Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What watch do you wear?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Mine is a luminox night diver stainless steel case model,everybody tells me its a piece of junk,i've had irt for 9 years,its worked flawlessly,and its still going on the same battery and keeping perfect time,9 years on the same battery,yes i'm serious.

I wear a Seiko SKX173 with a super oyster bracelet.

A large database of knife reviews.

Marathon GSAR

my backup, an old Zodiac GMT
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" R.W.Emerson
    RATPACK #37

I currently am wearing a Sinn U1.

Love my TSAR and wear it most of the time.
    I got a Seiko Starfish last week and been wearing it.I also have a Marathon Navigator and Swiss Army Dive Master 500.

i8aporkchopu812 inducted Blade Show 2008
    Jeff Smith
    Skull lanyards for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...Skull-Lanyards

Monkey fists for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...6#post13041766

I have a number of watches but this is what's currently on my wrist...

Make a list of things that make you happy. Make a list of things that you do every day. Compare the lists. Adjust accordingly.

I had 4 watches that I rotated around, but found that I never wore my Breitling, G-Shock, or Suunto, so I sold those 3 and just kept my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 since it was getting all my wrist-time. I love it. It does every occasion. I wear it to work (office environment), on the weekends with jeans, on any vacations, and to the beach.

I just got back from Bahamas last night, and took these shots on the beach:

Yesterday I had two watches in rotation until my beater atomic solar Seiko’s battery died and would no longer charge after four years of use. I checked my local Walmart for the replacement and there was none in stock. If I won’t be able to find one soon, I think it’s a good reason to get another beater watch.
    My other watch is a Breitling Superocean that my wife let me get for our year wedding anniversary.
    I did a bit of a research before I went with this model and my local authorized dealer was able to order one with a thirty percent discount. Despite the size and the weight of the watch (it has 5mm thick crystal) it wears very comfortably on my rather small wrist, I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine0000 View Post
    I had 4 watches that I rotated around, but found that I never wore my Breitling, G-Shock, or Suunto, so I sold those 3 and just kept my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 since it was getting all my wrist-time. I love it. It does every occasion. I wear it to work (office environment), on the weekends with jeans, on any vacations, and to the beach.
    I have handled this watch in person and it's a marvelous time piece, simple yet elegant it's my Omega's favorite design and like you said it would match well any dress code. If I ever get another expensive watch it would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by rookie4real View Post
    I have handled this watch in person and it's a marvelous time piece, simple yet elegant it's my Omega's favorite design and like you said it would match well any dress code. If I ever get another expensive watch it would be it.
    Unfortunately, this particular model was discontinued about a year ago. So you'd have to find it in the used market somewhere Unless you wanted to go with a re-designed newer model...

Quote Originally Posted by barcbsa View Post
    You, my friend, have VERY good taste...
    Thank you kindly.
    Make a list of things that make you happy. Make a list of things that you do every day. Compare the lists. Adjust accordingly.

Tissot T-Touch Stainless now

I love the Marathons, but am I the only one that thinks they are a little overpriced? Aside from their relative rarity, I can't figure out what justifies these prices? $500 for a non-Tritium, quartz version. And an additional $225 for the bracelet. Really?

-Jay

Quote Originally Posted by DOOMSLAYER View Post
    I love the Marathons, but am I the only one that thinks they are a little overpriced? Aside from their relative rarity, I can't figure out what justifies these prices? $500 for a non-Tritium, quartz version. And an additional $225 for the bracelet. Really?

-Jay
    I don't agree. If for some reason my TSAR was lost or broken, I would be another in a heartbeat. Do I wish they were cheaper? Of course.

As for your prices, I think your thinking of the JSAR. Which is the bigger brother of the TSAR/GSAR. The TSAR is the Quartz/Tritium smaller version, it sells for $475 + $170 for the bracelet. BTW, the bracelet is worth every penny!

not sure on the cost for all the different models of Marathons but I bought my GSAR for $500 BNIB, they are usually around $700. If I were to lose my watch I would pay $700 in the blink of an eye for another. For a Swiss Auto Movement with Tritium, Sapphire crystal and solid stainless case built like a tank you're not going to find a much better deal, imo.

Also, lot's of great watches in here guys

I have several. This is my current regular:

Hamilton Jazzmaster (Quartz).

This thread is dangerous.

Must. Stop. Envy.

I'm wearing a simple Seiko '5' auto. Top quality, very inexpensive. My fave is my Kreiger auto. I love arabic numerals, but not exclusively.

I think I'll take a few shots. (Don't expect my knife quality shots.) Back later....

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891
    • NEW 2016 Website • SBC on Facebook

Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information