Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Techno (by MarcinS) - new model coming soon...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Can't wait for this one, love the blue backspacer, and I'm stoked it's tip-up. Kind of hoping the production version ends up with a heavier stonewashed finish like the custom. If it doesn't, I suppose that'll come with pocket carry over time.

While I do like these collaborations with well known makers I am always disappointed when the knife turns out to be "right-handed" only. The addition of a reversible clip does not make it a folder that a true lefty would carry, open, and close with one hand. Yes, I know...there are plenty of ambidextrous models in the Spyderco line but why should we have to be limited to those models? Why can't a true left-handed version be made of these maker collaborations? I have passed on many Spyderco models based solely on this alone.

3. Would love an in hand shot!

liners and frame locks are not that difficult to handle left handed. i'm not a lefty, but i eat with the knife in my left hand and i can open and close any liner and frame lock very easily with my left hand, gayle bradley included even without easy access to the lockbar. to me a right hand only pocket clip is much more of a problem.

just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pwet View Post
    liners and frame locks are not that difficult to handle left handed.
    Um, speak for yourself because as you state....

i'm not a lefty
    but i eat with the knife in my left hand and i can open and close any liner and frame lock very easily with my left hand, gayle bradley included even without easy access to the lockbar. to me a right hand only pocket clip is much more of a problem.
    Eating with a knife is a far different scenario than fighting with, or defending yourself, with a knife. In a saber grip a right-handed liner lock is is more likely to disengage when put to hard use by a lefty.

just my opinion.
    But as born lefty...that's just my opinion.

why so defensive ? anyway i respect your opinion, and i've stated that it's just mine i thought it was enough to express that i speak for myself

and to be more precise i'm born lefty too i just didn't have the choice in school, since then i managed to catch up and can use either hand for almost anything except handwriting this includes using my chefs knives at work or using my edc, i even shoot better as a left handed, my left hand is just not the one i'll use instinctively. so i consider my opinion quite valid.

sure i don't fight or defend myself with a knife, i never had to and i've never heard of someone who had to ... cultural difference i guess. in fact i even never thought about this.

but i'm sure a left handed techno would make a wonderfull defensive knife.

Last edited by pwet; 07-18-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Sorry, just frustrating when I can't get a knife I like because the ergonomics just suck for us lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken C. View Post
    Why can't a true left-handed version be made of these maker collaborations?
    If there were a market for it, Spyderco would make such a version.

But...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken C. View Post
    Sorry, just frustrating when I can't get a knife I like because the ergonomics just suck for us lefties.
    that's fine i get you, sorry for the frustration

Like the style. Love the name. Hate the size.

I'd like to see it hit 3.75 to 4 inches of cuttting edge. Mind you that's what I'll say for most other Spydercos too and it's a determining factor for my purchases.

Perhaps if this model is a huge hit (which i think it will), Spyderco may make a lefty techno. Kinda like they have with other knives like the ti military. Here's hoping!

I guess these R.I.L. knives are the easiest one to produce for right-hand or lefty. Most of the time if the design is smart only the last machining operations will differenciate the two handles. Hope we will get a lefty too.

I think the size is PERFECT! There are already so many great 3"+ folders out there, this will fill needed niche; that of 'Pocket Tank'.

Are all the dimensions available? Can't seem to find them.

I think the prototype looks perfect, both size and coloration are great IMO.
    The only thing i am worried about is if i can afford it.
    I know it's super early, but is there any indication of what the MSRP will be?

My guess...$160+

Can't wait for this one... So many knives... bah!

Stock thickness??

Any chance of finding out how thick the blade is? I am hoping over 3mm. A spine shot would be great to see how robuest the tip is.

liners and frame locks are not that difficult to handle left handed. i'm not a lefty, but i eat with the knife in my left hand and i can open and close any liner and frame lock very easily with my left hand, gayle bradley included even without easy access to the lockbar. to me a right hand only pocket clip is much more of a problem.

just my opinion.
    I am a lefty and I fully agree with this. I have a lefty Military but would've been happy with a standard one if the clip was reversible. I have no problem closing standard liner/frame locks one handed.

i was about to pull the trigger on a leafstorm... but now i must wait... damn you piter lol

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information