Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: What watch do you wear?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Mine is a luminox night diver stainless steel case model,everybody tells me its a piece of junk,i've had irt for 9 years,its worked flawlessly,and its still going on the same battery and keeping perfect time,9 years on the same battery,yes i'm serious.

2. I wear a Seiko SKX173 with a super oyster bracelet.

A large database of knife reviews.

Marathon GSAR

my backup, an old Zodiac GMT
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" R.W.Emerson
    RATPACK #37

I currently am wearing a Sinn U1.

Love my TSAR and wear it most of the time.
    I got a Seiko Starfish last week and been wearing it.I also have a Marathon Navigator and Swiss Army Dive Master 500.

i8aporkchopu812 inducted Blade Show 2008
    Jeff Smith
    Skull lanyards for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...knife-lanyards

Monkey fists for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...6#post13041766

I have a number of watches but this is what's currently on my wrist...

I had 4 watches that I rotated around, but found that I never wore my Breitling, G-Shock, or Suunto, so I sold those 3 and just kept my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 since it was getting all my wrist-time. I love it. It does every occasion. I wear it to work (office environment), on the weekends with jeans, on any vacations, and to the beach.

I just got back from Bahamas last night, and took these shots on the beach:

Yesterday I had two watches in rotation until my beater atomic solar Seiko’s battery died and would no longer charge after four years of use. I checked my local Walmart for the replacement and there was none in stock. If I won’t be able to find one soon, I think it’s a good reason to get another beater watch.
    My other watch is a Breitling Superocean that my wife let me get for our year wedding anniversary.
    I did a bit of a research before I went with this model and my local authorized dealer was able to order one with a thirty percent discount. Despite the size and the weight of the watch (it has 5mm thick crystal) it wears very comfortably on my rather small wrist, I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine0000 View Post
    I had 4 watches that I rotated around, but found that I never wore my Breitling, G-Shock, or Suunto, so I sold those 3 and just kept my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 since it was getting all my wrist-time. I love it. It does every occasion. I wear it to work (office environment), on the weekends with jeans, on any vacations, and to the beach.
    I have handled this watch in person and it's a marvelous time piece, simple yet elegant it's my Omega's favorite design and like you said it would match well any dress code. If I ever get another expensive watch it would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by rookie4real View Post
    I have handled this watch in person and it's a marvelous time piece, simple yet elegant it's my Omega's favorite design and like you said it would match well any dress code. If I ever get another expensive watch it would be it.
    Unfortunately, this particular model was discontinued about a year ago. So you'd have to find it in the used market somewhere Unless you wanted to go with a re-designed newer model...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHills View Post
    I have a number of watches but this is what's currently on my wrist...

You, my friend, have VERY good taste...
    Wm. Fisher
    Rochester, NY
    williamkevinfisher@gmail.com

I was BORN AGAIN on May 3rd, 2008. No, I didn't find religion, I found RETIREMENT !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barcbsa View Post
    You, my friend, have VERY good taste...
    Thank you kindly.

Tissot T-Touch Stainless now

I love the Marathons, but am I the only one that thinks they are a little overpriced? Aside from their relative rarity, I can't figure out what justifies these prices? $500 for a non-Tritium, quartz version. And an additional $225 for the bracelet. Really?

-Jay

Quote Originally Posted by DOOMSLAYER View Post
    I love the Marathons, but am I the only one that thinks they are a little overpriced? Aside from their relative rarity, I can't figure out what justifies these prices? $500 for a non-Tritium, quartz version. And an additional $225 for the bracelet. Really?

-Jay
    I don't agree. If for some reason my TSAR was lost or broken, I would be another in a heartbeat. Do I wish they were cheaper? Of course.

As for your prices, I think your thinking of the JSAR. Which is the bigger brother of the TSAR/GSAR. The TSAR is the Quartz/Tritium smaller version, it sells for $475 + $170 for the bracelet. BTW, the bracelet is worth every penny!

not sure on the cost for all the different models of Marathons but I bought my GSAR for $500 BNIB, they are usually around $700. If I were to lose my watch I would pay $700 in the blink of an eye for another. For a Swiss Auto Movement with Tritium, Sapphire crystal and solid stainless case built like a tank you're not going to find a much better deal, imo.

Also, lot's of great watches in here guys
    Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts .....?
    WTB GEC Black Bullnose with Redneck Pivot! GEC Radio Knife! Scagel Folder #1or#11<--Click Here If You Have One!
    BCCI Lifetime Member #2151 & Proud supporter of JK Knives #47

I have several. This is my current regular:

Hamilton Jazzmaster (Quartz).

This thread is dangerous.

Must. Stop. Envy.

I'm wearing a simple Seiko '5' auto. Top quality, very inexpensive. My fave is my Kreiger auto. I love arabic numerals, but not exclusively.

I think I'll take a few shots. (Don't expect my knife quality shots.) Back later....

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891
    • 2014 Website - Below • SBC on Facebook

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread Information