Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do ya think ?

Exclamation What do ya think ?

ADVERTISEMENT
    This is the design that I've asked Dylan to make for me, not set on a name yet but maybe the ' Jornada ','Bossloper ' or ' Bone Picker '. I think it's gonna make a great all rounder !

By pitdog2010 at 2010-11-22

Last edited by pitdog; 11-23-2010 at 07:32 PM.

You should call this one 'Biff'
    Nice one Pitdog, I like it!

Dude, you should clean the rust off that knife, it looks like cardboard

Looks REAL versitile, and a real bruiser. I think its a go, I like it.

Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

Very nice design. Looking forward to seeing it come alive.
    Someday is today. Make your life count; don't just count the days.
    Proud Supporter of JK knives #2

I can't wait to get started on this. Looks like a great design. Might have to make one for me too.

A great design Pit, I can't wait to see Dylans make it . I'm still betting that Pit keeps looking for the perfect knife even though he already has some great Ones . it's the natue=re of the beast .
    Everyman is wild at heart everyman. .

looks good Pit, what steel are you thinking about using for it

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullets View Post
    looks good Pit, what steel are you thinking about using for it
    Steel ? What's wrong with the cardboard ???

Not sure buddy, whatever Dylan decides...think he mainly uses O1 and A2.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdog View Post
    Steel ? What's wrong with the cardboard ???

Not sure buddy, whatever Dylan decides...think he mainly uses O1 and A2.
    nothing wrong with carboard, he will be able to heat treat it in his toaster that i a slick design, looking forward to seeing the finished product

We'll be using O-1 for that baby. That's still my favorite steel. Plus I think I'm done with A-2. I still like 1095 a lot and 5160, but O-1 is my favorite. I'm having a hard time finding a stainless I want to start using. (in addition to all the carbon I'll keep primarily using)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylside View Post
    We'll be using O-1 for that baby. That's still my favorite steel. Plus I think I'm done with A-2. I still like 1095 a lot and 5160, but O-1 is my favorite. I'm having a hard time finding a stainless I want to start using. (in addition to all the carbon I'll keep primarily using)
    O1 sounds perfect !

Why bother trying to find a stainless when good old high Carbon works so well !!!

Looks epic.
    One question I have - Will a chest lever cut still work with the extended lanyard/tang thing going?

Looks like a great design, but I think it should be called !Scary Quail! I challenge you to come up with a better name.

Quote Originally Posted by gerberbmf View Post
    Looks epic.
    One question I have - Will a chest lever cut still work with the extended lanyard/tang thing going?
    Yeah the tang might dig in a little, can't really imagine it being so bad as to stop you using this technique though.
    Last edited by pitdog; 11-24-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeephat View Post
    Looks like a great design, but I think it should be called !Scary Quail! I challenge you to come up with a better name.
    Scary Quail would be a good pick after that thread eh !

Think I'm gonna go with the Bone Picker for this though.

To the old mountain men a Bone Picker was A despised human scavenger.....however when ya think about it the Scavengers of the world are the true survivors. Take Hyena's, Crow's and Cockroaches, creatures such as these would probably be the last to die out in a SHTF scenario because they are lifes scavengers and always seem to adapt and find something on which to feed ! So Bone Picker sounds fitting for a survival knife eh !

Quote Originally Posted by pitdog View Post
    Scary Quail would be a good pick after that thread eh !

Think I'm gonna go with the Bone Picker for this though.

To the old mountain men a Bone Picker was A despised human scavenger.....however when ya think about it the Scavengers of the world are the true survivors. Take Hyena's, Crow's and Cockroaches, creatures such as these would probably be the last to die out in a SHTF scenario because they are lifes scavengers and always seem to adapt and find something on which to feed ! So Bone Picker sounds fitting for a survival knife eh !
    That is funny that you say that. When I was in the Army I was in 3/73 Charlie Company Airborne Armory unit. Divison decides to name all tracks and vehicles, So we had to come up with a name that started with C. Everyone was using these hardcore names Combat, Ciller, and so on. I was the Lt.'s driver, I look at him and tell him we ought to name ours the Cockroach. He laughed and looked disgusted at the same time, said he wasn't naming his track after no nasty a$$ insect. I said Sir think about it, when the SHTF what do you think the very last thing crawling around on this earth is going to be? He thought about it for a second and then said Cockroach it is! Everyone said the same thing everytime Cockroach! Then we would explain and they would think it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge-Runner View Post
    That is funny that you say that. When I was in the Army I was in 3/73 Charlie Company Airborne Armory unit. Divison decides to name all tracks and vehicles, So we had to come up with a name that started with C. Everyone was using these hardcore names Combat, Ciller, and so on. I was the Lt.'s driver, I look at him and tell him we ought to name ours the Cockroach. He laughed and looked disgusted at the same time, said he wasn't naming his track after no nasty a$$ insect. I said Sir think about it, when the SHTF what do you think the very last thing crawling around on this earth is going to be? He thought about it for a second and then said Cockroach it is! Everyone said the same thing everytime Cockroach! Then we would explain and they would think it was cool.

I love it Pit, great job!
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives

For Sale: JK Camp Knife, an edc, and an ugly little skinner

Yup,looks BA.
    How about the Delta P?
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

CANCER SUCKS!

My buddy came round tonight and I had him hold the cardboard template, he said how cool it was and he ain't even a knife fan !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information