Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: pigsticker challenge????

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by kalama View Post

show me your pigsticker or hog hunting knife

Kalama, it's amazing how may pig stickers we have trade through the years.

Seeing your photos reminds me of some I've forgotten and others that I remember but don't see.

Here's my current top pick.

A knife I got in trade from you,

...modding the guard was a huge improvement for how the knife worked in my large hand.

Big Mike

That was a great knife mike,I like it even better with your mods,I see bark river are coming out with some nice big blades.
    Larry I don't think you remember me but I talked to you some years back.I bought a battle bowie in the mid 90's I think, maybe earlier.was a great hog knife.but I only had it for a month ,someone stole my truck with my gear in it..
    life's to short for safe queen's

That was a great knife mike,I like it even better with your mods,I see bark river are coming out with some nice big blades.
    Larry I don't think you remember me but I talked to you some years back.I bought a battle bowie in the mid 90's I think, maybe earlier.was a great hog knife.but I only had it for a month ,someone stole my truck with my gear in it..

Quote Originally Posted by kalama View Post
    no i dont remember there's more of uall than of me
    if u are going to kill hawgs please us 2 edges:0 if not mine then someone elses hawgs fall down quicker that way!!!
    less shortn and grunting ,fewer dogs hurt etc.f

I was just perusing Ariel Salaverria's website. I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing this pic.
    I think that this one would fill the bill nicely.
    Rest in peace Maniacal Pete. I wish I could have done more.

#331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

id hunt with it... but..... it a bit long to get to the wide part of the blade .that part in front of the guard is what makes the hole wider
    Last edited by larry harley; 04-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by larry harley View Post
    id hunt with it... but..... it a bit long to get to the wide part of the blade .that part in front of the guard is what makes the hole wider
    I see, thanks for the information.
    Rest in peace Maniacal Pete. I wish I could have done more.

#331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

I like to think of it as a skinny smatchet but Muela of spain actually markets these as a boar dagger; they have quite a selection. I'm in Minnesota so doubt I'll run into a wild hog anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
    I like to think of it as a skinny smatchet but Muela of spain actually markets these as a boar dagger; they have quite a selection. I'm in Minnesota so doubt I'll run into a wild hog anytime soon

thats the ticket!!!

Here's a few, Cold Steel Trailmaster, Jeff White Bowie, Buck 120' and Gossman Big Boar Tusker.

"Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skinned?"
    Proud Supporter of JK knives #62,
    Gossman Tusker User Group #33
    Order Of The Black Shamrock #1515

Quote Originally Posted by Ossa1970 View Post
    Here's a few, Cold Steel Trailmaster, Jeff White Bowie, Buck 120' and Gossman Big Boar Tusker.

those are all great knives but none of them are really efficient killn knives.

Aloha Larry I have to say that the buck 120 an coldsteel trialmaster are good killing knives I used them for years,I never used a tusker would realy want to try one one day,but it to would do the job..I hunt with big knives,but I killed more hogs with a 6 inch blade then any other size.

Here's a few more maybe a little more appropriate for the task however the cold steel should do the trick
    "Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skinned?"
    Proud Supporter of JK knives #62,
    Gossman Tusker User Group #33
    Order Of The Black Shamrock #1515

Saddle Hill Ranch, North Island, New Zealand.
    Sorry, I only just noticed this thread.

I made the following fixed blade a few months ago for myself to use on the ranch for all tasks, very much INCLUDING for pigsticking/boar hunting. Made it out of an old Nicholson W2 file approx 5/16 thick spine and with a temporary rubber cord handle (until I can figure out something better). So far it's been perfect.

A Cebuano plamingko (aka flamenco). This type of knife was introduced to the island of Cebu in the Philippines by the Spanish and has been used for hunting, fighting and slaughtering pigs ever since. I'm very fond of these. They fit my hand like a glove and make me want to stick something!

Last edited by jayinhk; 06-24-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information