Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beckerhead Gathering, 2011

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by moosez45 View Post
    Everybody keeps saying "next year". That's cute.

We will be doing lots of things, maybe even a fall meet up, when the leaves change.

"Next year". You kiddin'?

Moose
    That's all you had to say.... sweet......

What sends me over the edge is I could have made it out this time, turns out I didn't do jack....!!!!!!!!!!!! Baseball was canceled Friday do to rain and I never even thought about it.. and I was freed up with time since Wednesday

while looking at the pictures of you guys kicking it in what appears to be a super laid back spot is really kewl, I just can't get over how jealous I am right now....

btw, I think Sam should have won 1st place just for wearing such an awesome shirt !!!
    BeckerHead #13

"I am not a Number, I am a Free Man"- Maiden

"The moments we share today, Inspire the stories we tell tomorrow"

Looks great, all. Can't believe there aren't more spy shots of the new knives!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRL View Post
    Looks great, all. Can't believe there aren't more spy shots of the new knives!!
    Who said there wasn't? Interesting thought paradigm ya'll have going on. Derek hasn't posted his pics yet, nor Tradewater. That guy Sam is supposed to be sending me pics too.

Coming soon.

Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

Lots of fun there, Wish I'd have made it!

Moose, right now all I see is words, not pics

Everybody keeps saying "next year". That's cute.

We will be doing lots of things, maybe even a fall meet up, when the leaves change. "Next year". You kiddin'?

Moose
    That's what I'm hoping. Ain't waiting 'till "next year". Maybe a couple, three by then.
    Plus other stuff. We're camping / hiking "Peaks of Otter" next. (We live at the foothills) State park at the top. Should be cool. Though my wife wasn't to keen when she saw the
    warning signs for bears and mountian lions

We have 35 acres here in VA. Stream running through. Tons of game on the property (deer, turkey, rabbit, etc.) could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra281 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping. Ain't waiting 'till "next year". Maybe a couple, three by then.
    Plus other stuff. We're camping / hiking "Peaks of Otter" next. (We live at the foothills) State park at the top. Should be cool. Though my wife wasn't to keen when she saw the

We have 35 acres here in VA. Stream running through. Tons of game on the property (deer, turkey, rabbit, etc.) could be.
    Perhaps we should hold the next one at your place, sounds like heaven. Who knows.

Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

Blog Entries
    Looks like you all had a great time. I hope ours out here will be just as fun

Thanks for the photos, looks like everyone had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra281 View Post

I will definitely make it if there's a meet up here in VA! Have fun at Peaks of Otter, I've been there a number of times, beautiful scenery! I did see a bear last time I was there.

Blog Entries
    Pics comin, give me a sec.

"Go Forth & Propagate you ignorant git. " - Phil Gibbs

Who said there wasn't? Interesting thought paradigm ya'll have going on. Derek hasn't posted his pics yet, nor Tradewater. That guy Sam is supposed to be sending me pics too.

Coming soon.

Moose
    It's because we ain't even home yet PN. We're taking our time going back.
    Beckerhead 65

America's National Parks: Come on vacation, leave on probation..

Blog Entries
    Alright, this first pic shows the Camp Tweener next to the original three tweener proto's. The camp tweener is going to have the blade come down a little more to meet the end of the rounded part at the top of the handle, and the grind will being going up about an additional quarter of an inch. This is going to be one of the best selling knives in BK&T history, it is almost perfect, for darn near everything. Thickness is .168" I believe. They rounded off the grip a little, beefed up the lanyard hole, and just generally made it nicer than the first ones. Thankfully it will be flat ground, although Uncle E has blanks for a couple of hollow ground ones.

In the next two pics you get pure camp tweener goodness, but if you look at the little knife, that is the one got Ethan inspired to make a neck knife. So that thing is pretty much the inspiration behind the 11.

Next two are mini magnum camp and the clip point tweener. These things are awesome, and I didn't think I would like either. I will be getting some of those too when they come out.

And finally, the Brute is back, along with the Mach Ax. This being my first time to see a Brute up close, I was very, very surprised at how small it was. The Mach Ax is probably the "snappiest" thing I have ever chopped with. When you swing it just pops forward, and is very comfortable.

I want the clip point in my hunting pack, the mini Mag in my kayak kit, and the drop point on my hip. Now.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Blog Entries
    The boss checkin out my BK2. Winona as I calls her.

The boss makin her the sharpest she has ever been.

Yo Moose, you the man!

Thanks so much for doing so a great job documenting everything. I feel as though I was there with you guys.

I plan on joining you Beckerheads real soon, I'll be picking up a BK2. I can't believe what a huge bargain it is. Ethan is the PEOPLE'S CHAMP!

I do believe I'll take one of each, but damn I love that drop point.

Oh man, Derek, you gotta put that knife in the cabinet and seal it behind bulletproof glass. Sharpened by the boss himself? That's a damn relic!

J/K, use that bastard.

Great Pics evryone!!!

Thank You very much!!!

Blog Entries
    She got used to split the willow for the bow drill sets. Afterwards was still shaving sharp. Methinks I need to get myself one of these belt sanders people are going on about...

Derek, you still going to post up some more pics and vids?
    They haven't seen the spring-loaded projectile yet.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information