Thread: There is a budget neck knife made of 1095 with a rubberized handle...

There is a budget neck knife made of 1095 with a rubberized handle...

ADVERTISEMENT
    And I can't recall what model it is. I saw a thread a couple weeks back, but I lost it. It has a rubber coated handle with a lanyard hole at the end.

It's like a $30 dollar knife, if I recall correctly. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

ontario makes some knives with 1095 and rubber handles, i believe they are called the spec-plus line.

they are great knives for the money.

heres a link: http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/st...Ddatarq%3Dspec
    -William

That's not the model, though those don't look bad.

I think it was a smaller company, and they were made in Asia.

There's the little Benchmark Necker that's 1095. Not sure what the handle is, but it's black. SMKW carries them, and they're all over the big auction site too. Around $20 or so.

Could it be a Condor? I know they're out of South America, but it might be one of theres.
    (Formerly known as bowieman)

Quote Originally Posted by culpritish View Post
    Could it be a Condor? I know they're out of South America, but it might be one of theres.
    All the Condor neckers have no separate handle material, just one piece steel knives; one model does come with para cord wrap. Made in El Salvador, which is Central America, btw.

OP, you don't mean the little Super Edge from Cold Steel, do ya?

edit: never mind, they're Japanese stainless.

- OS
    Last edited by OhShoot; 06-24-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Benchmark BMK001. I saw them on Ebay a few months ago and considered buying one.
    Problem is one seller has them listed as having 1095hc blade steel while other sellers have them listed as having stainless steel blades. Some internet dealers don't mention what type of steel is used. Buy one and let us know if it takes a patina. I would like to have one if the blade is 1095.

Quote Originally Posted by grybsh7 View Post
    Benchmark BMK001. I saw them on Ebay a few months ago and considered buying one.
    Problem is one seller has them listed as having 1095hc blade steel while other sellers have them listed as having stainless steel blades. Some internet dealers don't mention what type of steel is used. Buy one and let us know if it takes a patina. I would like to have one if the blade is 1095.

I bought one of these BenchMarks with thick tanto chisel blade as a lark.
    Exactly same sheath design. The knife will fall out of it with the slightest jiggle. And it's not Kydex, so you can't heat it and tweak it. Maybe this one works better, I wouldn't know.

- OS

Quote Originally Posted by cramsey3006 View Post
    There's the little Benchmark Necker that's 1095. Not sure what the handle is, but it's black. SMKW carries them, and they're all over the big auction site too. Around $20 or so.
    That's the one. Only $15 bucks, too! It has micarta handles, though, I thought they were rubber from looking at the picture.

Thanks, everyone.... I'm gonna get one of these.

Interesting questions about the steel and the sheath fit.

Anyone here own one of these and can chime in on these issues?

Let us know how it turns out. I've no experience with Benchmark, and only recently saw some online, but there are a few that have tempted me.

Quote Originally Posted by fireincairo View Post
    Interesting questions about the steel and the sheath fit.

Anyone here own one of these and can chime in on these issues?
    Dunno, but can tell you that you'll need to get rid of both that buckle clip thing (it's really heavy) and the pocket clip (which is attached with brad) if you want to comfortably use it as neck knife.

There's a youtube video or two regarding the knife; I'm temporarily on dialup so can't preview.

This is the one I have that won't stay in sheath upside down at all, but sheath looks identical except for knife area.

- OS

Last edited by RandomAyes; 09-17-2011 at 06:08 PM.

A Ka-bar Becker Necker?

Thread Information