Thread: musk ox horn, raw large burl

musk ox horn, raw large burl

ADVERTISEMENT
    I thought someone might want to cut their own horn to suit a special need - and save some money. I have one customer for example who makes straight razors and needs 7 inches length.

Musk ox horn burl
    5.5 pounds. 8 inches x 6 inches x 4 inches. This is the highly sought after part of the musk oc horn knife makers seek with the nice swirly patterns. Usually sold as finished scales for high dollars. I decided to offer the main part so you can cut it how you want to meet your requirements. Maybe extra thick or extra long. Save money cutting it yourself. Asking $60 a pound so $330. Enough material for maybe 8 sets of scales, so $41 a set that retails for over $100 a set.
    Keep in mind there is some bone in the weight and this is fresh material that needs drying. Normally I put an $80 a pound value on this material so the $60 a pound allows for bone and moisture.

Below is what this looks like sliced

Best way to buy is go to my web site and use the pay pal shop cart this item about halfway down page http://www.milesofalaska.net/knife_Materials/
    Last edited by milesofalaska; 05-26-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: pictures disapeared had to fix
    Not just knives but a way of life. Not just raw materials but a way of thinking.

Thread Information