Brent! LOVE the carbon fiber.

That's nice Brent! A traditional pattern with a nu skool twist! That modified long pull looks good too. Mine has been in the pocket since I got it.

Great work, again Brent (and Happy New Year to you and your Family).
    Is this the year you decide to tackle a 2-blade ????????

Colin.

Now if that came in a kind of toffee coloured peach stone jig!!! I like the lines and the nail nick a lot. Hope you make more.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3757 View Post
    That is a sweet looking knife. I really love simple yet elegant knives like this one. I like it when the the craftsmanship talks more than the bells and whistles. I must say you nailed it.
    +1 to that. It's not that I'm turned off by bells and whistles, but I really like knives that are about simple elegance and great workmanship without being gaudy. I love to look at gaudy knives, don't get me wrong there, I just don't have much interest in bling for bling's sake. This knife is a perfect example of the type of custom work I like to own.

Brent, I think that carbon fiber goes very well on that pattern. Actually, I would probably like it on most patterns. A great mix of traditional design and modern materials. That fly cut long pull is pretty sweet, somewhat unusual and I like it a lot. - Ed

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information