Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why all the DPX HEST's for sale?

Why all the DPX HEST's for sale?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ok lots of folks grabbing these and then selling them as fast as they get them and not for a profit it seems. What gives with these knives? thanks and keepem sharp

any time a heavily hyped knife enters the market, lots of people preorder and ultimately decide its not for them.

I can't speak everyone selling them but I will say there was a lot of problems regarding tip and alignment, let alone the CS.. a better question would be why would anyone buy them?
    BeckerHead #13

"I am not a Number, I am a Free Man"- Maiden

"The moments we share today, Inspire the stories we tell tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by MORIMOTOM View Post
    any time a heavily hyped knife enters the market, lots of people preorder and ultimately decide its not for them.
    This. Over promise, under deliver.
    United States Air Force - Above All

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    I can't speak everyone selling them but I will say there was a lot of problems regarding tip and alignment, let alone the CS.. a better question would be why would anyone buy them?
    I think those were the LE runs that had the issue. The most recent ones up for sale are the plain jane HEST/Fs.

Is he even talking about the folder?

yes he's talking about the folder.

Yep folder. keepem sharp

I've not been into the knife scene for very long but this the first folder I've seen where the manufacturer asked customers to send it back to them once the customer received it.

I've also seen problems with lock up posted which IMO is worse than the proud tip issues.

From what I saw in one sale thread, one knife sent in for warranty repair came back worse with a ding in the coating, a badly scratched up pivot, and lots of blade play. Sounds like something that would make the early Striders look perfect by comparison.

Well I just bought a second one . I love mine everything about it seems just right . lock up A+ Blade A+ Size A+ . New Graham knives is selling new ones for 145.00 most other place's are sticking it to people for 174.99 and the people on ebay are a joke trying to get 200.00 or more for them. I think its a very nice knife and a good EDC .Had A zt0551 and sold it and keep the hest .

If I could get my hands on one without flaws I'm betting I'll like it more than the 551 also. I guess if I do get one then the market will have 2 more 551s floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by steveg30 View Post
    Well I just bought a second one . I love mine everything about it seems just right . lock up A+ Blade A+ Size A+ . New Graham knives is selling new ones for 145.00 most other place's are sticking it to people for 174.99 and the people on ebay are a joke trying to get 200.00 or more for them. I think its a very nice knife and a good EDC .Had A zt0551 and sold it and keep the hest .

I would love a 0550 if we ever see them ?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTideShooter View Post
    If I could get my hands on one without flaws I'm betting I'll like it more than the 551 also. I guess if I do get one then the market will have 2 more 551s floating around.
    I don't get it. The 0551 doesn't have as thick a blade so it slices better and the steel easily has better edge retention(and tougher, and more stainless). I don't see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis3880 View Post
    I don't get it. The 0551 doesn't have as thick a blade so it slices better and the steel easily has better edge retention(and tougher, and more stainless). I don't see the appeal.
    Nor do I.

Quote Originally Posted by MORIMOTOM View Post
    +1

Frank R

... Still looking for a vorpal blade.
    (op cit Lewis Carroll)

List of BF Dealer Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tony8179 View Post
    Nor do I.
    Aside from the stonewashed titanium, the only thing the HEST has going for it is that it would be more durable as a prybar. And while I suppose you could slam it into a bad guy's skull without much damage, penetration will suck. The wave opener seems kinda cool, though I don't believe the HEST folder is known for its smooth opening, so I would expect pockets to be more torn up than an Emerson.

I also sold my 0551 and kept the HEST/F. Just more comfortable to me mostly, but I do like 1/4" hex lanyard hole and caplifter. I use those almost as much as the blade. Mine came perfect out of the box, and I'm very pleased with it even at the $175 I paid for it. My only issue is the clip. I broke it day one. Got a replacement quickly though, and a new clip design should be available soon.

I must have gotten lucky with mine I got a regular production version from New Graham it is smooth opening with the wave and thumb stud it came sharp too. The only problem with mine is the edge is way to close to the spine when close I sliced my finger reaching in my pocket for it. The clip may be a little loose for some also but it doesn't bother me. All in all though I really like it, but then again I am kind of partial to blades that bite me.

You mean the blade stuck out the back of the handles when the knife is closed? Sounds like a serious issue to me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information