Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1370

Thread: Kershaw Tilt...again.

  1. #1181
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oakland, MI
    Posts
    775

    ADVERTISEMENT
    nevermind, found it

  2. #1182
    deal spotting removed
    Last edited by Blues; 03-22-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: rules violation

  3. #1183
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,078
    Well played Leek Freak.

  4. #1184
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    59
    See how long they last.

  5. #1185
    Quote Originally Posted by Leek_Freak View Post
    I Bet a lot of people are glad people post these alerts. Helps with finding Quality knives.


    Cheers,
    Isaeus

  6. #1186
    And that is #2 for me. Gotta love this thread, it saves you $ if your the patient type.
    Last edited by masterj; 03-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.

  7. #1187
    I bet once Rickster gets this info, they'll be gone in a jiffy

  8. #1188
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    I hope I ordered one in time. Put it on the CC so I won't have to worry about the $ for a little bit longer = P

  9. #1189
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Thank you for ordering from Dealer!

    Order Number: XXX-1408XX
    Date Ordered: 03-14-2012

    Payment Type: Visa
    Card Ends in: XXXX-XXXX

    Item Qty Each Subtotal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kershaw Tilt Knife w/ Carbon Fiber (4" Composit 1 $269.00 $269.00
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subtotal: $269.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping and Handling: Free!
    Free Priority Shipping (4-7 Days)
    Grand Total: $269.00

  10. #1190
    Quote Originally Posted by Leek_Freak View Post
    I bet once Rickster gets this info, they'll be gone in a jiffy
    Haha not quite, bhq is rickster proof, according to the print, which probably no one reads while in the presence of the tilt, it says, 1 per customer or they'll cancel your order.

  11. #1191
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by masterj View Post
    Haha not quite, bhq is rickster proof, according to the print, which probably no one reads while in the presence of the tilt, it says, 1 per customer or they'll cancel your order.
    I'm so glad dealers are putting these restrictions on there. Can't stand it when people hoard stuff. It's one thing if it's honestly for collecting, which doesn't bug me that much, but it's the people buying these up just because they know they can screw over everyone else that kills me.

  12. #1192
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    I'm so glad dealers are putting these restrictions on there. Can't stand it when people hoard stuff. It's one thing if it's honestly for collecting, which doesn't bug me that much, but it's the people buying these up just because they know they can screw over everyone else that kills me.
    Since I don't know the reasons for a person wanting so much of the same knife, besides them liking the design enough to buy doubles, I can only speculate. But, it's just basic econ (S&d). There are many things in life we all wished to have abundance of but can't, same goes for knives. People want rare, prized, things because their valuable, this value increases, and for prestige and feeling of having such an item. If you can get more than 1, the better. Can't judge someone for that.

  13. #1193
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oakland, MI
    Posts
    775
    Biggest pet peeve!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    I'm so glad dealers are putting these restrictions on there. Can't stand it when people hoard stuff. It's one thing if it's honestly for collecting, which doesn't bug me that much, but it's the people buying these up just because they know they can screw over everyone else that kills me.

  14. #1194
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by masterj View Post
    Since I don't know the reasons for a person wanting so much of the same knife, besides them liking the design enough to buy doubles, I can only speculate. But, it's just basic econ (S&d). There are many things in life we all wished to have abundance of but can't, same goes for knives. People want rare, prized, things because their valuable, this value increases, and for prestige and feeling of having such an item. If you can get more than 1, the better. Can't judge someone for that.
    But the market for these things is pretty small. If we were talking about a very popular item I wouldn't be so down on it. But the only people being hurt by this is us, the guys posting in these threads and active members on the forums. 99.99999% of consumers out there wouldn't buy a tilt if it was $20, let alone $270. Buying a knife that is purposefully being sold at a cheaper price to allow enthusiasts to buy it, and then trying to flip it for $100-200 more is just being an a**hole.

  15. #1195
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    But the market for these things is pretty small. If we were talking about a very popular item I wouldn't be so down on it. But the only people being hurt by this is us, the guys posting in these threads and active members on the forums. 99.99999% of consumers out there wouldn't buy a tilt if it was $20, let alone $270. Buying a knife that is purposefully being sold at a cheaper price to allow enthusiasts to buy it, and then trying to flip it for $100-200 more is just being an a**hole.
    Of course it's being as you say an @$$hole, but that's just how things are. The reason everyone wants a tilt is because it is a popular item, it's a good knife for the money, and the market for them is actually bigger than what kershaw intends to supply. There are thousands of people who like knives, esp kershaw, but there are only going to be 1000 tilts, that's why the prices go up and it becomes lucrative to flip. People flip other knives as well even though their true market value is perhaps 300-500 you can see them go for 700-1000+ on this same forum (I'm sure you know what I'm referring to), and no one complains there. I get what you mean, everyone should get one of these knives, but the reality is they can't. It's just unfair like that, always has been, always will be. It is upsetting but it is what it is.

  16. #1196
    And they are...gone. again.

  17. #1197
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by masterj View Post
    Of course it's being as you say an @$$hole, but that's just how things are. The reason everyone wants a tilt is because it is a popular item, it's a good knife for the money, and the market for them is actually bigger than what kershaw intends to supply. There are thousands of people who like knives, esp kershaw, but there are only going to be 1000 tilts, that's why the prices go up and it becomes lucrative to flip. People flip other knives as well even though their true market value is perhaps 300-500 you can see them go for 700-1000+ on this same forum (I'm sure you know what I'm referring to), and no one complains there. I get what you mean, everyone should get one of these knives, but the reality is they can't. It's just unfair like that, always has been, always will be. It is upsetting but it is what it is.
    Well luckily I won't have to worry about that now as I have one on the way to me now

  18. #1198
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    Well luckily I won't have to worry about that now as I have one on the way to me now

    Welcome to the club.

    -cheers

  19. #1199
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    I'm so glad dealers are putting these restrictions on there. Can't stand it when people hoard stuff. It's one thing if it's honestly for collecting, which doesn't bug me that much, but it's the people buying these up just because they know they can screw over everyone else that kills me.
    Ha, are you kidding me. You have almost as many as I do dude

  20. #1200
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by kershawguy View Post
    Ha, are you kidding me. You have almost as many as I do dude
    hey a guy can have one right? Hopefully ill have mine by next week.

Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •