Thread: Who are the top knife makers in the US?

Question Who are the top knife makers in the US?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Is there a ranking somewhere of the top US knife makers in terms of annual sales? I am looking specifically for the sporting/hunting/military type knife makers. I am assuming I would see Buck, Randall, Gerber, Spyderco, Ka-Bar, and Cold Steel to name a few. Who did I forget, and in what order would they be?
    Thanks.

KnifeCenter of the Internet is taking a poll of some of the popular makers. Benchmade is 1st and Spyderco is 2nd last time I looked.

This poll is, of course, more a popularity poll than a numbers produced/sold count.

If I remember correctly, I think Schrade was on top when it came to overall sales. I could be wrong, but it does make sense considering every department store up here has a schrade display. After that I am lost, Gerber & Buck are probably up there.

YEK

Cool

Cold Steel and Buck are high on my list, as well as Camillus. Those are 3 companies I have the most experience with, because I keep coming back, I like their stuff.

Another thing that needs be taken into consideration is the ownership and/or where the knives are made.

Gerber is owned by Fiskars, and some of their knives are made in Italy.

Kershaw is owned by KAI, some of their knives are made in Japan.

Cold Steel is AMerican owned I think, but aren't most of their products made overseas?

And so forth.

I think the only big American made and owned are, Buck, Camillus, Ka Bar/Cutco, Schrade.

------------------
    Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com If I fail to check back with this thread and you want some info, email me.

My site is at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/1770 Including my review of the Kasper AFCK, thougths on the AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

Spyderco and Benchmade? Must be a popularity thing...

What about Marble's... old blade designs (and some new), 52100 steel, cryogenically treated... I hear some of the former Blackjack people are involved. Christmas may just come a tad early this year.

Thread Information