Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your yard sale/flea market finds

ADVERTISEMENT
    Are you going to pull an all-nighter to get the counting done?!

Quote Originally Posted by M3mphis View Post
    Are you going to pull an all-nighter to get the counting done?!
    No i will have the girl that comes in on the weekends that cleans and oils them all do it for me.
    Axes4Life

Quote Originally Posted by Operator1975 View Post
    No i will have the girl that comes in on the weekends that cleans and oils them all do it for me.
    Did I mention that I hate you??!! Someday I'll get one of those girls...I wonder how I'll run it by my wife...

Did I mention that I hate you??!! Someday I'll get one of those girls...I wonder how I'll run it by my wife...
    Mine was ok with it because she no longer had to do it.
    Axes4Life

Oh whats even more pics when you have friends like Memphis :

Here is the handle for the Perfect double bit - the most well balanced axe I have ever held :

And then my Cruiser Homestead. You know how I love the paper :

Axes4Life

That Kelly Perfect would go perfectly with my single bit Kelly Perfect I just got!!! I'm now on the lookout!!! Tomorrow we're hitting up more garage sales, may be the last time for the year-wish me luck!!

Operater, we're all well aware that you have more axes than one sane man should ever have. Since that's established, don't be shy, KEEP POSTING UP THE PICS!!!!

$3.00 well spent

Bought this old thing for $3 today:

OH YEAH, it's a Plumb Cruiser!!

Here's a question: Do cruisers often have a cutting bit and a grubbing bit or do they usually just have two cutters??

Thanks,

Matt

nice work! man that looks nice...
    i've been working all afternoon on mann true american.

Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter View Post
    nice work! Man that looks nice...
    I've been working all afternoon on mann true american.
    pics!!!???

pics!!!???
    i cant. my wife is gone for a couple weeks visiting family and shes got the camera. so i'll have to wait until she gets back.

I found this yesterday at a local flea market for $10. Has the original handle and within 5 minutes of taking it outside I had already sliced my finger. Two swipes across the blade with my sharpener and like a dumb ass I ran my finger down the blade. She is def sharp. I am unsure what model this is but it will make a great camp axe. Anyone have any ideas on the age? Almost forgot to mention that it has 2 1/2 marked on the bottom side of the poll but my pic was blurry so I thought I might decode it for you. Thanks for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by pokesalad View Post
    I found this yesterday at a local flea market for $10. Has the original handle and within 5 minutes of taking it outside I had already sliced my finger. Two swipes across the blade with my sharpener and like a dumb ass I ran my finger down the blade. She is def sharp. I am unsure what model this is but it will make a great camp axe. Anyone have any ideas on the age? Almost forgot to mention that it has 2 1/2 marked on the bottom side of the poll but my pic was blurry so I thought I might decode it for you. Thanks for looking.

Awesome find for 10 bucks.

I love Gransfors Bruks axes.

Quote Originally Posted by pokesalad View Post

my friend i do believe that you have found an old gransfors bruks. you lucky son of a gun...
    that 'flea market' wouldn't happen to be 'trade day' outside of falkville, would it? if so, i'm originally from around that area (eva) and was there in june. i went there specifically to try and find old axe heads. i didn't find crap...
    that is a damn wonderful find. consider yourself lucky...

Great find at a fantastic price!

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter View Post
    my friend i do believe that you have found an old gransfors bruks. you lucky son of a gun...
    that 'flea market' wouldn't happen to be 'trade day' outside of falkville, would it? if so, i'm originally from around that area (eva) and was there in june. i went there specifically to try and find old axe heads. i didn't find crap...
    that is a damn wonderful find. consider yourself lucky...
    Yea I was pretty stoked when I saw what it was. The flea market was a Saturday thing they do here locally in Tuscumbia out in the parking lot in front of the Salvation Army. The guy had several other double bit axes. I know one was a Collins and one was a Keen Kutter but he wanted $20 each on those and I was short on cash. I'll probably go back next week and pick one of the others up if he still has them. Honestly this is the first Gransfors I have ever seen in my area so I am def glad to get it.

Picked these up at a tool garage. That's a 36" sandvik (before they became bahco) and a little 2 1/4 pound Walters in about a 27" handle. The handle was a NOS Garant handle from Canada. That makes one really really Canadian axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator1975 View Post
    Whats a few more pics among friends :

Small spoon for refernce on the Craftsman salesman sample hatchet.
    Nice craftsman hatchet. I have been looking for one of these too. they get called a salesman sample but really a youth camping size hatchet. About the 11 inches long give or take. you have come up with some nice stuff.

Pat

Hi Guys,

I've never ventured in here before, but I had a little time on my hands and was perusing BF, saw this forum and remembered I have some pics of an axe that I picked up off of e-bay maybe 5 or 6 years ago and I thought you'd might like to see them:

The axe was not described as being made by Scagle, so it went for less than it should have. It also had a unique nail puller, but I didn't keep any photos of it and subsequently sold it so I can't re-shoot any :-(

Best,
    Ron

That looks like a nice axe. Here is one I recently found, quite happy to finally find a good scout axe. 'Tis one of the Walters mentioned earlier in the thread. Thing holds a edge better than any of mine, my thumb will testify to that.

nice pics and axes. good finds!
    Axes4Life

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information