Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: DPx HEST Folder Blade Setting

ADVERTISEMENT
    Thanks Whitty, good to see that fixed the issue.
    I live in the 909.

I believe RYP said they would send you the pin if you prefer to change it out yourself.

Whitty

"We can either send it out to you or you can send the HEST in to us and we will pay the standard postage both ways" RYP

Yep he did!

Shipping the correct pin aferwards (or even with the production models in a little baggie or something) seems easy enough. But the correct pins may not even exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1 View Post
    Shipping the correct pin aferwards (or even with the production models in a little baggie or something) seems easy enough. But the correct pins may not even exist yet.
    True, but if it was really that easy to modify the existing pin, I might just do that instead of waiting for the smaller one.

49 members viewing this thread right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ans7812 View Post
    True, but if it was really that easy to modify the existing pin, I might just do that instead of waiting for the smaller one.
    For a $50 folder, I'll file a pin down to make things sit right. For a $175 folder I shoulden't be taking anything apart.

I understand where you're coming from though.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post

Hope this helps everyone feel better about the idea of a new smaller stop pin. It should fix the problem and have no ill effects on the knife what so ever.

Whitty

Thank you.
    WTB: HINDERER POND SCUM SCALE

#733 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

If this changed the lock up it is such a small amount of change that I can not tell.

Whitty
    Did you file the pin all the way around? If you only filed one spot it would let it sit down farther without affecting the lockup at all.

Filed both sides to make sure it would not effect lock up. I did not file the whole way around because it did not make any since and it was a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by RYP View Post

The final 250 will be shipped this week. I want everyone to have them in their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ans7812 View Post
    Can you clarify this please? Does that mean you are shipping the knives whether or not the tip is protruding?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThievesLikeUs View Post
    Also when do the production versions plan on shipping.
    Robert,
    Are you able to answer these two queations right now or is it too early?
    -Jon
    Looking For Charlows and GEC 85's

We used to play for silver now we play for life. And one's for sport, and one's for blood at the point of a knife.

Filed both sides to make sure it would not effect lock up. I did not file the whole way around because it did not make any since and it was a pain in the ass.
    Good job, I'll probably do this too. Thanks for finding out for certain what the fix needs to be. I think I'll try with stones instead of a file. I can wait for a new pin in the mail, but right now I'm still waiting for my sterile rh.

The 250 are going out, most have been sent So far I think only one MIA. The Production models are not going out until they are reviewed. Those folks that have concerns are going to have their knives they way they want them. What that will be is a mix of solutions that we are putting together. But as I have said before that is up to the individual knife owner. Some are happy knowing that there is no pressure to do anything, and have plenty of time to get to know their HEST and when they are ready, have it tuned up, tweaked and the way they like it. Some may want a simple fix and some may want to return the blade. Either way we have never veered from the total support of our customers satisfaction or the idea that this is a long term relationship.

The 250 are going out, most have been sent So far I think only one MIA.
    It seems there are quite a few that haven't gone out.

MIA makes me nervous.
    "A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets"

No "KIA" should make you nervous. "MIA" just means it was sent but not delivered. Its snowing we shall see. Another batch going out today

What # is MIA? I also did not get tracking # yet. I was told that mine will be #156.

RYP, again I ask, is a longer blade one of the solutions you are proposing?

No "KIA" should make you nervous. "MIA" just means it was sent but not delivered. Its snowing we shall see. Another batch going out today
    I guess that's true. Here's hoping mine goes out today.

FYI: The phone number on your website is no good. The operator says its been disconnected.
    "A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets"

OHHH mabe i'll get a tracking number tonight ! any chance there the RH sterile LE ?

I am hoping mine goes out and shows this week, I am out of town the next two weeks. Can't stand thinking of my blade delivered finally and me not getting my hands on it!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information