Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The MOST RIDICULOUS KNIFE I'VE EVER SEEN the Cold Steel G10 XL ESPADA.

The MOST RIDICULOUS KNIFE I'VE EVER SEEN the Cold Steel G10 XL ESPADA.

ADVERTISEMENT
    I got this knife in the mail a couple days ago but haven't had time to play with it as i've been busy at work. I took a few minutes and threw some comparison knives/guns down with it on the old picnic table today for a couple of quick pictures just so some of you can grasp the size of it, as before I opened it.. I had no idea. This won't be the best review, as it hasn't seen a lot of use but I do have a couple points i'm going to bring up.

It's HUGE, way bigger than I thought. It doesn't fit in my pocket of my shorts that i'm wearing well, but does in others.

It's WAY lighter than I thought it'd be, as well as a lot slimmer.

The g10 is tremendously grippy. That's actually a quality I want in a knife that's more of a weapon than anything. You would have a hard time letting go of this knife.

The wave works perfectly, same as the Rajah II.

The blade is centered perfectly, with zero blade play. It also came with a very decent edge. I'm going to rework the edge from hair shaving to hair splitting, as this is a weapon.

On to the pictures. Just to get an idea, that's a Rajah II in there, a CR umnumzaan, a full size 1911, a Ruger Super BlackHawk .44mag, a Natchez Bowie and a Tai Pan. This thing is a monster.

Not the best lighting but I got motivation, and my lightbox won't fit my espada.

For a better size comparison I should have taken pictures with my m1a or some AR 15s.

It's a shame that this is a weekend only knife, it's also a waste as I always carry a gun, but i still have to carry it on the weekends... just in case someone needs a watermelon cut.

Honestly, that thing looks ridiculous to me.

But I wouldn't mind having one!

Love the pics, especially the first one with the cute little Umnumzaan next to the massive Espada XL.
    DDR/HTM Forum Moderator
    bladeforums.neuron@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing the dif pics, really helps get an idea of how truly massive this knife is. I carry either the Recon 1 or Spartan as my EDC most every day, and have a Rajah 2 for going hiking, but I NEED one of these just cause of the total awesomeness!

Nice EDC.

I wouldn't like to explain carrying that to a LEO...

Quote Originally Posted by CARRERA50 View Post
    For opening envelopes and removing splinters of course.

Watermelons tremble in fear. And BD cakes, no doubt. Cool blade.

Wow. The Umnum looks like a LadyBug. Is the Espada too big to use effectively?
    Last edited by lava_lamp; 07-17-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CARRERA50 View Post
    We have no knife laws in NH, if he asked what that's for i'd say it's a weapon for when I run out of bullets, he can't do a thing about it. It's not like the 1911 on my hip or .38 in my pocket has an EDC use besides possibly having to shoot someone trying to hurt or kill me. The knife has the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by lava_lamp View Post
    Wow. The Umnum looks like a LadyBug. Is it to big too use effectively?
    It's actually hilarious to look at. Use effectively how? As a weapon it's great, it's basically like having a fighting fixed blade in your pocket. Cutting strings and such? Probably not the most practical blade, but it can do it just fine.

Here in Florida, the officer would most likely ask to have a flick or two at it while he was admiring the thing. Its a freedom issue, dontcha know.

The knife itself is the perfect answer for those not wishing to tote around a 7.5" fixed blade, especially the gator trapper/hunters who are forever being harassed here by tourists. Last summer I did a short stint in a gator "resettlement" project, and actually had men no higher than my collarbone threatening bodily harm if I DARED hurt one of God's cuddly creatures.

And the law won't let us use 'em as bait, neither. Makes a man want to write his congressman.

Everyone should have one of those and an Opinel #13 in their collection!

Perfect for the glove compartment of your Hummer.

How about a pic of it in your pocket?

Andy
    "Why is everything you are wearing sharp?"

Blog Entries
    That knife does absolutely nothing for me. To each their own though. Wow, what a tank.

it is as big as a natchez,good gosh i got to snag one,i got the old style espada.....

In the CS catalogue it didnt do that much for me, be seeing it next to the Natches Bowie just let's you appreciate what a beast that knife is. Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm Liking It

If nothing else this is quite the conversation piece.

I'll buy one so I have something to slice my apple with at work.

Blog Entries
    It would go well with this.

You own a Tai pan?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information