Page 260 of 263 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263 LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5256

Thread: New ZT/Hinderer Flipper is Coming!!!0560/0561

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTideShooter View Post
    Yes, the pattern on the 0560 has changed very subtlety. I am going to the knife shop on Monday, I will take a couple comparison shots.

The pattern on the new ones look almost exactly like the pattern which is on the Ti side. It almost looks like maybe they knocked some of the peaks off of the original pattern, leaving behind a different look. It could be a whole new pattern, or it could be machined down original pattern. I'll let y'all decide when I get the comparison vid.
    The pattern is the same, but previously we were cutting the pattern with a 0.125" ball end mill on the front scale, and a 0.25" ball end mill on the titanium. We are now cutting both sides with the 0.25" ball mill, hence the subtle change to the front scale.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer_5 View Post
    The pattern is the same, but previously we were cutting the pattern with a 0.125" ball end mill on the front scale, and a 0.25" ball end mill on the titanium. We are now cutting both sides with the 0.25" ball mill, hence the subtle change to the front scale.
    Do you have any idea on around what serial number this change happened for the 561's?

Hey guys...if your getting everyone and their 560/561's together for a group photo at Blade let me know...I'll slip in with my 560..

Rick Hinderer

Quote Originally Posted by calypso699 View Post
    Do you have any idea on around what serial number this change happened for the 561's?
    Sorry Calypso - haven't a clue. It's been a few months though.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer_5 View Post
    Sorry Calypso - haven't a clue. It's been a few months though.
    No problem. Thanks.

Rick,
    I'll come get you. I don't think my table is far from your booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhind64 View Post
    Hey guys...if your getting everyone and their 560/561's together for a group photo at Blade let me know...I'll slip in with my 560..

Rick Hinderer

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahunter View Post
    Rick,
    I'll come get you. I don't think my table is far from your booth.
    Better watch that side of your table Rick (tracking devices on folders) if Alpha Hunter's on the loose next door!

So I finally got to check a 561 out yesterday and I am just blown away by how awesome this knife is. I played with it for about 10 minutes and the KVT is just so smooth. I would have bought it but it was marked up a bit and I didn't have enough cash on me. I can't wait to order one these

Quote Originally Posted by cziv View Post
    Better watch that side of your table Rick (tracking devices on folders) if Alpha Hunter's on the loose next door!
    God Forbid. lol!

Ok, group Photo at the KAI booth Sat at 3pm unless something crazy is going on at that time. Bring your 560/561's!

finally got mine! love it it so well balanced and smooth! the best feeling folder in hand ever in my experience! the only thing is the sharp jimmping on the lock bar makes my thumb sore! but I like the sharp jimmping everywhere else! thanks ZT for one hell of a knife!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyspice View Post
    finally got mine! love it it so well balanced and smooth! the best feeling folder in hand ever in my experience! the only thing is the sharp jimmping on the lock bar makes my thumb sore! but I like the sharp jimmping everywhere else! thanks ZT for one hell of a knife!
    Congratulations!
    Give yourself some time to get use to the feel of the knife and you'll love it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyspice View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

I took the fine side of my leathermans file and rounded all the sharp edges, not complaining just preference

i believe that it was said that on future knives they are going to smooth the jimmping a bit. that is the only complaint i have only on the lock bar though i like it sharp on the top of the handle personally.

Congrats! I live in Lahaina. We probably have some of the only 056X's on the island!
    The only thing that we truly depend on for our lives is our mind. Everything else is just stuff that breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by the government View Post
    congrats! I live in lahaina. We probably have some of the only 056x's on the island!:d
    haha sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by oregonknifenerd View Post
    I stopped by KAI today as I had the day off because my furnace went out, was able to get it fixed early in the morning. Stopped this afternoon and spoke with Thomas and heard lots of neat stuff about the knife world, how the tilt was named, a whole lot of stuff.. but Thomas also took me on a tour of the facility. I had my dog in my truck so couldn't hang out all night.. anyway, back story covered, on the topic of the 0561.. Thomas had 0561 #0002 that I got to flip and man is that thing nice! He had a Hinderer original to compare. If you want the custom, it's a great knife but the 0561 blows it away! The 3D sculpted handles are so much nicer than those on the custom and as I expected from handling a Tilt (which I' now have, again, THANKS THOMAS!) that the KVT was going to be awesome on this knife! It is! And the finish is just amazing.
    Crazy. I have that #0002. I have actually had it for a few months and only realized I had #0002 a day or so ago. Thanks for QA'ing it for me!

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...2#post10962612

I think it was a 0560 and I typed it wrong. I can't remember now. Glad to hear you are happy with the knife though! Hope you were as blown away with how smooth it is as I was. I love my 0560 like I've never loved another blade, including the Blurs that I'm crazy about.

Snagged myself a pre-owned ZT 560 over the weekend !!!
    Love the knife over all, I have the same observations as most here. Great solid knife, looks great, good machining, though like others have said, some of the jimping is pretty aggressive.
    Not sharp that it would cut you, but your finger tips sure feel it after flipping the knife most the day.

One thing I have noticed on mine though...
    I know the indent when the blade is closed is meant to be quite strong, but mine is tight enough that you can NOT use the thumb stud.
    A few times it has worked, but most the time I can even hold the knife with 2 hands, and with all my might, cants open it with the thumb stud.
    Its as if you end up applying an odd side force to the system, making the indent dig in more, preventing it was disengaging.
    Any others have this issue?

Mine were like that when they arrived, congrats. They should smooth out but why use the blade stops to deploy a bearing assisted flipper right?

^^
    Congrats! It took a few times but I mastered flicking with the thumb stud. Apply some Rem Oil on the bearings and watch it fly!
    Guys kept playing with mine at Blade asking what I did to it. Jimmer5 thought I flicked it a thousand times but I just cleaned and oiled it. I've flicked it maybe 50-75 times myself. Lol!

Enjoy! It's one of the best production knives ever made in my book.

Page 260 of 263 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263 LastLast

Thread Information