Thread: Where to buy knives in Oregon?

Where to buy knives in Oregon?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I'm planning a trip to the Bend area this spring break, and since both my friend whose coming with me and I love knives, we'd like to take the opportunity to see some, as where we live is too small to have a good knife store. So where in Bend, OR, is a good knife store?

I've Googled it, but have had no luck, so I thought I'd turn to my ever-friendly companions on BF.

Where in the Bend, OR, (or anywhere near there) can we go see knives?

Thanks, guys.

Well, if you're willling to take a little drive up to Portland, the Leatherman HQ is there. They don't have much for sale on site but I got an absolutely fantastic folder there.

If I remember right though, Bend is quite a distance from Portland.

Oregon is an amazing place and you're in for a great time. Amazing scenic beauty, more micro-breweries than you can count and basically heaven on earth in terms of knife selection and legality of aquisition. I can't speak for Bend specifically but my advice since you're travelling with a fellow knife knut is to check out the knife manufacturers ( Benchmade, Kershaw, etc). If my memory serves me well there was an indy knife shope in Portland that had great selection.

Hope you have a great time, Oregon was amazing.

As stated above benchmade, kershaw, leatherman, and gerber are up here. Also im sure you can find a shop called excalibur which is all over the place up here. Hope you have a great time!

I will warn you that excalibur is outrageously expensive. a recon 1 was 100, iirc. the prices scared me.

Blog Entries
    General Knife Discussion is for knives.
    FEEDBACK is for deals and dealers.

Yeah, I've been to Portland multiple times to look for knives. Haha. The indy shop someone was talking about is called Hawthorne Cutlery, I think. It had a decent selection, too.

And yes, Oregon is amazing. One of the last great refuges for the knife lover.

I'm going to Oregon at the end of the summer to visit a couple of guys I served with.......I'll definitely be checking out some of the shops mentioned in this thread.

If you are in the Eugene area there is Edge N Knife. They have a lot of Benchmades including a bunch of gold class, a bit of Kershaw, some EESE, some Lone wolf, some Spyderco, and assorted other brands like Cold Steel.

Thread Information