Thread: H&R Model 800 "Lynx"

H&R Model 800 "Lynx"

ADVERTISEMENT
    Saw one of these for sale, used, including a scope today at a local retailer and I'm planning on picking it up later on (if it is still there). Very little info available and fewerr parts, seems it was only made from 1958-61. Can anybody suggest the best place(s) to search for either replacement or reproduction mags for this .22 rifle? Also, would there be any particular "new fangled" rounds to stay away from? I can't image any .22 being particularly too hot, and the gun is by no means skimpy, but maybe there is something I don't know...

Numrich Arms (?) might have one. But, why? You can get a 22 auto with a proven track record for a decent price with gobs of spare parts available.

Ended up picking up the H&R. Sure its maybe not the most generic or easiest to find parts (although it seems to share some with the model 165), but its got classic looks, shoots straight and nobody else will have one!

Take care of it and it will probably last several generations.

Great work! H&R is a prominent maker and as Bo said, take care of it and it will probably outlive you. Enjoy your peace, I mean piece. LOL.

Just FYI for anybody who may need to know. The Lynx 800 can use a H&R 165 mag without a problem. Well its batting .500 right now but I think the one tripleK that didnt work is defective.

Thread Information