Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Subaru guy introduction

ADVERTISEMENT
    welcome to BF i also a have a subaru. 2010 legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
    Is that complicated on a left hand drive car? Or is it a straight swop from a Version 5/6 STI?
    AFAIK it's a simple affair and places like ECS have been doing it for a while now. Just to clarify things, I haven't swapped anything yet. I've been planning on it but things keep popping up (like my knife collection and Pontiac G8GT ) that detract from my swap fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    #43???????? Wow... when did you join? '99? lol

You're considered a dinosaur compared to the other 200k+ other members. I joined in '05 and got in before the 100k member mark and people consider me "OG". lol
    I went nuts with my Subie when I got it in 99. I slowed down a bit after getting married and haven't done much with it for 2 years. It's a great car and I plan on getting an Aerosim wide-body kit and V7 swap when funds become available. I've actually started selling my knives but those funds are going into the G8

My '01 Legacy Wagon might not be sexy, but it gets me to sexy places.

Welcome to Blade Forums! I don't own a Subaru myself but almost bought an Impreza Outback years ago. I agree that it's hard to go back to non AWD after owning an AWD ride. We have an Audi A4 Quattro that my wife's pretty much taken over so I had to buy another car to get around and got a Mazda3 Sport hatchback.
    I'm thinking again of getting a Subaru though. I shoot a lot of them at racing and carshow events I cover. My buddies who run a local import drag racing series also own a shop that used to build the STis for the Canadian Rally Team and now build them for another team.
    Here are a couple shots of the STi:

Here's my A4 on summer rims:

I have to look for the most recent pics I took of the Mazda3 after I lowered and tinted it. I can't remember which camera it's on or if I even downloaded the pics to my PC yet!

BTW, I just read Consumer Report's auto issue for 2011. It ranks Subaru #2 (just behind Honda) in workmanship/dependibility over all manufacturers.

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891
    • 2014 Website - Below • SBC on Facebook

Wow... that STi is bad ass!!!

Wow... that STi is bad ass!!!
    Which one, the one I posted? Those pics were from last summer. Here are some from 2009. I believe this is the same car that they rebuilt for 2010.

9. Sweet ride. Fun cars for sure.

A large database of knife reviews.

When I was much younger, I always wanted one of these:

Then I decided I wanted one of these:

I ended up with something similar to this instead:

Except mine was much more beat up, rusty, dented, and a horrible teal color.

I miss that car.

I wanted to bump this thread with an update... I sold the WRX and picked up a 2008 Legacy GT Spec.B! I drove 10 hours to VA to pick it up and it only had 7,600 original miles! Has a few aftermarket goodies on it as well. Most of them were still brand new in the boxes, not installed. The owner bought the car new at the end of '09, drove it for a little while, ordered a bunch of parts for it... then got shipped out to Iraq. He didn't want a car payment anymore so he gave his wife power of attorney and had her sell it for him. I feel kinda bad buying the car without ever meeting the guy because we spoke on the phone and emailed each other back and forth for a couple of months to work out all the details.

Anyway, these are the pics of it the day I picked it up...

-Magnaflow catback exhaust
    -CNT catted downpipe
    -RalliTek front and rear sway bars
    -RalliTek end links
    -COBB AccessPort
    -Kartboy short shifter
    -AVO panel filter
    -STi pitch mount
    -Perrin afta-MAF tube
    -IPR top mount intercooler

For those of you that don't know, the Spec.B comes with Bilstein suspension, a luxurious leather and Alcantara interior and best of all... STi 6 speed transmission. The 6th gear is a bit taller than the STi models which allows me to average 28-32 mpg. Not a bad "grown up" car, huh? lol

Hey guys, I recently joined this site and look forward to being a regular member. I'm a very active member of the Subaru community (Nasioc - same username) with over 17,000 posts.

And of course, I have to post a few pics of my Subaru. lol
    Nice. I wish they would never have switched off of that grill, the new style makes it look like another random econo-car.

Edit:
    How unfortunate that I did not read to the end of the thread before posting...

Nice ride! A change is as good as a holiday!
    Is this a 2.0ltr or 2.5 Legacy GT?
    Steven

www.sablade.com The Home of Knife Discussion in South Africa

I WANT TO BUY BUSSE S.L.U.T.'s CLICK >>HERE<<

2.5L turbo

Very nice Legacy, I drive a 10 STI. I feel at home with all the Subis

Thats a nice car. My Son has a 1998 Legacy Outback wagon. My Wife has a 2012 Forester and my Mom has a 1995 Legacy Sedan. They are all nice, although I don't really like the Forester for some reason. It doesn't seem to handle as crisply as the "car" Subbies.

Here's mine... most of what used to be knife money now goes into making it less slow
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice, i used to drive an '02 WRX. these days i've got a 2010 Volvo s40 T5 R-Design. i loved the subaru dearly but the volvo is only a hair slower and so much more posh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information