Thread: A Larry Page knife.

A Larry Page knife.

ADVERTISEMENT
    The story on this knife is, I never had even heard of Larry Page before this, but apparently he is great at what he does because this knife is amazing and very very sharp. I went up to a shop, which is the official store of the NWTF(National Wildlife Turkey Federation), and I spotted this beauty in one of the cases so I started asking about it. The guy behind the counter told me it was made by a local guy. Funny I live in the same city as him. He said the NWTF ordered a group of these from Larry specifically as some sort of NWTF knife. The button on the sheath has the NWTF symbol, but that's the only markings of NWTF anywhere. Larry Page markings are on the sheath and blade itself. I was told by the guy that the wood on the scales were "bird's eye maple". I don't know a whole lot about this sort of things so I figured I'd post the knife here, let you guys take a look and comment. Perhaps someone on here knows a little something about Larry Page knives and can tell me something I don't know. At first I didn't really like the look of the scales, but over time I've, along with anyone else who's sees it, grown to completely love this knife. You can just feel the quality when holding it. Anyways, pictures for you guys. I'm sorry if the pictures are too large. I tried resizing. Thanks ahead of time, guys.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. They really don't do this blade justice.

Not a bad looking knife.

OpKey,
    I am not familiar with this craftsman either but I had the opportunity to hold one of his knives today that was exactly like yours, the only difference is the handle had been dyed a redish brown. At first glance I didn't like the knife (red scales) but the more I handlled it and felt the balance and the quality of Page's work, it grew on me! The fellow who had just purchased it is coming over tomorrow to drop off another item I purchased, and I am now hoping that we can strike some sort of deal for the little skinner also. It has the feel of a great working knife and as you mentioned, it was indeed sharp!!!!!! ;-).....Take care, God bless and good luck with your new addition it is a beauty!!! ....r.cordell
    Last edited by r.cordell; 07-16-2011 at 04:48 PM.

OpKey,
    Well as often happens the Page knife in question is not for sale! The fellow that purchased it has fallen in love with the rascal and I fully undertstand. However I do want to make another correction to my original description. This one is identical to yours, the bright sunlight gave it a more red apearance. Hope you are still enjoying yours, and that your next find is even better. Take care and God bless....r.cordell

This knife was designed by Larry Page as fundraiser for the NWTF. They neglect to tell you that it was made in China. This knife fells in comparison to an actual knife made by Larry Page.
    Check out his website to see some of what he actually makes.
    http://www.pagecustomknives.com/welcome.html

Thread Information