Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT6 Clip Point .270 S7

BT6 Clip Point .270 S7

ADVERTISEMENT
    This one is Flat Ground and ready for HT

i like that (or a slightly skinnier version of same)!
    is this one available, ban?

or if not, anymore bt6's or bt7's coming down the pike i can talk you out of?
    i need a big one to finish my trifecta (got the edc, bt4 already, need the bigger one)
    thanks!
    mpg

This one is not yet spoken for. I will be making more BT6 and BT7s. Just don't know when yet. Trying to finish up a few BT4s for folks and maybe bring a couple of extra for Blade.

i'm way interested! i want a BT6 or 7, but also want to make sure i get the right steel/knife for me. i usually like drop points or the shorter clip points, but i like this one a lot.

can you teach me about S7? what does it compare to? i did a quick check, and saw 'tough, but not hard' on the first website i looked at.
    is that accurate / what can you tell me about it (always like to learn )?

feel free to pm/email me if you want, or here is fine too, i'll keep checking back.

thanks, ban!

oh yeah, i'll be asking/hoping for black/red (micarta or g10) for the handles (with thicker slabs or liners to thicken it up a touch) if you've got any laying around currently....
    Last edited by gentemanndvm; 05-28-2011 at 05:46 PM.

S7 is about as tough as a tool steel is gonna get. It is roughly 61-62 as quenched out of heat treat but I usually temper it back to 59 or so. Great for choppers where impact resistance is important.

well then i want it even more. i'll go pm to work out the particulars. thanks, ban!

checked this out the other day, its going to be an awesome all-around knife.

Oooohh, that's awesome! Great job Ban!

ban, i've been thinking about this one all weekend. i may have changed my mind on the handles we talked about, if it's not too late. i'll pm you also.

i'm thinking budget be damned, i either want the orange/black g10 afterall. OR, even better, if i can talk you into making micarta again, you had a red/black handled BT4 you did several months ago that would look awesome on this knife. canvas? linen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ban View Post
    Here are a few shots of the BT4 with Red/Blk Linen Micarta.

Michor,

Got your pm. No worries. I will order some of the orange black g10. I may or may not have the red/black micarta by the time this one is ready.

Smile

ban need updates on the BT6 Clip Point .270 S7

This thread is giving me inspiration for my next order.
    "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #41.

ban, i know this one is way down on the to-do list b/c i'm the PITA that wanted special handles for it.

but is there any chance i can talk you into posting a couple WIP/post-HT pics once they start happening, so i can watch and drool and anticipate?

thanks!

No problem, will do. I just started a new project for my day job. I have been meaning to refill my dewar with liquid nitrogen and start heat treating a couple of S7 knives. Will post some progress pics as soon as I get some.

excellent, thanks! looking forward to watching it come together.

and no hurry, life comes first. those stupid day jobs we all have sure seem to get in the way a lot.

(deleted this post, it just had temporary contact info for last week)

-i like all the grinding that looks to be happening. that means heat treat is coming soon!
    Last edited by gentemanndvm; 07-07-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: back from trip, hooked back up to the interwebz

BAN DID YOU refill YOUR dewar with liquid nitrogen

D86PQ, i like it when you ask ban about this one, keep it up !
    (b/c it's coming my way eventually, and i cannot WAIT to get my hands on it. and when it's someone else who's asking b/c they like his work, then i'm not the d**che who irritates him by asking every 15mins 'how's it coming? is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet?)

so this is perfect. you ask all the questions, i get all the updates i need so i can sleep at night and dream of BT6-es

jk ban, i know you'll get to it when you get to it. and thanks again for shipping that skinny ASH so quickly, nice knife to play with until this one makes it to the top of the pile.
    mpg

Quote Originally Posted by D86PQ View Post
    BAN DID YOU refill YOUR dewar with liquid nitrogen
    Not yet. Been swamped dealing with car problems. I also just got a bill for 1100 today from my waterjet guy for Pikals + Trainers, Pikal Gen4 + Trainers, Paring knife, 6" Chef, Santoku, Large Chef, Large Santoku. Should be set for a while.

headed to canada to go fishing. will put the bt4 to good use!
    just a note in case you need to ask me anything on this one - i'll be out of touch for a week.

+++++++++++++++
    8/15 i'm back. lots of great flyfishing, the BT4 got used well on campchores and on a most excellent t-bone. as always, more knife than needed for any of the tasks i put it to. i'm really going to have to push it hard to make a .27 6 work
    Last edited by gentemanndvm; 08-17-2011 at 02:51 AM. Reason: back from trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information