Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Schatt & Morgan Heritage Series

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13

ADVERTISEMENT
    Very excited to see these, hoping they will be top quality.

Wow, the 1911 prices sure do look outstanding! I'm loving those at $6 per dozen. I'm looking forward to seeing these on the streets.
    "We'll take two chicken pot pies"
    ~Randy

Wow, what a great opportunity for Queen and for us.
    Please Queen, strive for consistency and a build quality like the originals and then price them accordingly. If these turn out with the quality these patterns deserve, we will buy them ! If you 'flub' it, we all will loose.
    roland

Ebony is the best.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by oeser View Post
    I already have a weakness for ebony and those look very promising. One question though, and it may be a bit premature or unknown right now. Will these have a "clean" blade like the old renderings show? I am not a big fan of all the etching on the blades that Schatt and Morgan is famous for. If so, I'm in some big trouble here.
    Different Strokes!
    I'm hoping they deep etch them with things like
    "TEAMSTER'S PRIDE", and "PENN'S WOODS KNIFE"!!
    A 2014 Stag BF Jack in everyone's pocket!

What could be better?

I'm really hoping to see some patterns in candy stripe celluloid. I missed out on Charlie's Harness release 3 from Schatt and been bummed about it ever since. I think a lot of these older patterns look great in the candy.

Quote Originally Posted by waynorth View Post
    Different Strokes!
    I'm hoping they deep etch them with things like
    "TEAMSTER'S PRIDE", and "PENN'S WOODS KNIFE"!!
    Nooooo, . . . you're killin' me here.
    - Jared
    joeserknives.com
    Follow me on Facebook at J. Oeser Custom Knives

Well, nuts. I hope they don't come out looking that good. I could be in some real trouble if they do.

Just in case, I guess I better start saving my money now.

Knives made to those old, old patterns are show stoppers for me. Those might be on the must have list.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Blues View Post
    That is while you're conscious... (Just kidding, brother. )
    Thats o.k... The way my memory is getting, I'll have forgotten what I looked at in a day or two

Mike WTB - Benchmade Ritter S30V Mini Griptilian & Mini Griptilian scales

R.I.P Bill ( Maniacal Pete ) I only wish there was something we could have done to help...

Quote Originally Posted by MHill View Post
    I'm really hoping to see some patterns in candy stripe celluloid. I missed out on Charlie's Harness release 3 from Schatt and been bummed about it ever since. I think a lot of these older patterns look great in the candy.
    Here is a little teaser for you MHill Charlie's #3 in candy

I got the 2 catalogs a few months back and most are handled in wood, bone & some higher end gentlemens knives in pearl. (In the `08 catalog) They show just 2 pages with cell handles, except for the straight razors, all with black celluloid or transparent with advertising.
    I look forward also to the cattlemans/ punch releases.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by knowtracks View Post
    Here is a little teaser for you MHill Charlie's #3 in candy

I got the 2 catalogs a few months back and most are handled in wood, bone & some higher end gentlemens knives in pearl. (In the `08 catalog) They show just 2 pages with cell handles, except for the straight razors, all with black celluloid or transparent with advertising.
    I look forward also to the cattlemans/ punch releases.

Dave
    Dave, thanks for posting the harness. I have made it a priority to find myself one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by navihawk View Post
    Ebony is the best.
    s'true

looking forward to these

(I to was running around folornly trying to nab one of them candystripes)

Dave, thanks for posting the harness. I have made it a priority to find myself one of those.

Good luck in your quest MHill That particular knife was only 1 of 16 but from what I have been told there were 2 different batches of celluloid. 1 of which off gased So I don't know how many remain...less than 16 thats for sure! Perhaps our northern connection will chime in???

Dave
    Last edited by knowtracks; 01-16-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Dave, it's fun looking, that's for sure. I'm starting to find myself looking at some of the stripped materials. The candy stripe harness being number 1. I'm also finding myself very fond of Case's glitter stripe material. I'm not a big Case fan and have only kept one, my 6445, but I'm also try and find a sowbelly glitter stripe.

I think this heritage series could be a big hit with some of these different materials.

[QUOTE=waynorth;9132724]Queen has an interesting plan in the works - they are going to take a page out of an old Schatt & Morgan catalog 1903 or 1908, and reproduce the knives! I can't count the number of times I've thought "Gee, it would be nice to have one each of these old knives", when I've been doing some perusing myself!!

HERE'S THE REPLACEMENT PICTURE!!

I've also put it in the OP.

What could be better?

Dave, it's fun looking, that's for sure. I'm starting to find myself looking at some of the stripped materials. The candy stripe harness being number 1. I'm also finding myself very fond of Case's glitter stripe material. I'm not a big Case fan and have only kept one, my 6445, but I'm also try and find a sowbelly glitter stripe.

I think this heritage series could be a big hit with some of these different materials.
    The Harness Jack I kept was from the bad batch, so I had to re-handle it! (Sniff!). Looks like it will be tough to find one!

What could be better?

Nail nicks on the same side

That 2blade has interesting jigging, looks almost like Ram's Horn

Those look very nice!! All three handle choices are very classic. Any info on length of these three?

Oh, and Charlie, guess you'll have to find somebody to etch "TEAMSTER'S PRIDE" on the blade for you . . .
    - Jared
    joeserknives.com
    Follow me on Facebook at J. Oeser Custom Knives

Quote Originally Posted by waynorth View Post
    I just ordered those Catalog repros. Can't wait!!
    It would be interesting to see them do the Harness Jack page!! Here's one from 1911. It's page 21 in that catalog.
    Was the second HJ you commissioned from Queen a reproduction of No. 1149? I'm talking about this knife.

I'm really excited about the Heritage Series. When Queen puts their mind to it they can produce a first class knife.

- Christian
    Last edited by kamagong; 01-18-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Oh, WOW!!! Those are really going to be special if your picture is typical of the knives. I'm going to keep an eye out for them.

Ed

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information