Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2451

Thread: Death Chat!!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump Buster View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Been a while.... I was wondering if any of you were planning on going to the Western States Traditional Archery Rendezvous at Rancho Neblina in Petaluma during Memorial Day Weekend (May 26-28)?
    Can't make it out, but have fun and good luck!! Pretty sure MtnFolk Mike will be there though since he and the family are into archery. Super fun stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmejr View Post
    I bought a punch and die from knifekits but it doesnt work very well. Im better off getting the die that works with an arbor press like yours.
    It takes getting used, but I've done half a dozen knives and even a short sword with the same kit. Wouldn't even be able to tell it was done with punch and die. However I do screw up a lot and have to remove it with pliers and redo it...it's a pain in the ass and probably isn't worth your time but it's doable if you practice your hammering lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HikingMano View Post

Damn, this weekend's weather was incredible. Forgot my P&S at home yesterday, so here are just a few iPhone (4, wish I had the 4s...) pics from a little stroll.

Wilder Ranch State Park, CA

Russ, that's amazing with an iphone 4!!! I couldn't do that with nice DSLR.

Those hand setting dies are fine if you do a few rivets here and there. But I would highly suggest a good set of dies for the arbor press if you are considering even doing it semi-regularly.

great pics Russ.. last weekend sure was beautiful.. we were stuck indoors, with our boys basketball games.. my older son's team went to the championships, they came in 2nd.. it was fun to watch..

Quote Originally Posted by Stump Buster View Post
    Hey Guys,

Been a while.... I was wondering if any of you were planning on going to the Western States Traditional Archery Rendezvous at Rancho Neblina in Petaluma during Memorial Day Weekend (May 26-28)? I'm hoping to get a good group together and I already have my wife, dad, dogs and a couple buddies and their families committed. There is room for dry camping and the shoot lasts 3 days with 90 stages if I remember correctly. There are also side matches, Archery Golf, vendors, raffles and other prizes. Heck just come and watch me make a fool out of myself by getting psyched out by the foam turkey targets and trying to shoot my longbow consistantly...that is entertainment enough!!!

Here's a link with contact info for Marilyn... http://www.tbcarchery.com/events.html

Hope to see you guys up here...It should be a blast!!!

Take Care Fellas,

Mike

yo Mike.. my family and the crew from our area, should definitely be there.. we have been going to the Dutra's Rancho Neblina shoot for many years.. drop me a line if you're ever around Santa Cruz.. we can do some shooting.. i actually have a new bow enroute to me as we speak..

we are also heading to the Chamberlin Ranch shoot in April (14-15).. outside of Los Olivos..

Mike
    Last edited by mtnfolk mike; 03-06-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Danner has some boots on clearance, combat hiker is $50 for a $300 boot. Good luck.

http://www.hitthebreakroom.com/50-co...ary-boots.html

only size 6 1/2 7 71/2

They have more wide and extra wide sizes but not sure how those would fit on narrow feet.

Thanks for the heads up. That was a great deal if they have your size. I ordered a pair I am very happy with my Rocky S2V Boots but I couldn't pass up a good deal. I suppose they will be my new work boots.
    Last edited by Ban; 03-10-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Yeah, I couldnt pass it up either. They only had Xwide in my size so we will see how that goes. Shouldnt be hard getting rid of them or returning them.

Hey Ban, just wanted to drop in and say, your knives look awesome.

Shit hot, my man, shit hot!

Cleaning out my drawer the other day and found a few folders that have been sitting there. Sold a few and decided to play around with this little spyderco cricket. I changed the shallow hollow saber grind to more of a higher flat saber grind. Also, changed up the handle and blade profile a bit. Will probably keep this in one of my jacket pockets.

Nice mod, always liked how you deploy that knife.

Here's my dinner for tonight, gf had it ready for me when I got home from the gym.

Looks good Ban!

Yeah, nice grind!

Huy, that looks delicious. Kudos to your girl for cookin it up for ya

Damn, I need to find me a women that will have dinner for me when I get home! BTW, the food looks yummy

I'm home for a few days, just in time for the return of sunny skies after all the rain they've been getting.

Perfect timing! Have a good time!

Nice! That is a contrast to our much needed wet weather here in the bay area.

Yeah, haha, I said the very same thing when I shared this pic in the w&ss outdoor pic thread

Hasnt rained much at all down here in San Jose. All the rain has been dropping in Santa Cruz mts and we just get cloud cover.

Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast

Thread Information