Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mountian Bike Thread..

Blog Entries

ADVERTISEMENT
    3 hours on very rooted trails. Man It was a workout

probably gonna be real sore about Tues. and some tomorrow. I love that feeling. Means you worked real hard. Pain is my friend....LOL

HAHA J, man up and keep pedaling. I went the other day for about 8 miles of CRAZY trails. I have been riding a lot. A mix of cross country and another spot in the woods with just insane trails. Thats where I have always ridden though so its old hat.

I decided to try speed pedals, I picked up a set a Time Roc Atac and a set of shoes. I started off today for about a 15 miles XC ride and talk about BURN, I had no idea what burn was until it kicked in on the tops of my legs...never even felt that before.

I highly suggest them for XC J. Picked them up real quick. Going to take baby steps in the woods though. Its old hat but....

Have fun out there.

Oh, and today I saw a bike that made me crazy at the shop. MOOTS MOOTO X YBB 29er...SICK bike...if only I was rich...6100...
    Last edited by richstag; 09-19-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Kevin

29ers for the win.

Squishware - I agree. Thats what I have been riding since 2002. Never looked back.
    Kevin

I'm too old.can't get used to the 29er look. I know they roll over rocks,and big stuff better though.

Blog Entries
    I would like to try a ride on a full suspension 29

I would too J. The Moots at the shop wasn't a hardtail, but it wasn't full suspension. It had some pivotless suspension on the rear that gave only 1" of travel, simply from the design and titanium materials.

I have never even had the pleasure to ride a full suspension bike. Your bike would probably be a dream for me to try.

If I had the money I think I would go for the Moots with the pivotless rear suspension. Not quite a hardtail and not quite a full suspension.

If you look at this pic you can see the tiny area of travel on the rear

I am so used to a hardtail I think this would be a good idea for me.

Then I found the Moots XZ, I guess that is more your style with true full suspension

Okay, I am going to stop looking at bikes I just can't afford now.
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    Mad money

Yeah, your not kidding. Until my bike breaks and I can't get a "handmade in the USA" frame anymore, Im not buying anyhow.

Looking at bikes kind of makes me vomit a little. You have to go to the "boutique brands" to get MADE IN USA anymore...lame.
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    My frame was welded in Taiwan after they formed the Easton Tubes here. Its gives it a 600 difference in price. Frame only over USA
    welded and anodized Ellsworth frame

That's crazy. I guess with such few makers being true USA frames they can charge whatever they want.
    Kevin

I gotta say full suspension 29er's are cool. Rode one once. You can just about roll over any obstacle you'll come on and the ride is better than a 26er---smoother over roots,etc.. You don't ground out and get hung up as easily. You can just roll over things you have to hop on a 26er. They just look weird....just me.

Thetret - one downside I found to a 29er over 26 is on really tight areas its not as easy to manuever. Even though its easier to roll over roots and rocks, some trails I was better off with a 26 that I could take it one root or rock at a time. If that makes sense. I have a different ride style since I picked up my 29 in '02.

For the most part the 29 is better for me. But I figured as long as we r telling it like it is I would share my experience also.
    Kevin

I would love to pick up Carbon Santa Cruz Nomad II

Blog Entries

I ride a Redline d460 (9 speed 29er) only the wheels,fork and crank are stock. I like full rigid, most of the trials I ride are singletrack and rooty. I prefer rigid because all the energy goes to the wheels. I also like that its harder to go fast than full suspension so I don't outgrow my local trails.

That bike looks insane. Probably the one to get if you ride full suspension and lots of downhill I guess?
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    Those are the top end of black box shiz

I could actually see paying 6k for a bike like that before I paid 6k for the MOOTS I saw at the shop. It seems like you are getting a lot more for your money. Its not my style but I can definitely see owning that bike if it was.
    Kevin

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information