Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1648

Thread: What watch do you wear?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    Belvidere, NJ
    Posts
    1,504

    ADVERTISEMENT
    Seiko Samurai.
    I've owned several high end watches including:
    - Rolex Submariner
    - Omega Seamaster Pro Bond
    - IWC Fliegerchrono
    - IWC Ingenieur
    This Samurai is by far my favorite, and cost a fraction
    of the others.
    Fit and finish is equally on par with the Rolex and Omega, slightly less than the IWC's.
    It's also the most accurate watch I've ever owned; +2 sec/day.
    The pic is how it came. I now have it on a nice thick leather strap
    with white stitching.
    Lenny


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,443
    Seiko Pepsi 10BAR


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California, northern
    Posts
    650

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    907
    Orient Planet Orient.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,812
    I'm a watch nut and own a some Seiko's, that's my favourite brand. Also some Russian watches and vintage watches. Currently I'm wearing a Sekonda.



    My favourite is this Seiko SKX023.


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tampa 'Burbs
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shann View Post
    I have some kind of a Timex, ironman type of watch, which is really funny since I haven't worked out since september.

    Can one of you watch gurus tell me what those little watch faces inside the big watch face are for? Are they different time zones, date,, etc?

    Maybe a stupid question, but like I say "there are no stupid questions . . . just stupid people who ask questions"
    These are referred to as subdials. They can serve many different functions (also known as complications). They can display the day, date, or month, as in the case of a master calendar. They can also show a second time zone or military time (24-hour scale). Sometimes, they just track seconds.

    More commonly though, they are part of a chronograph complication which measures elapsed time. It's basically a stop watch. In this case the subdials generally display hours, minutes, seconds, and in some cases fractions of a second. Some measure as little as 30 minutes of elapsed time, while others, like yacht timers, measure upwards of 12 hours.

    I hope this helps!

    -Jay
    Last edited by DOOMSLAYER; 01-27-2011 at 11:51 AM.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Bluegrass state
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Esav Benyamin View Post
    Seiko Black Monster. Got tired of digital with crowded displays, worrying about banging them around and getting them wet.

    I keep looking at those big SAR jobs, really really nice watches.
    Seiko black monster here also with the SS bracelet. I love the watch and find the minutes bezel very handy timing various events, especially when grilling out.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I like that Samurai, and I noticed they made a blue titanium version. Wish I knew about it earlier, they're discontinued now.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I live in Fairfax, Vermont
    Posts
    67
    Thanks for the replys. Looks like sekio is the most common watch on these forums.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tampa 'Burbs
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by barcbsa View Post
    These are my current ones. Usually switch what I'm wearing every few days. Missing from the pic is my Omega Seamaster Pro in titanium.

    Colock-wise from top left:
    Omega Seamaster Pro chron in stainless
    Tutima FX chrono
    Omega Seamaster Pro chrono in titanium, tantalum, and 18k gold.
    Rolex Datejust in stainless
    Rolex GMT Master II in stainless & 18k gold
    Sinn 756 in tegmented stainless



    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...veswatches.jpg
    That Sinn is gorgeous! The others are just so pedestrian.

    -Jay

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    Belvidere, NJ
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by kamagong View Post
    I like that Samurai, and I noticed they made a blue titanium version. Wish I knew about it earlier, they're discontinued now.
    They pop up now and then on Flea Bay.
    But they really fetch a premium.
    Personally, I like the hands on the SS version better than those on the Ti.
    To each his own.
    BTW, they also made a white dial version which I owned before the black one.
    Beautiful watch, but there was no contrast between the polished hands and white dial.
    It was almost impossible to tell time in the daytime.
    At night, it's a different matter completely.
    You can use the lume on this watch as a flashlight!
    Lenny

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcharles View Post
    Citizen Eco-Drive SkyHawk
    +1 in titanium

  13. #53
    Old stainless sapphire crystal swiss army , Tag-Heuer Aqua Racer Automatic. I ve been checking out the MK II semi-customs and have to say thats alot of bang for the buck.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TX, USA
    Posts
    761
    Luminox 3081 Blackout
    United States Air Force - Above All

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by kamagong View Post
    I like that Samurai, and I noticed they made a blue titanium version. Wish I knew about it earlier, they're discontinued now.
    I saw one this morning for sale, they're still available but they are pulling a premium compared to the white model for example (which was half the price). The Ti version I've had my eye on a while.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ft. Liquordale, Florida
    Posts
    3,027

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Metropolitan Brandon Vermont
    Posts
    4,225
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOMSLAYER View Post
    These are referred to as subdials. They can serve many different functions (also known as complications). They can display the day, date, or month, as in the case of a master calendar. They can also show a second time zone or military time (24-hour scale). Sometimes, they just track seconds.

    More commonly though, they are part of a chronograph complication which measures elapsed time. It's basically a stop watch. In this case the subdials generally display hours, minutes, seconds, and in some cases fractions of a second. Some measure as little as 30 minutes of elapsed time, while others, like yacht timers, measure upwards of 12 hours.

    I hope this helps!

    -Jay

    Thank You! Makes things more understandable.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Tennessee
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by barcbsa View Post
    These are my current ones. Usually switch what I'm wearing every few days. Missing from the pic is my Omega Seamaster Pro in titanium.

    Colock-wise from top left:
    Omega Seamaster Pro chron in stainless
    Tutima FX chrono
    Omega Seamaster Pro chrono in titanium, tantalum, and 18k gold.
    Rolex Datejust in stainless
    Rolex GMT Master II in stainless & 18k gold
    Sinn 756 in tegmented stainless




    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...veswatches.jpg
    Sorry for my question, but what kind of knives are these and who makes them? I havent seen anything quite like these. BTW, I wear one of three Seikos (Orange,Black Monsters, SKX007), a Marathon TSAR, Old Luminox Seal,Marathon Pilot. and my newest watch is a Lum-Tec Combat B-15.
    [B]"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Overland Park Kansas
    Posts
    1,541
    Seiko 5

    Ms. Jenkins!!!!------- Flip the switch to begin the conquest------- of Eaaaarrrttthhh!!!

    ---Jim

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    3,179
    Some kind of Swiss Army and a Wittnauer. The Witt was in the lost and found box at work with a ruined band and a dead battery. It sat there for close to a year, I think. I claimed it, put a new band and battery on it and still wear it to work. I've had it for years now. The Swiss Army also ended up in the lost and found box at work. It sat there for God knows how long with a dead battery and a thrashed band. I claimed that one, too. I wear it whenever I'm out and about. Considering they only cost me bands and batteries I think I came out way ahead.

    In my 20s I had a Daffy Duck and a Goofy watch that both ran counter clockwise. They were fun. Wish I still had 'em.

    Frank

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •