Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no black Delica FFG?

Why no black Delica FFG?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Im not really into the colored Delica FFG, but would order a black handled one.

Does anyone know why Spyderco decided not to make a black FFG Delica...?

Make your own.

Beat me to it. Basically, boil the knife in black RIT dye.

Yeah, Im not going to buy two, take them apart, swap back and forth, then end up with one knife I dont want at all, a colored saber grind...

Does anyone have insight why there was no black Delica FFG made...why chose green, blue, purple, etc...but not black?

I actually like the choil of the Byrd Cara Cara 2 more than the Endura. (Yes, I have an Endura.) I wish they'd make a Delica-type with the choil of the Byrd, but with VG-10, ZDP-189, or S30V steel.

Oh, and keep the handle design of the Byrd too, the texture on it is amazingly effective. I do tend to prefer the round opening hole to the bird's eye, so, yeah, the knife I want will never be made, most likely, lol. The closest thing is the new Native 5, which I just might buy if they make one closer to the price range of the Native FRN.

Black is the vanilla of knives. The boring one that everybody uses. I would rather they come in colors (black is technically a hue, not a color). The colored handles are also more people-friendly. My green Delica screams green, not knife.

I'll admit that the British racing green used on some Spydercos is very nice.

Possibly to make things easier (less confusing) for dealers, but only someone from Spyderco could say for sure and, like many business decisions, the reasons may not be something they'd want to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtell1 View Post
    Yeah, Im not going to buy two, take them apart, swap back and forth
    I'm sorry, but this means we must ask you to turn in your Spyderco Platinum Club membership card.

Hhahahah, no dont take away my Delica Club Card!

Seriously I carry my Delica all the time, its my EDC knife and Ive had it a couple of years. As Ive gotten more into knifes I now prefer a FFG blade for the things I do with it...mostly opening up plastic bags, and light duty use, so Id like to try something other than the saber grind but still have a black Delica, not a green/pink/blue/orange/pastel/rainbow.

Not having it offered in black would seem like it would take away a large portion of potential customers - except the die-hard guys who buy 2 knives and do a chop shop kit or do a home dye-job which cant be as nice as actual factory black. I might be forced to the grey...

Mr. Sal is waiting for all of us suckers who buy extra FFG Delicas to make our own black FFG Delicas, then after the sucker market is saturated I bet he'll release the black flavor directly. Mr. Sal is very sneaky, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by powernoodle View Post
    Mr. Sal is waiting for all of us suckers who buy extra FFG Delicas to make our own black FFG Delicas, then after the sucker market is saturated I bet he'll release the black flavor directly. Mr. Sal is very sneaky, you know.
    Wait, are you insulting Sal? KILL THE BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Two alternatives to consider:

-- The Delica w saber-ground blade and black handle. The tip is said to be stronger than the FFG. This was one of my first Spydies and I like it a lot -- who wouldn't want a little extra strength?

-- The Salt I is based upon the Delica and it comes in black and yellow. I love 'em both.
    You may find, as I did, that the Salt, at 2 oz, with a slightly wider Spydie hole and a black ti clip and rustproof H1 steel makes an ideal pocket-carry. Plus, you never have to worry about bad weather. You may also like the aesthetics of the slightly wider blade. Highly recommended and, like the Delica, a bargain at the price.

I too wish the FFG Delicas came in black. So, I was forced to the gray. The gray
    isn't too bad! Then I got a brown one, too (in case they cease production). Brown
    isn't too bad, either!

The neon colors don't do it for me

WOO HOOO, found out today the FFG Endura and Delica are available in black handles!!!!!

Thank you, Im going to order one now.

I wasnt keen on the colors so I never order but really was hoping the black would be available one day - now it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtell1 View Post
    WOO HOOO, found out today the FFG Endura and Delica are available in black handles!!!!!

Thank you, Im going to order one now.

I wasnt keen on the colors so I never order but really was hoping the black would be available one day - now it is!
    I was waiting for someone else who has seen these. The Endura will also be available in black FFG.

Where do you find these news?
    And that black delica looks sweet!

I found it by chance when checking the website warriors and wonders in Canada. (Not advertising, just saying.)

Then I checked the Spyderco website to confirm, and sure enough black is available as a drop down color selection - but its not listed in the new product section.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...hp?product=456

Black has its own color ball now too.

I adore my green one, but wanting a black one is totally understandable.

This thread is no longer true today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information