Thread: My new Bushfinger!

My new Bushfinger!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Got this bad boy back in december of last year. I was lucky enough to snag it off of the KSF site. Got stuck on a deployment so it just sat and sat. Waiting to be used as a knife should. Thought I would post some pics as new before I got to working with it. Hope you enjoy!

I still love making Bushfingers. Really, I'm making myself one now. I've had several. Can't get over how much I like using that knife.

The first Fiddleback Forge made production knife is being drawn now, and its almost a Bushfinger.
    Who cares what I just said. Please go learn about SuperBen, he needs the knifemaking community.

Is this the "formal" announcement??? When do we hear more?

Great..another knife we're all going to "need" Thanks again Andy for the beautiful work

Andy..do you still have the one you made for yourself awhile back.. maybe before Blade? If you are rotating in another 'finger for yourself, then I want dibs on that sweety you posted pics of back a few months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by chainring View Post
    Andy..do you still have the one you made for yourself awhile back.. maybe before Blade? If you are rotating in another 'finger for yourself, then I want dibs on that sweety you posted pics of back a few months ago!
    You talking about this one chain?

For some reason I'm getting a lil red x. Well see if it will post after a reboot.

Glad you got back home s500, hope you get all the woods time you need. Recoup well and thanks for the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge-Runner View Post
    Glad you got back home s500, hope you get all the woods time you need. Recoup well and thanks for the service.
    Thanks, RR.

Andy,
    You've been making that Bushfinger for yourself for some time now. That's going to be one heck of a knife.

Not the formal announcement, but the drawing phase has begun. Thats in itself is exciting to me.
    Who cares what I just said. Please go learn about SuperBen, he needs the knifemaking community.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddleback View Post
    Not the formal announcement, but the drawing phase has begun. Thats in itself is exciting to me.
    Will this be produced by you or outsourced like the Bark River Recluse?
    Last edited by BBQ BOY; 10-11-2011 at 11:52 AM.

That burlap looks awesome!

Looking forward to seeing the first production knife!
    History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies. ~Alexis de Tocqueville

B.H. #27

I've said this before. Not only was I very happy with EVERY aspect of working with BRKT on the Recluse, but I also think most of the negative impressions of that company commonly posted on forums are incorrect. Additiionally, if this thread goes on about BRKT, and folks opinions therein, I will lock it. There is a beautiful looking Bushfinger posted at the top of the thread, and an enthusiastic poster eager to show off his new tool. I am sorry I even mentioned anything about the production knife in this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge-Runner View Post
    +1. Coming back to a great new knife has got to help!

Used mine a lot this past weekend- even being all thumbs, I can do nice fuzz sticks with the BF.

Hi S500. Hey the Bushfinger is almost the perfect all around knife, enjoy it. If it was the perfect knife I wouldn't need my KE Bushy, Hiking Buddy, Hunter, ...

Thanks guys! I carry this thing everywhere! Not EDC but around the house, to the bathroom etc. My room mate thinks I'm a little strange. The handle is just sooo comfortable, I can't help myself! This weekend will be its first trip to the national forest. Right now I'm using a leather sheath from another knife, anybody ever use kydex for their Bushfinger? Or would that be blasphemy?

Kydex is not blasphemy. I just do do very good kydex, so I don't offer it.

Welcome back s500 & enjoy that beautiful Bushfinger.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.
    Slip joints for sale
    CANCER SUCKS!

Thread Information