Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ammoclip.com = SCAMMERS

Angry ammoclip.com = SCAMMERS

ADVERTISEMENT
    So, I was on another forum and heard that a seldom-seen extended magazine for one of my pocket pistols was on sale at ammoclip.com for only $23.00 and I decided to order one. They don't accept PayPal, only credit cards, so I placed my order. It was $31.00 with shipping.

Item arrives a week later and it appears to be a non-functional novelty item. So poorly designed it will not even lock in the mag well of either of my pistols. I'm very disappointed and decide to send it back. Only then do I notice the small print on the invoice:

"Returns will only be accepted with prior authorization." "No return authorizations by phone." "No returns of used items." "Defective items must be returned to manufacturer." But it gets even worse.

According to the RETURN POLICY on their website, a "15% restocking fee" will be applied to returned items, shipping costs are non-refundable, and if I attempt to process a chargeback they are threatening to assess a $35 "chargeback fee" and report me to a collection agency! I have never heard any shit like this before in my life! What scumbags!!!

So I filled out the online return authorization form and am waiting to hear back. I expect it will be a while. I figure that I could spend another $8 to ship this POS magazine back to them, bringing my total expenditure up to $39 in hope of maybe getting a $19 refund, which means I threw $20 away, or I can not send it back and figure I threw $31 away, or I can try a chargeback next week and see if they're bullshitting about the "chargeback fee" and lawsuit over a $31.00 charge.

I'm interested in hearing y'all's thoughts on this matter. Thanks.

That's hands down the worst return policy I've ever heard outside of no returns at all. When they resort to threats about chargebacks and lawsuits, it's absolutely because I'm sure 90% of their garbage is returned and they know exactly why. Good luck my friend. Good luck.

Due to the nature of their policies I would just call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

I would probably contact ammoclip and tell them you received non-functioning merchandise. Do to the warnings on their page you will need them to send a postage paid container to return their junk back to them.

They can't do most of what they are threatening to do to you. I can't tell if they have had some bad experiences or if they are just psychos.

At any rate I would not pay for their crap nor would I let a bunch of empty threats intimidate me. I would probably notify the Minnesota Attorney General. They will be interested for sure.

if I attempt to process a chargeback they are threatening to assess a $35 "chargeback fee" and report me to a collection agency!
    Call your Credit Card Company- that's why you use them.
    The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Ya Tyr , call your CC company now and dispute the charge . I got sucked in last year with a policy like that and dealt with them for 3 months and still got screwed for $150.00 . Too late to use my rights with the CC . Call them now .

Was this also an OMega store company ?
    Jack ONeill

http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/ii409/oneill_2009/

They are "Digital Consulting Services DBA ammoclip.com"

Here is an old thread on another forum about this company:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289436

Blog Entries
    take a look at their "administrative office"

Definitely a fly by night type of operation. Probably a dude drop shipping from a private residence. Otherwise, why hide their location and have unreasonable business practices.

#420 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

Blog Entries
    next step. . .

#420 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

File a dispute with the CC company. I've had to do this several times when vendors became unresponsive.

Quote Originally Posted by TUF View Post
    At any rate I would not pay for their crap nor would I let a bunch of empty threats intimidate me. I would probably notify the Minnesota Attorney General. They will be interested for sure.

Add to the bold above the Better Business Bureau & your credit card company as has been mentioned. Best of luck, have been through something similar with a different company before myself.
    Be safe.

Rat Pack # 837

A policy that makes returns so onerous and/or expensive for the customer as to discourage its use after selling what you call a "novelty item" is the sign of shady dealers and ripoff artists to me.
    ~ Nate

From small print on a page on the website:

"Your phone call will not be returned."

"A $35.00 collection fee will be assessed to all chargeback's and other dishonored customer obligations to us. Additionally all fees, charges, postage and employee time will also be included in any collection action. We reserve the right to use a second party collection company or local lawyer who may also assess additional charges in the collection process. Furthermore we reserve the right to add any customers name and address information that originates a chargeback to any and all national databases that store and disseminate such information."

From the invoice:

"Our responsibility ceases when delivery is made to carrier."

W T F ?

I've NEVER seen any shit like that before in my life.

By taking credit cards they agree to the credit card company terms of service and I doubt what they are stating is acceptable under their contract.

Reaks of BullShit.

What they're posting is to scare you away. No company could afford or get away with what they claim they will do.

Baseless threats comes to mind.

Call your credit card company.
    The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Blog Entries
    With a policy like this, they know they are screwing people over and trying to make it as hard as possible to have any recourse from the customer. I would report them to the BBB and post on every forum you are a member at. They should not even be in business.

Im not trying to sound like an A-hole but did you look at their website? It looks like crap! Most unprofessional/not well done AT ALL website I have ever seen.
    Botach Tactical sucks but at least their site look presentable and they are nice about frickin' you over.
    ..."you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail."

if I attempt to process a chargeback they are threatening to assess a $35 "chargeback fee" and report me to a collection agency!

They've made their position clear, so initiate the chargeback immediately. They can threaten all they want, but they will be the ones to have the chargeback fee grabbed out of their bank account by the credit card company. They can send you a bill for it if they want to waste a stamp.

So, I was on another forum devoted to this particular pistol, and a guy there told me that the bump over the notch was deliberately oversized so it could be adjusted with pliers to fit the individual pistol. This actually makes sense, since the notch appears to be in the right spot, but that bump was preventing the mag catch from locking it in place and I was concerned it was going to jam in the mag well or break the mag catch. I assumed a new magazine should fit the pistol with no modification required by the customer.

They really need to state that these particular mags do require careful adjustment to fit.

They also need to delete their bullshit "return policy" to simply state that all products are sold AS IS and no returns are accepted. That horrendous return policy they have is openly antagonistic and highly offensive. I don't know what they were thinking. Just say, "we don't accept returns" rather than "I HATE UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS! I LAUGH AT YOUR FEEBLE PROTESTATIONS OF SHODDY MERCHANDISE! BWAAA HA HA HA!"

Received a return authorization today. We'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by tyr_shadowblade; 03-29-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Sounds like your eating at WacArnolds ! I would dispute the charge the more disputes they get visa will fine them , and most of the time with a shotty company like this one they will not have the man power or the time to respond to the dispute, and visa/mc/amex will just take the money back. Did you see the video camera on the outside of the shop it reminds me of Tuco's drug hang out from the show Breaking Bad .
    Please visit my youtube page. http://www.youtube.com/user/chavezchavez556
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=6][SIZE=5][COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Comic Sans MS
    Check out my work @ https://www.facebook.com/ATSKnifeWorks

Check out my website @ www.nivetteknives.com

Also I would change your account # !
    Please visit my youtube page. http://www.youtube.com/user/chavezchavez556
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=6][SIZE=5][COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Comic Sans MS
    Check out my work @ https://www.facebook.com/ATSKnifeWorks

Check out my website @ www.nivetteknives.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information